Four Seasons Health Care Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Four Seasons Health Care Chief Executive Tim Hammond
Tim Hammond

Pros
  • and the lovely residents that r so lovely miss them so much (in 5 reviews)

• love working with the elderly and making their lives more comfortable, good range of service user needs being met (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Staff love to talk about other members of staff behind their backs all the time and about the residents too (in 7 reviews)

• Minimum wage especially during night shifts isnt the best (in 8 reviews)

"Just left to it"

Former Employee - Care Assistant in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Former Employee - Care Assistant in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I worked at Four Seasons Health Care part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible choice of hours if you have children under school age or are pregnant

Cons

To many agency workers that don't know the residence or routine
    Not enough staff on the floor to meet demands of residence almost all with high dependency needs (use min amount of staff as legally possible)
    Rota can have staff working 5- 6 12 hour shifts in a row
    managers seem to only care about making money rather than actual care of residence

2. "Undervalued"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I have been working at Four Seasons Health Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a job only joy is the clients

Cons

Just a payroll number not a person

Advice to Management

Listen to all staff not just a chosen few who run up managers bum they are actually the ones doing no work and neglecting the clients and we need better pay and decent staff rooms . Looks awful when staff sit in office with manager eating meals and having breaks visitors can't get in to raise any concerns or have a chat about their loved ones

3. "."

I worked at Four Seasons Health Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom to work using your own initiative
    Friendly Staff

Cons

Very little advancement opportunities, not only within my role but managers would choose to recruit externally rather than promote from within.
    Pay is dreadful among all unskilled positions

Advice to Management

Invest in your Employees and you will reap the rewards

4. "Different policies for different homes"

I have been working at Four Seasons Health Care full-time

Pros

As a first job it was a good introduction to how things work.
    Nice residents

Cons

-Some Four Seasons homes have different wages depending on their location ( some have a pay rate of 13 p/h and some have 15 p/h)
    -12 hour shifts with 1 hour (unpaid)brake which you don't really have time to take because you'll be short staffed a lot of the time.
    -same rate of pay for days/nights/weekends (again,depending on the location of the home)
    -a lot of shift to work (up to 66/week) sometime without asking me first
    -spending more time at work than at home

"love my job but would like me time to spend with my residents"

Current Employee - Care Assistant in Kirkcaldy, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Care Assistant in Kirkcaldy, Scotland (UK)

Pros

I love working with elderly people with dementia. the company have good policies and training for dementia. they emphasise that everyone sees the person and not the illness using person centered care.

Cons

they use minimum staffing levels so we don't have much time to spend doing activities and one on ones with our residents. the carers spend more time with the residents so we tend to notice if one of them are not quite themselves unfortunately when we tell the nurses it is often ignored or brushed aside(this mainly happens with the non british nurses). if we whistle blow to the manager about a member of staff who is their friend or family member it is not kept confidential they tell the person and then get both members of staff in the office to discuss the problem. they will side with their friend or family member and it is never taken ant further.

Advice to Management

my manager can be unapproachable at times. we often get our shifts changed or put on the rota for extra shifts with out being asked or told. a lot of the staff are friends and family of the manager. the manager tends to side with them if another member of staff complains about them, they tend to get the time off they need all the time.

"registered nurse"

Former Employee - RGN in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Former Employee - RGN in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Pros

was close to home only took 20 minutes journey time and relatively small home. was also convienient times for shift worked nights so traffic relatively quiet

Cons

there was no hand over time and staff were expected to get to home 15 minutes before start of shift. also it was taken for granted that we would work extra shifts withouy being asked almost as if we had no private life.

Advice to Management

take notice of staff and respect that staff do have lives outside of the home. residents should not be washed or dressed by night staff just because not enough staff to get the up in the morning staff according to dependency level not number of residents

"Stressed out care assistant"

Current Employee - Care Assistant
    Current Employee - Care Assistant

I have been working at Four Seasons Health Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The staff have a family appeal, lovely residents, great person centered care.

Cons

Hours are too long, not enough reliability in most of the new staff that are not dedicated, really low pay rates, not appreciated at all. im pregnant and expected to run a nursing floor with new carers who need a lot of support which puts me at risk. Managers do not listen to complaints, nothing gets done.

Advice to Management

Get to know every floor and the staff, walk around and support your carers and once in a while praise them with a little recognition.

"Four seasons healthcare"

Current Employee - Support Worker in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Support Worker in Nottingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Four Seasons Health Care full-time

Pros

excellent team work and person centred care.

Cons

Poor terms and conditions ,low rates of pay,, don't feel valued as a staff member. Hours are often long and breaks don't exists

Advice to Management

Value the staff who work for you, pay the living wage would be a good start

"disheartened employee"

Current Employee - Health Care Assistant in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Current Employee - Health Care Assistant in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I have been working at Four Seasons Health Care part-time

Pros

Suitability of hours to work, generally all care staff\colleagues are helpful. The residents are great to know and the stories they tell you.

Cons

No team work from some care assistants, manager doesn't deal fairly with complaints about other members of staff, feel unappreciated at times.

Advice to Management

Have complaints dealt with someone from outside the home I.e another home manager or area manager, would be dealt with fairly then.
    Be on the floor more often to see what staff are doing or not doing.

"Activities Coordinator - Beech House"

I worked at Four Seasons Health Care full-time

Pros

Good working hours for local people and being a single parent, suited me fine.

Cons

Management was rubbish, work place bullying from the home administration. Lack of cooperation from caring staff and some kitchen staff.