Fortitude Systems Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Fortitude Systems Director Corey Stewart
Corey Stewart

Pros
  • Good work / life balance (with respect to consulting industry average) (in 5 reviews)

• I had a great relationship with their account manager (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is non existent (in 3 reviews)

• The job required me to work 2nd or 3rd shift at least 2 times per month (in 3 reviews)

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Sparks, MD
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Sparks, MD

I worked at Fortitude Systems (More than a year)

Pros

intensive training from intense people. Going to learn a lot about the tech industry in a short amount of time. open door policy.

Cons

small company. small accounts. no commission structure until you have been there for atlas 10 months

Advice to Management

less on micro managing. people are there because they want to work hard. they don't need a kid a year older than them screaming in their ear to work

2. "Work hard- but it is rewarding"

Former Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at Fortitude Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at fortitude for a little under a year. You will work hard, it isn't for a slouch. I played a sport in college, so that did not bother me. The reason why I wanted to write a review is because I think this place is different and I want people to know that. It is very hard to get hired there, you don't really know that till you get hired and you see the process and how picky they really are, but if you get hired it is worth it.

While there, I went through a very difficult family situation. One day, one of the higher ups knew I was off, because I was, I was really really down in the dumps and couldn't think straight. He grabbed me, we talked in the conference room and he could tell I wasn't comfortable, He said "ya know what, its 3:30, we can jet a little early"...... He said come on, I hopped in his car and we went to this little 9 hole course and he threw me some khaki's and a polo.... for the next 2 hours, a little pion (me) that was just hired poured his heart out to this big higher up, who I found out was just a normal cool person.

He was great & just the ear I needed. He wasn't family or a friend that knew or was tied to what was going on. He was just an ear and he was there for me till the end. I will always stay in touch with the people I met there. It has a special place in my heart.

Cons

I was recently let go from Fortitude. I am not bitter, I learned a ton, I had a couple great conversations with some higher ups about where they think I would flourish elsewhere. They genuinely cared about me, and I genuinely care about that place. I really do, still bitter sweet, but I would recommend Fortitude if you were to get the offer.

Advice to Management

Keep treating humans like humans...... Also, as I said when you let me go, the competitive side of me thinks your wrong. But I respect you guys.

"Watch Out"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Falls Church, VA

I worked at Fortitude Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment is the ONLY PRO. When a company recruits cookie cutter copies of everyone already employed there, the guys tend to get along. They HAVE to make the environment enjoyable because it's the only thing keeping you in the job for more than 6 months (the point at which you realize the only people moving up are the ones that can drink the most at the once/twice weekly happy hours).

Cons

-RECRUITERS DO NOT MAKE MORE THAN $34,000. The owners list a higher salary because they consider the booze/fried bar food they force you to intake multiple times a week a "benefit" and they think that adds up to $45K+ but there is no real money added onto the base of $34K
    -The Managers create a brainwashing affect; if you question a decision made form upper management all of a sudden you "don't buy in" and are "not the right fit".
    -There is literally no "off-duty" it's a 24/7 job for $34,000 with the hopes of getting a raise after a year that they then lock you in for 2 more years unless you want to pay back all your bonuses that YOU EARNED over your promotion.
    -Anyone who left a review and lists that they have more than 2 years of employment here is literally 1 of 7 people, they are the account executives that you will be convinced are worth something but in reality are the guys that want a sense of power for the first times in their lives.
    -NO ONE stays around for more than 2 years, if you're still around after 2 years then consider yourself the sucker at the table and start looking for a job that pays you for the effort you put in, or even an hourly job; it will pay the same and you'll get to work 30 less hours per week.

Advice to Management

Make a signle decision that benefits the employees of the company, not just the owners and you might keep 5% of your new hires every year....maybe

5. "Internal Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Fortitude Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Every person that works here has come from this base position
    - Learn valuable communication and staffing operations
    - Very strong team environment that fosters personal and business growth

Cons

- Work hours are longer and more intense than the normal 9 to 5; not for those who want a basic job and have lots of downtime to themselves

Advice to Management

Keep mentoring and enabling the young guys coming into the company as they are the future. The company culture, energy and drive are all excellent and should never be pushed aside.

"Great training...interesting culture"

Former Employee - Recruiter in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in McLean, VA

I worked at Fortitude Systems full-time

Pros

Great training
    Social outings w/ free drinks/food every week

Cons

- Culture - not a lot of professionalism going on in the office.
    - Work/life balance - you will see your co-workers 70-80 hours a week sometimes and they may even convince you to live with them if you move to the area.
    - Values/morals of the company and top management are skewed.

Advice to Management

Change the culture and stop lying to your clients.

"9 reviews in one week!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC

I worked at Fortitude Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wow, I have never seen so many consecutive positive reviews in a company in the span of such a short time! It says a lot about the recruiting process when a company assigns out employees to do Glassdoor reviews. For contractors- work for these guys- they will bite and claw to get you in the door, mostly out of fear of being fired if they do not.

Cons

Work-life balance is non existent. Please get used to your coworkers because you will be convinced into becoming their roommates. This is a place where you are able to go after school and work long hours every week to make a low 30k salary. If you do well you can make a lot more than that and work a lot more than that. Just keep drinking the koolaid and convincing yourself that you want to be there.

Advice to Management

keep hiring that same guy. white, former athlete/frat guy, loves sports, hitting on chicks and drinking beers. You have the formula figured out. Thats exactly how to build a company.

8. "I didn't take advantage"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC

I worked at Fortitude Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A year ago, I was let go from Fortitude. At first, I was upset about it, I blamed them. Since then I have worked at 2 different companies, and I regret not taking advantage of my opportunity there. In my last two jobs: the first, no opportunity for growth (they constantly hired outside of the company- Fortitude never did that.), and the 2nd (my current job, which I am looking to leave) I am a number in 20,000 person company.

Some people are ready right out of college to get serious about a career @ Fortitude, I wasn't. I check up on a lot of my friends there, and I firmly believe that firm will do great things.

Cons

My only con is I wish I was given a longer leash, I know I didn't always give 100%; but if they gave me a couple more years, I believe I eventually would have gotten it. That being said, I understand their decision and wish them the best of luck.

Advice to Management

You guys were great coaches. I have taken a lot of my lessons with me.

9. "Great Transition from College- very good Benefits"

I have been working at Fortitude Systems full-time

Pros

The culture is a second to none. I moved to Chicago from college and I didn't know than 2 people in the whole city of Chicago. For most recent college grads that can be a daunting proposition- Fortitude did everything to make that transition easy. First, they have a corporate apartment that I stayed in for free for my first 8 weeks. I was able to save a lot of money that first 8 weeks since I had no expenses; I also met two recent college grads that I ended up living with for the next year. The transition was great.
          The mentorship program is the main reason why i have recommended this to two of my friends who have since started working at Fortitude. Everyone in a sales/account executive/exec position is expected to mentor young employee's & they take this VERY seriously. They care a lot about making sure everyone has every chance to be successful. It isn't your normal big company that churns and burns all these entry level college grads. They bring in around 10 to each office, and there will be around 7 of those guys standing a year later- very rare amongst companies that hire entry-level.
         The proof is in the pudding around here, you will see a ton of referrals because employee's believe in where this is going. We are having tons of success, but it is because we have great leadership/people/process.

Cons

The interview process can be daunting. Certainly not your normal process- it can be an all day process, just be yourself. This isn't for someone that is just looking for a "job". You really have to be mature enough and prepared to want a career, most of our interviewee's aren't there yet.

Advice to Management

The work life balance is great…… Thanks for holding leaders accountable.

10. "Diamond in the rough"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Fortitude Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had several offers from some bigger tech companies. I interviewed at EMC, Oracle, and a bigger systems integrator out of school. When I left the interview with Fortitude, I had a different feeling. I loved the culture, the people, and the leadership opportunities. There was a part of me that thought some of it was too good to be true, but after being here for 7 months, I have realized it really is a diamond in the rough for someone like me. I have been an over-achiever in a lot of things in life. That has really helped me to get ahead. Fortitude is filled with them.

Cons

You will be challenged. I love it, but not for everyone; probably why there are a ton of athletes that have success here.

Advice to Management

Thanks for everything