Cover image for Forrester

Forrester

Engaged Employer

Forrester

Add a Review

Forrester Employee Reviews about "colleague"

Updated Nov 25, 2022

Found 2 of over 1K reviews

4.2
Forrester Chairman, President, and CEO George F. Colony
George F. Colony

What people are saying about Forrester

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The people are smart and supportive.(in 220 reviews)
  • "You will learn so much and the culture is great.(in 114 reviews)
  • "Great work / life balance(in 99 reviews)
  • "'Anywhere work' is a great benefit that allows you to select if and when you want to work in the office.(in 85 reviews)
  • "Looks good on the CV and some great colleagues.(in 81 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Forrester and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "colleague"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

The Right Values

Aug 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Many people spend their careers looking for a culture like the one we have at Forrester. I am surrounded by smart, caring colleagues who trust one another to do the right thing. They have my back (and I have theirs). Most of all, you have a voice - people are genuinely interested in what you have to say and what you bring to the table. That starts with the Executive Team - they're incredibly accessible and interested in who you are as a person. Why do I stay? My values are the company's values: honesty, integrity, quality. The Anywhere Work policy gives me the flexibility to decide how I can be most productive. It's clear the company is being thoughtful about what the future of work might look like.

Cons

We could move faster. If the start-up pace is your jam, you might be frustrated here.

6 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Love working at Forrester

Nov 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy my work at Forrester, but two benefits specifically stand out: 1. The people are wonderful to work with! Very professional, trustworthy, knowledgeable, and generally just nice people all around. My boss is also fantastic! She is supportive, trustworthy and very skilled and experienced in the company and our work. 2. Forrester's flexible work policy has made it possible for my family to work hard while also accomplishing goals outside of work. They not only "allow" remote work, they provide the tools for us to be able to do it well.

Cons

Our teams are small, which sometimes means you have to wear lots of hats. But I think that is good because we are lean, which should carry us through any upcoming hard economic times. And you learn a lot in all the different roles.

3. Join the Forrester team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Amazing people + Integrity + Solid culture

Oct 5, 2022 - Principal Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's a reason more than 10% of Forrester's employees are "boomerangs" who left and came back. This is a really good place to work, in so many ways. We work hard - it's not for folks who want to sort of skate by. But we're all in it together! I've never been better supported in any role before. This place is about the people. I am surrounded by incredible, brilliant people who care about our collective integrity, and who - although terribly busy - always have time for a colleague. There isn't greener grass than this. There is opportunity for internal career advancement, and a clear path forward. Compared with other, similar companies, it feels great to be in an organization that favors what's right over what sells.

Cons

There is more work to do than we can get done. It's nice to be in demand, but hard to turn off for the night when there's still so much more to do. Different areas of the org have different expectations and mini-cultures so if you've found you're place you're set, but if not it can be uncomfortable.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work overall

Oct 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Forrester is overall a great place to work. They are conscientious about most aspects of employee experience and continually try to improve things. They are largely flexible about office vs home work and work hard to accommodate everyone.

Cons

Some internal cultural dynamics are tough. There's a universal overcriticality which can result in that, no matter how hard you work, the result you produce will not be sufficient, and this standard is applied disproportionately to some roles, despite both volume of current and future workload and any previous displays of productivity or overachievement. This happens both within teams and across orgs. Some team cultures are toxic and face no repercussion for openly being so. The push to return to office makes earlier anywhere-work messaging feel disingenuous. Compensation and benefits could be improved.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture, benefits, and working environment

Aug 22, 2022 - Healthcare Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

- "Anywhere work" is a great benefit that allows you to select if and when you want to work in the office. I stay fully remote, but will occasionally come to the office for a visit. - Benefits include healthcare, dental, vision, life insurance (for self and family), 401k match (50% match up to 6%. AKA 3% match), etc. - Interview process was great and on-boarding experience was enjoyable. For my role, they expect the process to take a full year before you are expected to perform at your desired goals. - Clear promotion outline and structure - Great salary (in my opinion) when compared to others in the space (using Glassdoor info) -Has a clear set of values and STICKS TO THEM - Diversity and Inclusion: There is literally a team who has multiple engagements throughout the month to ensure D&I are part of the culture and foundation. - CEO is down to Earth, relatable, and available

Cons

- Global on boarding should maybe happen more than once a quarter. I joined right after the last one happened so was not able to attend until almost 3 months in. It would have been nice to have the information presented within the first month as I was already engaging in my position and with clients.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company with a solid product and wonderful work/life balance

Sep 1, 2022 - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Forrester's brand is well recognized which makes selling the solution much easier -Friendly culture with smart people -Anywhere work (you can work from an office or wherever you want) -Tons of room for career advancement -They really care about their employees. When life happens they support you and give you the time you need -Good comp plan. You can make more at bigger tech companies but Forrester's comp plan is nothing to sneeze at -Once you work at Forrester, you can work for any company you want after -We have a ton of "boomerang" employees who leave and come back -Most people stay here for over a decade -No major layoffs during times of recession

Cons

-The busiest month is December. It's just the nature of our buyers. You make a ton of money but there will never be Christmas through New Year off here. -It's a big company, so you will need to be good at navigating internal org processes to get things done. Not necessarily a con, but it is what it is. -Comp is great but could be better

8. 4.0
    Current Employee

It's all about the people

Oct 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Really enjoy the people I work with both on my direct and extended team. Every job has it's pros and cons but the people you work with are what make a difference. The team environment is a big part of what keeps me at Forrester. - Access to the most current and forward thinking research is a big perk. - My manager is empathetic, respectful and really flexible when it comes to balancing work and personal life. She also always lets me fully be who I am at work and share my perspectives. The level of autonomy I have in my job feels like it can't be replicated elsewhere with all the other positives I've mentioned above.

Cons

- Perfectionism and complexity can get in the way of speed in both change and decision making - Lots of opinions, can sometimes feel it's harder to be productive when many people have a strong view point on what's right based on their expertise - Lagging in an overall approach to benefits, beyond the standard ones that all companies offer, in addition to compensation not being as competitive as other industries

9. 5.0

Great Place To Work

Nov 18, 2022 - Research Associate in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance compensation great management career progression

Cons

None I can think of

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Intellectual curiosity and deep drive for analysis meets some typical large company issues

Jun 30, 2022 - Research
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Whip smart folks are thick on the ground. -If one can navigate the politics, a lot of room to drive exciting new thinking. -Clients that are hungry for our advice and help. Always gratifying to work with brands that value your efforts and actually change their businesses based on your research. -Core research products have shifted towards an approach that more closely match client needs. -A *huge* contingent of caring, friendly, and interesting co-workers. It may be a cliche, but the company has a great group of people.

Cons

-Diversity thinking needs a rethink. I have heard a recruiter call an Asian American candidate from an upper-middle class background with a degree from a top-tier school "a diversity hire." Um...diversity is about much more than a race and ethnicity checkbox. While it is great that we are not just hiring white men, we can do much better. Forrester needs to be more active in recruiting those from different academic, socio-economic, life history, religious, ability, and political backgrounds. -For a company that is supposed to be all about providing analysis and advice to clients to help navigate the future, it has been remarkably stuck in analysis paralysis when it comes to the issues of the day. If we can predict the future for clients, we certainly could have foreseen the end of Roe v. Wade and had a better answer to employees about healthcare options than essentially "This is new. We need to study it." -Forrester has rolled out many policies and changes that seem to lack the research backing and intellectual rigor that our clients demand of our core products.

1 person found this review helpful

Forrester Response

Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective. I echo your sentiments around smart, caring, and interesting co-workers. Forrester does indeed have an incredible community. Our work to create a more inclusive and diverse environment for employees is a priority at the highest levels of our company, and I agree with you, there’s more work to do. One of our clearly stated hiring goals is to increase the diversity of our population, without regard for socio-economic or educational background. We know that diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds will make us stronger as a community and business. That’s why we’re working with partners like Jopwell who represent and help advance the careers for Black, Latinx, and Native American students and professionals, and FourBlock who support veterans transitioning into civilian careers. We will continue to make meaningful investments in our diverse recruitment practices, in addition to our investment in inclusion training for all Forresterites, which we began this year. As for your comments about Roe v. Wade, our position on this topic before the Supreme Court ruling remains the same today. I stand by our commitment to ensure access to quality healthcare for every single Forresterite. I’m grateful for your comments and would welcome a conversation in person if you’re open to it. Thank you, Sarah Le Roy Chief People Officer

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

An empowering company to work for

Sep 26, 2022 - Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible "Anywhere Work" policy prioritizes listening to employees about remote work preferences while still providing benefits of office interaction. They truly encourage a healthy work/life balance. Active and engaged senior leadership. I feel heard by the company. There is room for me to "punch above my weight" and make an impact at a larger scale than others may be given at different companies.

Cons

Compensation seems to lag behind current inflation. People I know in similar roles at other companies make more than I do.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 Reviews