KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.3
Fortune Brands Home & Security CEO Nicholas Fink
Nicholas Fink

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good culture(in 3 reviews)
  • "Great work/life balance(in 3 reviews)
  • "Good people, a small company atmosphere, with a very strong business.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Dedicated leadership, lots of changes afoot

Jun 27, 2022 - Sr Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture of people who want to work together for the right reasons, healthy focus on caring for employees.

Cons

Functional silos can impede speed and progressive ideas from seeing the light of day

Fortune Brands Home & Security Response

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is valued and appreciated. We thank you for being a part of our collaborative culture.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jun 20, 2022 - Director in Deerfield, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Strong leadership team that truly cares about employees * Significant opportunity to grow - I have been given freedom to take on new challenging projects, and there are always interesting new roles within FBHS and our businesses * Great work/life balance

Cons

None come to mind at the moment

Fortune Brands Home & Security Response

Thank you for you feedback and contributions! We are so happy to hear you have found growth here at FBHS.

3. 4.0

Excellent Company

Mar 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent benefits, wonderful people, interesting projects

Cons

Everyone is overworked all the time

Fortune Brands Home & Security Response

Thank you for your feedback and being apart of the Fortune Brands team. All feedback is essential as we continue to grow and improve.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Overall highly recommended

Feb 25, 2022 - Research Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to grow Good culture Workout facility and cafe Collaborative environment

Cons

Flexibility in job depends on management preferences which can cause some friction

Fortune Brands Home & Security Response

Thank you for your positive feedback and being apart of the culture that makes Fortune Brands a great place to work!

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Solid Corporation

Aug 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Shareholder wealth, diversified, compensation, vacation, benefits, focused on individual development, continuous improvement, and safe and healthy work environment.

Cons

At times, the corporation has difficulty balancing needs of the shareholders and customers versus the needs of the employees.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Mediocre

Jun 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cool products and good colleagues

Cons

Leadership is old school. Very top down vs. letting you do your job.

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are very proud of our collaborative team culture and our innovative products! We are constantly looking for ways we can keep improving. Our values - the 3 A's - aligned, agile and accountable guide us each day in driving ownership in delivering results at all levels. Thank you again for this feedback!

7. 5.0

Great company

Apr 23, 2021 - Executive Assistant in Deerfield, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved it here - great job!

Cons

None - everything was awesome! Great Place!

Fortune Brands Home & Security Response

Thank you for your positive feedback! And thank you for your contributions to our company and culture!

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Why I loved working at Fortune Brands

Apr 6, 2021 - Director of Global Design/Director of Industrial Design in Olmsted, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are innovative and global and seek to find unique solutions for all global customers

Cons

Lots of transitions in leadership

Continue reading

HR Manager

Thanks for writing a review and your positive feedback! Our values - Aligned, Agile and Accountable - guide us each day to capture the opportunities ahead. Innovation is critical to keep an agile approach to the market and serve our global customers. Thank you again for your feedback!

9. 4.0

Great Company

Jan 18, 2021 - Corporate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good, solid company with a great future

Cons

Large Corporation that operates like a small company; therefore, career opportunities are very limited

HR Manager

Thank you for your comments and positive feedback! We are constantly looking for ways we can keep improving to help our associates in their career development. To find current opportunities across our divisions, please visit our careers page: https://www.fbhs.com/careers.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

fantastic

Dec 7, 2020 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

great culture great products and people

Cons

There are no cons all good

HR Manager

Thanks for your comments and contributions to our work and culture!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 Reviews

Fortune Brands Home & Security Reviews FAQs

Fortune Brands Home & Security has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 38 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Fortune Brands Home & Security to a friend and 88% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Fortune Brands Home & Security employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Fortune Brands Home & Security. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

85% of Fortune Brands Home & Security employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Fortune Brands Home & Security 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Fortune Brands Home & Security to be senior leadership, benefits, culture and the cons to be management, career development.

Popular Careers with Fortune Brands Home & Security Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Fortune Brands Home & Security? Share Your Experiences

Fortune Brands Home & Security logo

Fortune Brands Home & Security Careers

Cover image for Fortune Brands Home & Security

Join Our Team. We inspire people to Fulfill the Dreams of Home. When you join Fortune Brands, you experience a high-performing team that...More

• Our Success
  • Our Divisions
  • Why Work With Us

Company Updates

19 days ago

Community
Moen, a subsidiary of Fortune Brands Home & Security, celebrated World Ocean Day which is June 8th ! Oceans cover over 70% of our planet’s surface and are home to incredibly diverse creatures and otherworldly beauty only found in nature. Yet 88% of our oceans are masked by harmful plastics. That’s why Moen has committed to reclaiming and repurposing 2,000 tons of ocean plastic by 2030. Moen is giving ocean plastic new life by incorporating maritime plastic fibers into components of their products, like the Nebia by Moen™ Quattro hand showers, wall mount tub fillers and M-Core Valves. In honor of World Oceans Day, Moen is proud to share that they're on track to exceed their goal thanks to product and packaging innovations. Learn more about Moen's conservation goals at moen.com/missionmoen
Shared image

46 days ago

Company News
The World’s Most Admired Companies list is based on a survey of more than 3,700 senior executives, outside directors and industry analysts who were asked to evaluate companies in several categories including social responsibility, investment value, quality of management and the ability to attract and retain talent. It is considered the definitive scorecard on corporate reputation.  How does this apply to Fortune Brands? We are proud to be recognized for our excellence in the use of corporate assets, financial soundness, people management, long-term investment value, innovation, and social responsibility; all of which contribute to our roadmap to success. However, as a responsible manufacturer, employer and neighbor, our strong commitment only starts with each of these attributes.
Shared image