Foster Printing Service Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Bad decisions"

Former Employee - Unknown in Michigan City, IN
    Former Employee - Unknown in Michigan City, IN

I worked at Foster Printing Service full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great employees (and owners), good pay, good benefits, and the workflow/structure is not bad.

Cons

The owners have given control of their company to the former human resource lady and have deemed her C.O.O. so that they can go on their vacations (which they have worked for and deserve) but they put their golden goose into the hands of the wrong person, which will be their downfall.
    The C.O.O. only knows how to control the employees by fear. She has brought on an advisor to basically teach her how to do her job at the cost of the company, and she is grasping at any possible solution trying to maintain, because she doesn't know what to do.

Advice to Management

The owners need to take control of the company again.

You need to gain more sales, maybe use the money that you plan to use on the advisor (who has not contributed anything) and use it as an incentive to gain salespersons interest.

Get rid of the C.O.O. and hire someone who has a proven track record of print management, financials, and development.

The owners should train their family to take over (because they are old) and once the owners retire Foster will be most likely be liquidated and a lot of good people will be out of a job.

2. "DO NOT WORK HERE!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Michigan City, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Michigan City, IN

I worked at Foster Printing Service full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can wear what you want.

Cons

If you are looking for a place that you can stay long term. A place that you get treated fairly and has great management. Then whatever you do don't take a job from this company. They tell you everything is great and they pay you decent and then they fire you before your 90 days so they don't have to compensate you. There is horrible management. Some of the management has no back bone and will never stand up to anything. There are some very rude and disrespectful employees and terrible to work with. That is not acceptable in an employee environment. They allow harassment and when you report it they fire you. I am not just speaking for myself I am speaking for a few employees. The owner will work you into the ground and they don't appreciate what you do or how hard you work. I am a reputable employee with a very good work ethic and when they let me go their excuse was they were eliminating my position because they couldn't afford me. However, they soon hired someone else for my position after I left. They have no guts to tell you the truth and just lie to your face. I even asked about other reviews like the one I am typing and they made up an excuse and said they could name all the employees that those came from and said the reviews were all lies. I really wish I would have listened to the reviews that I read because I left a very good job to work for what I thought was going to be a great company and it turned out to be a nightmare. Take my advice do not work here!

Advice to Management

You need to learn to be fair and equal to all employees. Gain a back bone and stand up for yourself and your employees. Don't let people harass others. DON'T LIE!

3. "Wrong person in charge"

I worked at Foster Printing Service full-time

Pros

Great employees. Cheap insurance. Casual atmosphere.

Cons

The C.O.O. is most definitely not the best person for running the company. Unfortunately the owners, who are wonderful people, have put their trust into someone that doesn't have the skills, knowledge, experience or personality to do the job as they deserve it to be done. There is very little, if any, feedback from her. Not good or bad. As other reviews have mentioned, it's her way or the highway and no help to be had from her. Nearly zero training in place. Unwilling to show appreciation or interest in the activities of the staff she manages.

Advice to Management

Nick and Toni, I'd advise you to find a better fit for your company. Perhaps another family member.

4. "Not a good place to work, you do not want to work here..."

I worked at Foster Printing Service full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a job. Nothing else

Cons

Management doesn't care, It's all about the money. They have replaced all the loyal older employees that with younger at a lower pay. If your not one of the special people, it doesn't matter how well you do your job. They "Foster" greed, back stabbing, negativity and treat your fellow employee like H**l because you can. Deplorable management. If you are good at what they "Foster" you will go far...

Advice to Management

You need to learn how to treat people with respect (you won't). Shame on you.

"company atmosphere"

Pros

If you know the people at the top you'll be fine, if your just another worker watch your back.

Cons

Management has been completely taken over by another company and has managed to drive out (lay off) all of the loyal local workers. It is sad when you get laid off because of what is said to be slow work but then after you and many others leave they hire several new employees.

Advice to Management

Care about the people who work hard to get you where you are today.

"if you know the management you'll be ok"

Pros

nice size printing company outside of working in Chicago or south bend IN

Cons

no encouragement for good work
    you do as the company says or else you find another place to work ( this was said by many managers)
    very partial to cliques if your not in your not treated well

Advice to Management

If you want to be a respected company start caring about your employees. If you are not a friend of management you do not get the respect you deserve not matter how well you know your job. People who are in charge are only concerned with themselves not the employees, especially when you say do as we ask and be happy you have a job.