Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kenneth McFarland

1. "Anesthesia Tech."

Former Employee - Surgical Technician/Anesthesia Tech/ECT in Fountain Valley, CA

I worked at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I was there for 10 yrs. I received so much knowledge from the staff there. Everyone is so helpful, caring. Loved all the staff, and the Dr's are great too.

Cons

I couldn't say anything bad about a place that I care so much about.

Advice to Management

You guys do a great job

2. "tech"

Former Employee - Technician in Fountain Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Technician in Fountain Valley, CA

I worked at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great co-workers so you do enjoy them.

Cons

PROFIT HOSPITAL equals no money going back into hospital to update the place. Favoritism can be overwhelming and no support for this.

Advice to Management

sometimes it's not about the $ but about the patients and their care so you need to spend $ to update this hospital. Supporting staff when they tell you about the favoritism and investigating that.

Jun 21, 2017 – Chief Human Resources Officer

Thank you for your valuable feedback! Over the past several months the hospital leadership team, along with our team of awesome caregivers, have worked to enhance the beauty of our wonderful hospital ... More

3. "Telemetry nursing review"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fountain Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fountain Valley, CA

I have been working at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This facility pays better than the hospitals around it, solely because of the union.

Cons

Corporate continues to create more policies, including more paperwork, while cutting CNAs.

Advice to Management

There is no management. As soon as this floor gets a director, they leave.

Mar 30, 2017 – Chief Human Resources Officer

I apologize for our tardy response. Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. I am sorry to read that your experience working at our hospital has been less than ideal. I would ... More

"RN"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, Orange, CA

I have been working at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pays and benefits are reasonable. 12 hrs straight pay.
    People are friendly

Cons

High turn over.
    Often luck of supplies.

Advice to Management

Need to Show appliciation to staff.

Mar 30, 2017 – Chief Human Resources Officer

I apologize for our tardy response. We are thankful that you took the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. The Hospital Leadership team strives to create a working environment where our ... More

"I couldn't distance myself from FV Hospital fast enough"

Former Employee - CNA in Fountain Valley, CA
    Former Employee - CNA in Fountain Valley, CA

Pros

High emphasis on HIGH QUALITY of care ....when in fact the emphasis is HOW THE HOSPITAL CAN MAKE MORE MONEY and overwork nursing staff to the breaking point....not quite a PRO

Cons

Nothing in their policy and procedures is clear....everything is GRAY, double standards depending on who you are as a person; employee actions are interpreted at their discretion and deemed WRONG if their actions are towards the best interest of the patient and not necessarily the hospital!!!!
    Patients are treated poorly! NO QUALITY in patient care whatsoever.

Advice to Management

Listen to you hard working employees! Provide them with a positive culture and a work environment free of blaming, finger-pointing and in some cases retaliation.

6. "RN"

Former Employee - Staff RN in Fountain Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Staff RN in Fountain Valley, CA

I worked at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center (More than 10 years)

Pros

Like the people or my staff that I work with

Cons

Not consistent in covering for breaks

Advice to Management

listen to the voices of staff

7. "No Trust in employees"

Former Employee - Patient Access Representative in Fountain Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Patient Access Representative in Fountain Valley, CA

I worked at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only reason to work here would be the friends you may have had while working here.

Cons

I can't speak for other depts but Patient Access employees are treated like dirt by management. Unless you're buddies with management team your work schedule may change on a weekly basis. They have no trust in their employees and will implement ridiculous protocols that would require a lot of time to complete, but yet expect you to be done in a very short time. Management will roam around like sharks micromanaging and pick on employees. I truly feel that the reason they don't hire quality workers is because they are afraid for their own jobs.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people who don't know how to use basic computer functions or don't speak fluent English or so old that they are unable to learn anything.

8. "Decline"

Former Employee - Ex HIM in Fountain Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Ex HIM in Fountain Valley, CA

I worked at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I loved Fountain Valley when I first got there. Then as a turnover of CEOs became more frequent, management went from very supportative to almost bullying in behavior. I heard the phrase, "If you don't like it, there's the door.".

Cons

Actual bullying by new management. I became so sick I got a lawyer. Frequent meetings, emails, etc. They got away with it. Ganging up on the weak employees and having them dismissed.

Advice to Management

Were you a bully in grade school too? HR needs to look a little closer into this instead of sweeping it under the carpet.

9. "FVRMC"

Former Employee - Intern in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Irvine, CA

I worked at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center (Less than a year)

Pros

Continuously striving healthcare group with professionals that go beyond the value of their paycheck

Cons

Facility is far apart from each other

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

10. "FVRH sucks"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lompoc, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lompoc, CA

I worked at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center (More than 5 years)

Pros

none to speak of unfortunately

Cons

poor management and senior management.

Advice to Management

retire