Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center "nursing staff" Reviews | Glassdoor

Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center Employee Reviews about "nursing staff"

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.9
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center CEO Kenneth McFarland (no image)
Kenneth McFarland
Pros
  • "The nursing staff are committed to the well being of the patients, and management supports the nursing staff 100%(in 3 reviews)

• "Flexible scheduling, over time opportunities and great coworkers(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "It is impossible to provide good patient care but we are constantly chastised for not doing so(in 6 reviews)

• "Almost always short staffed and difficult patient population(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "nursing staff"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Work in Progress"

I have been working at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good co-workers and director to work with. They make it enjoyable to come to work every day. I love that I do not wake up and go "uhh I have to go to work" The hospital is working on making changes to keep nurses at the hospital. The hospital has a big turn around so they are focusing a lot of effort on how to keep nurses which is making positive changes for the nursing staff at the hospital.

Cons

The hospital is older and is in need of upgrades and corporate really watches there dollar making it tough to upgrade some really out of date devices.

Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center2017-12-12

Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center Response

December 12, 2017Recruitment & HR Operations

Thank you for your feedback. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center's success.

Continue reading

"Community Based Nursing Staff"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

My department is the PICU. It's a specialty so my review might not reflect the hospital in general. Unlike some of the other local children's hospitals, Fountain Valley PICU has been able to keep to serving the surrounding community in a very intimate way. The nursing staff are committed to the well being of the patients, and management supports the nursing staff 100%.

Cons

Nursing turn around due to lower acuity PICU patients. Good nurses are go to bigger hospitals, been there, done that.

Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center2016-07-15

"I couldn't distance myself from FV Hospital fast enough"

CNA in Fountain Valley, CA

I worked at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center

Pros

High emphasis on HIGH QUALITY of care ....when in fact the emphasis is HOW THE HOSPITAL CAN MAKE MORE MONEY and overwork nursing staff to the breaking point....not quite a PRO

Cons

Nothing in their policy and procedures is clear....everything is GRAY, double standards depending on who you are as a person; employee actions are interpreted at their discretion and deemed WRONG if their actions are towards the best interest of the patient and not necessarily the hospital!!!! Patients are treated poorly! NO QUALITY in patient care whatsoever.

Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center2016-07-20

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 Reviews