Four Seasons Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Found 11 reviews

1.5
Four Seasons CEO Allen Smith
Allen Smith

"Great company - watch out for current upper management at Four Seasons Atlanta."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Four Seasons

Pros

Four Seasons is an incredible company that treats their employees very well.

Cons

The hotel had some changes in upper management over the past six months, and it drastically changed the work environment. The hotel no longer has the Four Seasons feel, and it does not feel like the new upper management cares about the employees.

Advice to Management

I love Four Seasons as a company; however, I would never again work for the current upper management that started in the last six months at Four Seasons Atlanta. I would recommend that the corporate office evaluate the new upper management team, and find people who fit and abide by the Four Seasons culture. Treat your employees by the golden rule.

Four Seasons2016-04-14

"Terrible company moral and management"

Former Employee - Finance Manager In Training in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Four Seasons full-time for more than a year

Pros

Comp nights (Glassdoor says I must use atleast 5 words for Pros but Comp Nights is all I have)

Cons

Management's holier-than-thou attitude, & politics- full time supervisory positions are not allowed to befriend the "line staff" which creates a hostile culture of superiority

Advice to Management

Take your advice and actually apply the Golden Rule that you preach in orientation- treat others (your staff) how you would like to be treated

Four Seasons2018-05-08

"Nightmare"

Former Employee - Food and Beverage in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Four Seasons full-time for more than a year

Pros

I met SOME really nice people I still think the company is great but not THIS location.

Cons

Im not going to bash this company. I just thought I was work for FOUR SEASONS. The Atlanta location is not what Four Seasons stands for. Horrible people to work for.

Four Seasons2017-01-28

"Senior Food and Beverage Supervisor"

Current Employee - Senior Food and Beverage Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Four Seasons full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I love it at Belle Mont Farm for it has been a big help and boost to my career path. I was very much amazed from the history and culture in which the project of Kittitian Hill was trying to bring to the people of Saint Kitts.

Cons

I feel as though experience and personality goes a long way and by saying that I mean over 80% of staff had never done the jobs in which they were hired for and of course their levels of professionalism was and some are still terrible and I feel especially annoyed by it. I am very passionate about giving 150% of the best service possible, so when I see persons being away from the guests eyesight for to long or leaving...

Advice to Management

Be firmer on all policies and procedure if they wish to be one of the best and recognized destinations of the world.

Four Seasons2016-02-03
  5. "excellent place to work"

Former Employee - Security Officer/Resident Concierge in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Four Seasons

Pros

Meet different people from all walks of life..the people I worked with and for we became one family. The training that I received all the different different departments. things I learned from being a security officer / concierge able me to be able to assist with so many different people from so many different walks in life

Cons

learning that the customer is always right, some of the things that are said to me and done as and officer. The weather being outside sometimes, the scheduling when someone called off.

Advice to Management

I'm a people person , I'd like to be conceded for this position , I have longevity with my jobs whether full time or p/t. I consider my self to be a responsible person/ team player

Four Seasons2015-08-12

"Valet"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Four Seasons part-time for more than a year

Pros

The job truly is a team effort and everyone gives their 100-percent. The two managers and supervisors are great at scheduling.

Cons

The uniforms are ridiculous. Black pants in 100-degree weather is more like torture than an acceptable running uniform. Other than that, nothing.

Advice to Management

My only advice to management is to make the uniforms more seasonly acceptable. It is way to hot to be running around in black pants during the summer.

Four Seasons2015-06-24

"Management Trainee"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Four Seasons full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Allows you to work in different locations around the world. Good name to have on your resume.

Cons

Atlanta property is disorganized had no idea what a management trainee is supposed to do. I relocated to join what I thought was a world class program. It paid $10 an hour. I am not joking.

Advice to Management

Have a clear understanding of what the management training program consists of and implement accordingly.

Four Seasons2015-05-13

"Good Hotel Discounts, Bad Work Environment"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Four Seasons

Pros

The best things about working here includes the discounted and complimentary room rates worldwide, as well as free lunch every day.

Cons

They sell you these grandiose ideas and possibilities of growth within the company which you'll soon discover are completely false. Lots of office politics. Advancement only happens if you're a brown-noser and you're good friends with the managers, who all talk and gossip as if they're in high school by the way. Bad work environment overall.

Four Seasons2015-01-26

"I was second shift supervisor, I trained and oversaw three to four people at a time"

Former Employee - Security Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Four Seasons full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Working for a top brand, high customer service and able to enjoy free nights at the company around the world.

Cons

One challenge that I encounter was the training was uniform in security. So everyone did not have the same skill set.

Advice to Management

To ensure all employees can carry out their work duties and not play favorites.

Four Seasons2014-10-07
  10. "What began as excitement for the opportunity ended up as heartbreaking disappointment."

Former Employee - Cook II in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Four Seasons full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

One of the best benefits packages around. Excellent healthcare coverage, generous hotel discounts and comps for all their properties worldwide, and many morale boosting events like company picnics, employee appreciation dinners and so forth. The culture is strong and your coworkers feel like family.

Cons

Very high employee turnover which led to poor teamwork and low morale. Managerial support was lacking and there is a huge divide between salaried and hourly employees. Employee reviews left you blindsided and confused without offering any constructive pathways to improvement. Experience and satisfaction varies widely from property to property.

Advice to Management

You need to take a good hard look at why you have such a high employee turnover rate, especially in a down economy where jobs can be scarce. Management is not about who has the highest title or the most perks, it's about leadership by example, service to your team and accepting responsibility when things fall short. To be excellent you have to treat people excellent and that starts with your employees. Serve them well...

Four Seasons2013-01-11