Forsyth Barnes Reviews | Glassdoor

Forsyth Barnes Reviews

Updated Sep 9, 2019

4.6
Forsyth Barnes CEO Roheel Ahmad (no image)
Roheel Ahmad
  1. "Focused on training and development"

I have been working at Forsyth Barnes full-time for less than a year

Pros

Massive focus on developing staff and promoting from within, this is very encouraging especially when I joined with no previous recruitment experience. Great company culture whilst always being a positive atmosphere in the office

Cons

None that I can think of

Forsyth Barnes2019-09-09
  2. "A strong focus on training and my personal development"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Forsyth Barnes full-time for more than a year

Pros

From day one, i realised this was a business led by genuine people who had my personal best interests at heart. Yes they demand a lot of me, but that's to try and bring the best out of me, and so I fulfil my ambitions. The constant drive to push yourself is demonstrated by the way Roheel and Scott push themselves, and this filters down through the business. Because I've built up that trust and respect, if ever I've... had any personal issues, they've been the first to offer help or to listen to me. In our own quirky way, we're all a big family supporting each other and pushing each other to do well. This with the structured training plan I was given means I've been constantly learning over this last year, and am constantly progressing.

Cons

The initial expectations can see high, but that's because I was completely new to recruitment. Things didn't necessarily get easier, but I got better so this became more manageable.

Advice to Management

I love the fact the managers are so down to earth, please don't lose this.

Forsyth Barnes2019-08-12
  3. "Love working at FB"

Current Employee - Executive Appointments Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Forsyth Barnes full-time for more than a year

Pros

The business is constantly pushing to grow, which means we are encouraged to do as well as we can. We're rewardedly heavily including bonus. Team bond has a real family feel, and I've been really welcomed into the business. The owners are always looking expand. A genuine career is mapped out for us. The training plan is tailored to us and were given all the support we need. We're able to approach the directors... at any time.

Cons

Sometimes hours can be long, but that's a fair trade for the rewards and training we receive.

Advice to Management

Constantly bring in like minded, ambitious people. A small few we have had, haven't had that same level of ambition.

Forsyth Barnes2019-07-27
  4. "Living the dream..."

Current Employee - L&D Manager in London, England

I have been working at Forsyth Barnes full-time for less than a year

Pros

Forward-thinking business that is open to whatever it takes to ensure success - even if that means steering away from the traditional methods of recruitment. I've been with the business coming up to 3 months and I've been made to feel like a member of the FB family right away. The approach taken is very much a reflection of the individual - if you work hard and contribute to business this will reciprocated. I was... shocked at some of the comments on here but this is quite common for disgruntled employees when things haven't quite worked out. I find the culture to be a friendly and welcoming but with the high performance nature that pushes you to be your best. Everyone here is working hard, earning decent money and enjoying the journey. My favourite aspect overall is being able to see people come into the business with little to no experience and in a short space of time achieve amazing feats. - The look of pride on their faces is priceless to me :)

Cons

Nothing currently that I could mention.

Advice to Management

Don't change. A massive draw for me coming to the business was the management team - an inspiration!

Forsyth Barnes2019-07-25
  5. "What a place to work!!"

I have been working at Forsyth Barnes full-time

Pros

The best commission scheme in the industry, great office and team environment, potential to work your way up within the business is fantastic, and there's free beer in the office!

Cons

You need to work hard to succeed, so expect to be put to the test

Forsyth Barnes2019-01-15
  6. "Executive Appointments Consultant"

I have been working at Forsyth Barnes full-time

Pros

Culture People Office (free beer) Excellent training Unrivalled commission structure

Cons

nothing at all. it's great.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing

7. "Simply the best"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Forsyth Barnes full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked at a couple of recruitment companies before this one, and this one takes all the best parts of those and leaves out the bad bits. Great people to work with, good atmosphere, support from management, loads of incentives, great commission, the list could go on.

Cons

Every business has minor issues, especially such a young one, so it's still a constant learning curve for employees and management but all in the right direction and no real problems, especially not compared to where I've worked in the past.

Advice to Management

Nothing that they don't already know and act on

Forsyth Barnes2019-01-15
  8. "Work hard play hard!"

I have been working at Forsyth Barnes full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined the FB family fresh out of Uni, not knowing what to expect. The phrase ‘work hard play hard’ gets thrown about a lot, but that really is the case at Forsyth Barnes. If you work hard enough, the sky is the limit here. The is no cap as to the amount of money you can earn, and you WILL earn a lot of money if you are willing to put in the graft. I’m living proof of the progression opportunities at Forsyth... Barnes. Just 4 months into my career, I achieved my first promotion moving from academy to running my own desk as a 360 consultant. I had no experience in recruitment, and just 4 months on achieved a promotion. If you’re willing to work hard, you will be rewarded.

Cons

I can't think of any!

Forsyth Barnes2018-01-08
  9. "Best decision I've made!"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Forsyth Barnes full-time for more than a year

Pros

I joined FB because of the enormous opportunity to be a part of something special… I stay because every day that opportunity grows. It’s an environment that allows you to grow, learn and thrive, piecing together all of the essential building blocks to becoming a successful consultant. Yes, I could talk about how great the commission and incentives are, but the real draw is the fact that working here makes getting up... in the morning a piece of cake. It’s exciting, engaging and enthralling; the inherent ups and downs of working within executive search still exist but the highs far outweigh the lows. For the first time in my career I feel I’m working somewhere that I can make a difference and not just better this business, but myself as a professional and a person.

Cons

I genuinely can't think of any!

Forsyth Barnes2018-01-08
  10. "Forsyth Barnes Employee Review Update"

I have been working at Forsyth Barnes full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have loved my time at FB so far, the atmosphere is great, everyone is always so bubbly and full of energy and there’s never really a dull moment! I’m really enjoying my role here and have learnt so much more about recruitment that I never knew before and have also learnt how to come out of my comfort zone to get me to where I need to be..

Cons

Forsyth Barnes is a great place to work and I don't believe there are any negatives

Forsyth Barnes2018-01-05