Fortego Reviews

Updated May 7, 2020

5.0
Fortego Partners Chad Price and Eric Rothenberger (no image)
Chad Price and Eric Rothenberger
  1. "Exceeds all expectations"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Fortego full-time for less than a year

Pros

When I started at Fortego, I was instantly welcomed as part of the family. Leadership cares about your hard work, dedication, and happiness, and they pay attention to your goals as a technical professional. In short time, I have made new friends and found amazing technical mentors who are eager to share their knowledge. Fortego builds real connections between people who are extremely passionate about all aspects of cyber warfare. The company's focus areas are exactly what they should be in order to always be competitive and highly valued in this field. My two criteria in finding a company to start a long term career with were a positive, tight knit community, and people who really aspired to make breakthroughs in this field. I definitely have found that at Fortego. It's been a pleasure and continues to be so every day.

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons.

Continue reading
  2. "Great company with good benefits"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Fortego full-time

Pros

Pay and benefits are great.

Cons

Limited movement for analysts due to minimal contracts but the one contract is massive so internal moves are possible.

3. "Great company, great work"

Current Employee - CNO Analyst

I have been working at Fortego full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fortego is a seriously great place to work! They make you feel like family and feel super valued as an employee. The benefits (health insurance, 401k matching, annual vacation time, salary, flexible work schedule) are outstanding. Easily one of the best companies to work for.

Cons

No cons for the company. Even when issues popup from external, they are handled extremely well and usually quickly.

4. "Top Notch Company"

Current Employee - IRAD Developer

I have been working at Fortego full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits are extremely competitive and keeps you feeling extremely valued. The work that is done here is extremely meaningful and keeps you coming back for more. The backroom staff is always responsive and keep on top of their work so it just brings peace of mind. The partners always keep the employees informed so you're always kept in the loop as to where the company is heading. Overall working here is extremely rewarding and I would recommend it highly!

Cons

I truly haven't come across any cons.

5. "The Real Deal"

I have been working at Fortego full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Clear direction and mission. * No-BS leadership. * Challenging technical work. * Strong, positive, and fun company culture and community. * Top-notch salaries and benefits.

Cons

I spent a while trying to think of a serious con, and there just are none.

6. "Fortego = Family"

Current Employee - Analyst in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Fortego full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere and people Competitive benefits Challenging and rewarding work You are part of a team and not just an employee ID number

Cons

I didn’t join the team sooner!

7. "Fantastic company!"

5.0

I have been working at Fortego

Pros

- Treated like family - Technically strong coworkers - Enable focus on technical growth - Benefits that can’t be beat

Cons

Literally no complaints, best out there!

"Not your typical contractor..."

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Fortego full-time for less than a year

Pros

Honestly, I interviewed with 10 separate contractor companies, and had no real draw to one over the other, and it really just came down to salary. This was all before a friend recommended Fortego to me. Capturing all of the pro's that Fortego offered over those other "butt-in-seat" companies is going to be difficult, but here it goes!! - Free Health Care, equivalent if not better than standard civilian government health care. - Generous Paid Time Off, including Code Red and maternity/paternity days... - Training Budget of$10,000 which they actually want you to spend! (part of which can be used for technology purchase) - Chance for any employee to do paid lab work in-house or remotely on a project - Family Friendly and community driven. Chance to volunteer and spend time with people within the company really help to make it feel like you are part of a team that cares, and not just another employee. - New hire, referral, and annual bonuses... - Oh, and did I forget to mention that Fortego was rated the #1 Top Business in Baltimore in 2017 ? I'm sure I'm missing something, but I hope that captures some of it!

Cons

My only con is that I honestly had not heard of Fortego until it was mentioned to me by a friend. I don't know if I just had not seen advertisements, or

Continue reading

"Fortego takes care of it's employees"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Fortego full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fortego is the absolutely best company to work for in the CNO realm. The owners truly care about their employees well-being and career advancement. I'm able to work on fulfilling and challenging tasks everyday. The flexibility is great and the commitment to employees and their families is stellar. My wife has given birth to two of our children during my employment with Fortego and I have not at any point had to worry at all about our health care costs, or my ability to flex my work schedule to help out at home. The peace of mind I've been afforded has been truly invaluable.

Cons

The only issues that arise with Fortego employment are related to client work environments.

"Best Place to Be"

Current Employee - Cno Engineer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Fortego full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Culture, the list goes on. I would recommend Fortego to anyone in the CNO Community.

Cons

Any issues that come with working at Fortego are outside of the contol of the company. They do all they can but there are some things even the best companies can't fix.

Found 23 reviews