Cover image for Forrester

Forrester

Engaged Employer

Forrester

Add a Review

Forrester Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 3, 2021

Found 160 of over 1K reviews

4.1
Forrester Chairman, President, and CEO George F. Colony
George F. Colony

What people are saying about Forrester

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The people are smart and supportive.(in 216 reviews)
  • "You will learn so much and the culture is great.(in 115 reviews)
  • "Great work / life balance(in 98 reviews)
  • "'Anywhere work' is a great benefit that allows you to select if and when you want to work in the office.(in 83 reviews)
  • "Looks good on the CV and some great colleagues.(in 78 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Forrester and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work and grow your career

Dec 3, 2021 - Client Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work-life balance. You have the opportunity to work with the smartest people and most innovative companies in the world. You're at the center of business, tech, innovation, etc. Sales is very consultative and it will up your game and business acumen. Maybe just decide to skip the MBA and go work for a firm like Forrester?

Cons

Compensation may be a bit on the lower side but you can get to a point where you're be compensated well based on past performance. OTE can be strong if you're a top producer. If you can get there, you'll be working for an amazing company and earning a solid living.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Opportunities to learn and grow supported by a strong culture

Nov 23, 2021 - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Whenever I talk to prospective applicants about why I've stayed with Forrester for so long, it always comes down to the culture. Client projects come and go; some great, some challenging. But over the last 5+ years I've found that I work with employees who are smart, kind, mature, and open to new thinking. I have never been made to doubt my value as a contributor, and in turn I am motivated to do my best work. Work/life balance is strong, and hours are flexible. As long as the work gets done, you can take the time you need to recharge. I have personally found that I can often make my own hours in a way that suits my working style / energy levels best. On top of all that, I have made some of my best friends at Forrester. I could go on about culture. As for the work: over my tenure I have played a few different roles within the organization, and have been encouraged to find what works best for me. Within Consulting, that encouragement continues where I have been given the space to explore and learn what I enjoy doing most. Forrester gives you the tools to build your expertise in whatever area you find yourself most drawn to. I am continually challenged to grow and am now miles ahead from where I started when first joining the team.

Cons

The workload is often heavy, and burnout is a strong possibility if you don't take the initiative to take care of yourself. That said - the team is highly supportive and understanding when you need to take the time to re-energize. Compensation could be better - but management is working to rectify this as we work our way out of the pandemic.

3. 2.0

Out of Touch

Dec 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life balance is pretty good

Cons

Incredibly difficult to move forward in your career. There is a serious bias towards hiring people from outside the company whenever a more senior role is made available. You end up competing for promotions with professionals outside of the company and are at a disadvantage because of it. Since the pandemic began, Forrester has also seriously scaled back opportunities for advancement and to upskill (previously available perks like education reimbursement have been cut, hiring/promoting frozen). At this point, accepting a position at Forrester is a guaranteed way to put your career on hold.

5 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Exciting place to be right now!

Oct 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work/life balance is great and the people are fantastic. You also learn a ton.

Cons

Can't think of any right now.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

People, culture, work life balance, and PURPOSE!

Oct 4, 2021 - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at FORR for 3 years, and everyday I wakeup excited for my job. I love the work we do for our clients and the way we make an actual difference. Other good things (in no particular order) include: Forr handled the pandemic well. Leadership communicates often and transparently. My team is full of kind, hardworking, and smart people... NO EGO! Great work life balance Realistic expectations and rewards. Learning culture allows you to explore.

Cons

Pay and benefits aren't as sexy as a tech company, but you stay for the culture and the work, not to become billionaires.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Not perfect but overall a good place to work

Oct 1, 2021 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Lots of very smart people. People in middle management roles really feel like they've earned those roles and are very competent. - Generally a good work/life balance in consulting. The nature of the work means you go through the occasional crazy patch but it balances out. - You're treated like an adult here. Nobody micro-manages your time and nobody is going to scold you if you don't always show up to work exactly on time or if you feel like you need to take a break so you sign off at 3pm on a Friday. As long as you're getting your work done, nobody really cares how it happens. - The work is interesting. You learn a lot and definitely develop a ton of very transferable skills as a consultant. - Benefits are good! - The company is on very solid financial ground. There were obviously some dips during the pandemic but I don't believe anyone had to be laid off or any salaries were cut. - Despite all of the cons below, I definitely have enjoyed my time here and have worked with some really awesome people.

Cons

- Salaries are quite low compared with the market. They're comparable with boutique market research firms but far lower than you'd be making in equivalent roles at big consulting/accounting firms or working for a vendor. Virtually everyone who leaves makes substantially more when they do. Promotion cycles are also generally pretty slow. - The CEO is generally out of touch, often says pretty tone deaf or even downright offensive things and has far too much control over the company. Nobody seems to be able to check his worse impulses, he pretty much does whatever he wants, even if it hurts the company or employees. - The company is VERY white. They have put together a D&I council which is doing good work so there's definite hope that this will change. The executive leadership does not seem to have much interest in it (see bullet above). - The consulting department, in particular, seems to have become very much the forgotten child at Forrester despite it being by far the most profitable branch. I'm not sure how much that actually means long term but its definitely something that people in the consulting org have noticed.

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing place to work - great team, work-life balance, and flexible working options

Sep 7, 2021 - Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

My team at Forrester is beyond amazing. Everyone is very open minded, intelligent, and values work-life balance. Management (both at the team and corporate level) has always been responsive to feedback and proactive about collecting it. I'm always learning on the job and there are plenty of opportunities for me to progress my career forward in any number of growth paths. Overall Forrester (or at least the team I work within) is an amazing place to work.

Cons

The salary is pretty low compared to other roles across the country, but when you divide time worked by the salary, I think it compares to most other companies.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Excellent Place To Work

Jul 28, 2021 - Strategy Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture and values - Amazing teams and employees - Passion for serving clients in meaningful ways - Rewards intellectual curiosity and hard work - Awesome work/life balance

Cons

- Lower than market value compensation - Somewhat confusing sales organization - Organizational direction can be unclear at times

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A good place to start a career

Jul 27, 2021 - Researcher in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Surrounded by a lot of smart and talented people - Work can be very interesting and fulfilling depending on the project - Good work/life balance - Handled work during the pandemic very gracefully

Cons

- Work can become stagnant after a while - Limited opportunities for growth/progression at times - Cambridge office by Alewife station is not the most desirable location - Pay feels a little low for certain types of roles

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

An amazing place to work!

Jun 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-The culture at Forrester is fantastic. If you're looking for kind, hardworking, and GENIUS coworkers, this is the place to be. The executive team is also lovely, very thoughtful and conscientious of employee wellbeing. -Work-life balance here is wonderful. There isn't a "work your life away" mentality here. While we work hard during the day, Forrester is very respectful of their employees by keeping a firm work-life balance. -This is a great place to be if you love being challenged. Things are constantly shifting, so you'll never be bored. The growth I've experienced in the time I've been with Forrester so far has far exceeded any other company I've worked for. -Competitive salary, great benefits

Cons

Would love to see more diverse representation within the Forrester employees, but Forrester's new-ish D&I initiative is doing an excellent job paving the way for inclusiveness and representation in the workforce.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 160 Reviews