Fortna Reviews | Glassdoor

Fortna Reviews

Updated Sep 12, 2019

Found 89 reviews

4.2
Fortna CEO John White (no image)
John White
Pros
  • "If you want to work from home you can(in 10 reviews)

• "Generally some great people to work with, but too many layers of overlap(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management is top heavy and have no clear direction(in 8 reviews)

• "Narrow career focus, poor middle management, low work life balance during projects(in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sales V"

I have been working at Fortna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Open, straight discussions within teams. Highly supportive and delivery team. Encourage and empower to live by Fortna principles (ethics and keeping Client interests first). Complex and challenging projects. Lots of trainings available to support your skills and advance in career. Accountability and “no-pointing-finger”.

Cons

In busy times, pace could be challenged. Nevertheless, people ready to roll up their sleeves and do what is necessary.

Advice to Management

Keep flow of consistent messages and expectations in career advancements. Keep leading and in front of clients, technology and solution wise.

Fortna2018-11-14

November 19, 2018Vice President, Global Human Resources

Thanks very much for your input. This is clearly the message we want to resonate with our associates.

2. "An Enthusiastic Two Thumbs-Up!"

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Woodstock, GA

I have been working at Fortna full-time for less than a year

Pros

At Fortna, promoting high-standards in business ethics and principals are not just a collection of cliché terms that appear on framed posters around the office. Here, it is the real-deal, from the Executive to the Entry Level roles, our dedication to providing Best-In-Class service can be seen in action. We operate as a heavy-hitter in the industry and with a collection of some of the largest clients/suppliers in... the world, it is refreshing that we still have that "small company" culture where you are so much more than just a number. Associates are treated with respect and our voices are not only encouraged, but they are actually heard. I continue to be impressed by this organization every single day.

Cons

Legitimately cannot think of one.

Advice to Management

What you are doing is working and has played a role in my happiness within the company. So just keep on keepin' on!

Fortna2019-09-12
  3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Software Controls Engineer in West Reading, PA

I have been working at Fortna full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible Great pay Awesome co-workers Travel rewards Great support system

Cons

Travel Takes a while to go up in company

Fortna2019-06-02

June 5, 2019Vice President, Human Resources

Thanks for your supportive feedback and commitment to Fortna!

4. "Proud to be part of the Fortna Family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Reading, PA

I have been working at Fortna full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexibility Benefits Excellent HR team Cares about employees Client-focused Growing Values diversity and input from everyone Global footprint

Cons

No company is perfect but there aren't any strong negatives to mention

Advice to Management

Continue to solicit feedback from all employees

Fortna2019-05-31

June 4, 2019Vice President, Human Resources

Thanks so much for your feedback and pride in being a part of Fortna!

5. "Growing Organization but inconsistent and biased"

I have been working at Fortna full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The associates are dedicated and hard-working.

Cons

Depending upon what department you work in, managers are inexperienced, inconsistent and biased among their teams. Fortna as a whole is a global company with advanced technology with probably over 75% of their employees working remotely, however, they are biased and show favoritism with this aspect allowing some employees, even if they live close to an office to work from home while others are not allowed this... benefit and then on top of it, they expect the employees who are working in the office and have commute times on top of their normal hours, to work longer hours to accommodate those that are working in their homes with flexible working schedules.

Advice to Management

Look at current research and get on board with the culture you portray. Employees who are given flexible work schedules and/or working from home flexibility are more apt to work more and do a better job and remain at a job longer. If you don't have employees you trust to do this, you should re-look at those employees. If you don't have managers that can manage a team remotely in this type of culture, you should... re-look at those managers. Usually these managers want to micro-manage their direct reports due to inexperience, lack of confidence, and feelings of intimidation.

Fortna2019-05-28

June 3, 2019Sr. Director, Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You highlight hard work and dedication of our Associates and, as you know, that is a core principle of Fortna that we couldn’t function well without. We also count on teamwork and mutual trust, another guiding principle, regardless of which part of Fortna you support. With respect to work locations – while many of our positions have a good bit of flexibility in this regard – this is not the case for every position and depends on a variety of business-related factors. I encourage you to reach out to your Resource Manager, Department Leadership or Human Resources if you’d like to discuss your concern. Your comments are noted and we value your input.

6. "Overworked Employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Reading, PA

I worked at Fortna full-time for more than a year

Pros

None. None. None. None. None.

Cons

Overworked Employees, Poor Benefits, No Bonuses

Advice to Management

I recommend this company provide their employees better benefits and give out more bonuses due to the work load distributed. Working 24/7 doesn't pay personal expenses and most importantly, damages an one's health. The amount of employees quitting shows the disorganized and favoritism to Fortna's greedy, lazy upper management.

Fortna2019-05-17

May 31, 2019Sr. Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share some thoughts regarding your prior work experience at Fortna. As a company operating in various geographies, we truly strive to ensure that our benefits, wellness programs and compensation plans are competitive in the various markets where our Associates are located. We feel this is critical in serving all our Associates who work so diligently for Fortna and our clients as well as those considering Fortna for employment. Over the past two years, for example, we have expanded a number of our existing plan offerings in addition to rolling out new incentive programs. Be assured, this is an on-going effort and your feedback is helpful to us.

7. "Great Company"

I have been working at Fortna full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you work hard you will get noticed.

Cons

Management transparency not always the best

Fortna2019-01-17

"Proud to be a part of Fortna"

I have been working at Fortna full-time

Pros

• Encourages and values input from all areas of the organization • Strives for transparency and open, honest communication with Associates • Focuses on career growth • Strong emphasis on team-work

Cons

No strong negatives with Fortna.

Fortna2018-11-29

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fortna full-time

Pros

* Great people * Client focused * High Integrity & Honesty * Teamwork - One Team! * Flexibility to work from home or office

Cons

None. You'll get out of it, what you put in.

Advice to Management

Continue to to encourage one team and open communications!

Fortna2018-11-28
  10. "Good company"

Former Employee - ITS Delivery Project Manager

I worked at Fortna full-time for less than a year

Pros

Welcoming and team oriented culture Customer satisfaction driven focus End to end solutions development and implementation Diverse, broad skill set, and talented team

Cons

International travel Baptism by fire (no structured integration training) Each solution is different, perceptual learning curve

Advice to Management

None

Fortna2018-12-03

January 30, 2019Vice President, Global Human Resources

Thanks for the positive remarks. We wish you the best.

Found 89 reviews