Foundation Medicine Reviews
72% would recommend to a friend
(362 total reviews)
74% approve of CEO
Found 362 of over 421 reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Foundation Medicine
Got a burning question about Foundation Medicine? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Foundation Medicine employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "They provide great benefits to their employees' and have a great set of values for their culture." (in 50 reviews)
- "Great people to work with" (in 40 reviews)
- "Good pay and great mission" (in 24 reviews)
- "great culture and energy but this is changing rapidly in Commercial" (in 17 reviews)
- "This place has a great mission and culture to keep the patient the focus." (in 15 reviews)
- "Management clearly 'played favorites' and seemed to play power games between managers at the expense of the work." (in 14 reviews)
- "1) Unethical leadership." (in 11 reviews)
- "Lab managers have poor management skills leading to employee burnout and frustration" (in 9 reviews)
- "Favoritism can be either a negative/positive factor" (in 6 reviews)
- "Better communication system and flow to be put in place." (in 6 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Foundation Medicine and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Dec 1, 2023Software Engineer 2Current Employee, more than 5 yearsBoston, MA
Decent pay, good people, great goal Gives a 6 week sabbatical after 6 years at the company
Projects can be slow to release due to (reasonable) regulations
- 1.0Sep 4, 2023ManagerFormer Employee
Office aesthetics and amenities, vacation policy, total compensation (depending on your role), development and learning programs and opportunities, shuttle service to FMI offices, remote/onsite work flexibility.
The organization simply can not mature due to a mostly inexperienced (+rude) executive leadership team that lacks accountability and promote themselves even when surrounded by failure. Additionally, the morals and ethics of some leaders are questionable at best. Rules and policies put in place for all to follow are frequently ignored by leadership, who also make exceptions to those they favor. I would not recommend anyone join this company at this time until they show the following : -Stable and effective executive leadership team. Hiring executives that care about the people and mission of the company rather than their individual gain. -Establish proper career paths for roles. -Create and implement a fair and transparent promotion process. -Communicate honestly to employees about changes instead of creating false narratives that cause confusion.19
- 2.0Sep 6, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Great benefits, 401k, PTO etc
What was once a thriving, people first, patient first company, is now just a shadow of its former self. This is due to many changes at the ELT level that effect everyone and the lack of regard for the people that keep this company afloat. There aren’t many people left who look to FMI as the leader in any aspect of genomic testing anymore. Resistance to developing new products and launching in a timely fashion has absolutely put the this company at a disadvantage that will take years to dig out of. No amount of new reps hired, salesforce calls, or extra fluff will fix the lack of ingenuity at this company.12
- 2.0Nov 15, 2023Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Great teams and products! Benefits and Retirement are same as industry average
Sales leadership’s infatuation with salesforce and thinks that’s how to build co. Worst car plan in industry. The contract co we use has a better plan. Goals too high and morale is at all time low2
- 4.0Nov 13, 2023Program ManagerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsBoston, MA
Interesting product Innovative work Good benefits Good compensation
Can't get their act together and actually make money Too many changes at the top that causes instability
- 5.0Jul 24, 2023ResearcherCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsCambridge, MA
Working at Foundation Medicine is full of moments to learn and explore opportunities and experiences across departments. The work is meaningful and engaging. I appreciate my colleagues and all the ongoing hard work to chart our path forward from both the R&D and Commercial perspectives. There is genuine interest in building momentum towards our future. This place is full of opportunity if you give it a chance.
Finding our operating model steady state and departmental accountabilities is an ongoing effort with many hurdles and challenges. It's common to have some senior leaders overstep their areas of responsibility while others are overtly failing to execute within their team's accountability areas. Individual behavioral and/or performance changes seem unlikely in both cases. That messiness and perceived lack of accountability at the SLT level can feel chaotic.
Foundation Medicine Reviews FAQs
Foundation Medicine has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 421 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Foundation Medicine to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
72% of Foundation Medicine employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Foundation Medicine 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.