Four Seasons Reviews | Glassdoor

Four Seasons Reviews

Updated November 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great Benefits, free hotel rooms at other properties (in 69 reviews)

• Ability to use complementary nights at different resorts around the world (in 23 reviews)

Cons

1. "Overall great company"

I worked at Four Seasons full-time

Pros

great bosses, great benefits, great values

Cons

can definitely overwork you

2. "The team is amazing and the management is awesome, havnt had a problem so far."

Current Employee - Food Runner in Kapolei, HI
    Current Employee - Food Runner in Kapolei, HI

I have been working at Four Seasons full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the most important things for me personally is the ability to transfer between locations worldwide after a year of service.

Cons

Pay could be a little higher based on Hawaii's cost of living and the pay of other positions in the same department.

Advice to Management

Please continue to take care of us and we will continue to work hard for you.

3. "Great company to work for...most of the time"

Current Employee - Concierge in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Concierge in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Four Seasons full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits, environment, and opportunities for advancement are amazing. Things like laundered uniforms, and provided lunch you do not see in many companies, and are highly underrated in my opinion.

Cons

Four Seasons boasts about the Golden Rule in their customer and employee relations; at least when the hotel is doing well. It does not feel like such when they decide to cut hours and pay of employees coming into the busy season to attempt to get the hotel under budget.

Advice to Management

If you tried to cut expenses elsewhere, instead of labor, you wouldn’t have an increased amount of employees resigning. It costs the company more money to train and hire a new employee than it would have to just pay your current employees their dues. It feels like any other corporation who values its profit more than its people.

Oct 27, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition and Engagement

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us. I am glad to hear that you are pleased with the benefits and work environment at Four Seasons. I am sorry however, to hear about your... More

4. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe, NM

I worked at Four Seasons full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, beautiful places, great environment to be in. Great perks and benefits, it’s almost as if you are a celebrity when you work for them.

Cons

The staffing levels, seasonality ups and downs, guests are difficult and so challenging daily. Work and life balance...forget about it!

5. "Knowledgable and rewarding experience"

Former Employee - Ambassador in Läna‘i City, HI
    Former Employee - Ambassador in Läna‘i City, HI

I worked at Four Seasons full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Four Seasons Lana'i was a beautiful place to work with excellent guidance and individuals creating a warm environment.

Cons

Balance between personal and work life was difficult to obtain.

6. "IT Manager"

I worked at Four Seasons full-time

Pros

Free lunch, good benefits, exotic locations.

Cons

Exotic locations where you are working are super expensive to live in so be prepared to spend the majority of your salary for living expenses. Long hours and lots of line-staff turnover. Learning and Development is usually 1 person for 1,000 employees or worse yet you'll get a 3rd party motivational speaker or occupational trainer which really doesn't work... managers are usually too busy for individual training of line-staff - and sometimes come from other departments so the line-staff ends up training them when they take a new role.

Advice to Management

To avoid employee burnout, contempt, or resentment, (management positions) please streamline the TaskForce system or over-hire during busy times. HR should do a better job of changing the corporate culture: people bragging about how much extra time they work overtime and teasing/guilting those who go home on time or use vacation. There should be a big push for working smarter, more efficient, and not always harder or longer. Computer training would go a LONG way in reducing redundant and inefficient manual processes for things that you've invested in an actual program: schedules, spreadsheets, expense reports, employee reviews, etc... most managers are highly inefficient in ADP, Workday, Excel so the electronic paperwork systems turn into huge time-sinks.

Oct 23, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition and Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to provide your invaluable perspective on working with us. We have taken all your suggestions seriously and we will continue to discuss the ways in which we can improve... More

7. "Not What It Used to Be."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Four Seasons full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free meal each day. Beautiful buildings. Looks good on a resume.

Cons

The Golden Rule is talked about - but that’s it. The company culture has changed - starting with Toronto Home Office - and bleeding through to the hotels. I work in NY. Stay away at all costs. This hotel cuts our hours, blames all of its problems on the owner, and tries to act blameless while we, the employees suffer. It’s clear the company could care less about us.

Advice to Management

If you’re going to care less about us, your employees, stop being two faced saying you put us first. It’s insulting.

Nov 9, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition and Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your work with us. We try to make Four Seasons Hotel New York a great place to work for all employees but in this case it sounds like we... More

8. "A job is better than no job, I guess"

I worked at Four Seasons full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At a property level, most managers/department heads are willing to roll their sleeves up and help each other out, in ways I've never seen at other hotels.

Line staff is friendly and will bend over backwards once they know you've got their back.

Lunch was provided at my property and it was pretty good.

Benefits were decent.

Opportunities to task force were plenty, a great way to see other parts of the world

Cons

Executive committee is extremely out of touch, leaving everyone under them burnt out. Told to "do your best" yet it never seems good enough.

Efforts put forth by EC to show appreciation are better than nothing but often feel like lame high school parties.

Priorities are poorly managed. EC will make a big fuss about a guest's room service order being messed up (understandable, it's the Four Seasons after all) but will not place any emphasis on larger issues (personnel, supplies, etc.) that no one in management has time to take care of because they're chasing their tails with the little things.

Salary is OK but considering the hours put in, it's a pay cut compared to comparable positions elsewhere.

You have to know someone to be able to use your comp nights.

Advice to Management

Hire more people, and treat the ones you have with some gratitude.

Oct 23, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition and Engagement

Thanks for sharing your experience working with us – we agree that the teamwork between employees is a very special part of working for Four Seasons. Staff meals are also pretty terrific! We are... More

9. "Four Seasons Hotel Kona Hawaii"

Former Employee - Room Server in Kailua Kona, HI
    Former Employee - Room Server in Kailua Kona, HI

I worked at Four Seasons full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were lots of great people that work there. The atmosphere was fast paced and fun. A good living wage can be made there.

Cons

Breaks and lunches were very rarely allowed. Usually you had to take your lunch at the end of your shift, seven and a half hours or more after you shift starts. This was in the room service department.

Advice to Management

Allow lunch to be had sometime in the middle of your shift.

Oct 23, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition and Engagement

Much Mahalo for providing this feedback. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed working with your fellow Ohana and that the work environment including your wages met your expectations.

We take... More

10. "Manager"

I worked at Four Seasons full-time

Pros

Luxury Focus, Proud to delivery exceptional customer experience

Cons

Nothing to provide at this time