Foulger Pratt Reviews | Glassdoor

Bryant Foulger

1. "anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Potomac, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Potomac, MD

I have been working at Foulger Pratt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team members- positive, energetic and committed to quality work and results... Well defined core values, exhibited at all levels on a daily basis New corporate office space is well designed and great atmosphere to work in. Many nice amenities nearby.

Cons

Continue to provide more training opportunities

2. "Not what it once was......"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Potomac, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Potomac, MD

I worked at Foulger Pratt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The new office space is modern, clean and spacious. Very conducive to collaborating with your team. Most managers do not micromanage.

Cons

The new office space can only be collaborative if you have a team who wants to collaborate. Executives don't talk to you unless they need something. Office moral is low with layoffs and managers that don't know how to manage people. Growth potential is non existent unless you are apart of the family or upper Management which means they just want to keep giving you more work (on top of already heavy workloads). Administrative support is sparse and often received feedback of feeling unvalued, not appropriately recognized for contributions and petty office politics.

Advice to Management

Third generation ownership - the bottom line may be favorable but the company morale is at an all time low. Don't forget the most valuable asset; the people, which is what the company was originally based on. Managers need extensive training to help build their employees. People are hired for a position and expected to stay in it for their entire tenure. Employees at every level want to grow, feel valued and know that they matter to the Owners (not just the Development Associates).

"Ownes Wonderful - Managers and Employees Stink"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Foulger Pratt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The owners genuinely seem to care about their employees. Pay and benefits are OK. Location is fine.

Cons

Office politics!!! Even the managers were in on it. They lack management maturity. The employees told the managers what to do. The managers lack disciplinary skills and they prefer to join in on the gossip rather than stopping it.

5. "Operations"

Former Employee - Operations in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Operations in Rockville, MD

Pros

Family oriented company that believes in work/family life balance. Decent health care coverage and benefits like 401k. Growth over the past decade but not an impersonal corporation yet. Very flat Sr. Management structure.

Cons

Recent failure in the international market for U.S. State Dept led to financial losses and not meeting goals. Key Sr. management departed for other companies leaving less qualified VP behind.

Advice to Management

Stick to regional focus and real estate development which is bread and butter of success.

6. "Excellent - Structured"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Rockville, MD

I worked at Foulger Pratt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Organized and structured environment. Purposed company - focused on excellence. Good company values.

Cons

a bit of glass ceiling.

7. "great company"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Foulger Pratt part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Foulger-Pratt is a great company to work for. They offer their employees some great benefits and bonuses.

Cons

In the leasing offices, the employee turnover rate is through the roof. I enjoyed working in the leasing office, but I worked under multiple property managers, assistant property managers, and leasing consultants. It created a problem for me not only were we understaffed, but each manager had a different set of expectations and ways of operating. The last manager I worked under was very catty and gossiped with a lot of the staff, which created a hostile working environment.

Advice to Management

I think the corporate office is great; however, the high turnover rate in the leasing office leads to a lot of problems.

8. "Very Laid back and treats us well"

Current Employee - Maintenance Mechanic in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Maintenance Mechanic in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Foulger Pratt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company paid uniforms, good insurance. The company does a lot for the employees and as long as you work there is not much trouble.

Cons

The Property management section is small so upward movement in the company is difficult with few opportunities.

9. "Great Work Environment"

Pros

I found my coworkers were very nice and easy to connect with on a personal level
    The office itself is beautiful, free snacks in the lobby

Cons

Was not a fan of the "art" on the ground floor

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Foulger Pratt is one of the premier real estate development companies in the Maryland area.

10. "Development Team"

I worked at Foulger Pratt (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent projects, very capable and qualified leadership in place. Values are well defined and well practiced. Office environment/build-out is attractive and very generous. Incredible company to work for!!

Cons

They have very high expectations for performance.

11. "Leasing consultant"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at Foulger Pratt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked at a large property that was beautiful and maintained that taught me a lot. Worked like a oiled machine with proper employees.

Cons

To much unhealthy competition between employees leading to a harsh and negative environment instead of team work.

Advice to Management

Upper management show more interest in the leasing consultants when visiting a property site. Great core values and company overall.