Four Seasons Reviews in United States | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Four Seasons CEO Allen Smith
Allen Smith

Pros
  • great benefits at other locations (in 61 reviews)

• There are plenty of comp nights as well as friends and family rates for hotels around the world (in 45 reviews)

"TERRIBLE"

Current Employee - Room Service in Jackson, WY
    Current Employee - Room Service in Jackson, WY

I have been working at Four Seasons full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Meet people the exception to this half of them are mgmt and they are all terrible. The money you make is no where near worth your happiness. Something you will not find at Four Seasons.

Cons

I don't know where they find these people that run nearly every department. Mgmt does not care about you, they will show you how I appreciated you are at every opportunity.

Advice to Management

Stop being petty, stop utilizing every word of fine print to scam your employees, stop being so arrogant, lend me, help more, be nice more - literally just be real and nice needless to say they are fake and rude.

"Golden Rule is out the door"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Four Seasons full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Complimentary Nights (not always approved)
    Employee meals
    Paid Time Off

Cons

Management (gets away with many things and still there after more than dozens of employee complaints, then laughs it off and pretends that nothing happened)
    Open door policy (whatever you say goes back to you)
    Advancement (if you're very good at what you do, be ready to get denied for advancement)
    Hours (be prepared to work back to back shifts, sacrifice all your hours and not get recognized)
    Sick Time (although encouraged to take sick days, management will ask you to take meds until u get better to come back that same day or they won't care about your health and just want your there)
    HR (line staff, forget HR, even though you are more important than management, they will protect each other)

Advice to Management

Why don't you start listening to those who actually work hard (the line staff). Our manager is barely there when the big boss is not around. Don't take your line staff for granted because they're the one who suffers the most. Manipulative and disgusting bosses always wins, you and many others complain about them and they turn it around on you and retaliate to the team. No core values are followed at all. No empathy. Bring back Isadore Sharp and his values, maybe it will help this place.

"Nightmare"

Former Employee - Food and Beverage in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Four Seasons full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I met SOME really nice people
    I still think the company is great but not THIS location.

Cons

Im not going to bash this company. I just thought I was work for FOUR SEASONS. The Atlanta location is not what Four Seasons stands for. Horrible people to work for.

"Extremely disappointing"

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Four Seasons full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Average health benefits which you pay for each paycheck period. It is great to have on resume due to its global luxury brand.

Cons

Beyond lower standards for employees. Management is a joke and negativity is everywhere throughout the hotel. No proper training, abusive managers, inconsiderate slacking staff, and no support when you need it the most. Horrible work conditions. I expected so much more from this brand and it just left me disappointed. Nothing is ever really done when you bring a concern to management even though they say something will be done. The golden rule is never even applied throughout the hotel among staff members. Egos and young unseasoned managers leave the staff feeling neglected and treated unfairly. Would not recommend wasting your life away here.

Advice to Management

You spend so much time and effort in your hiring process yet you lack the skills to hire managers that are passionate about their role, and empower their team, while supplying them with the appropriate resources necessary to succeed. Your turnover rate is extremely high and that should mean something to you. Wake up and start making a difference.

"Upper management was a mafia, mess with them and you're gone in a flash."

Former Employee - Mid Management in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Mid Management in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Four Seasons full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working along side some great people that really cared about doing the best job they possibly can. That's about it as far as that goes.

Cons

Like my title infers, the upper managment had been there together for awhile and anyone that came in and tried to inject new ideas were looked at as undermining their authority and being insubordinate.

Advice to Management

Seriously, in today's day and age of everything being scrutinized and ethically correct, you really need to conform and be more inclusive and work WITH your staff, not AGAINST them.

"Why did I even bother?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Four Seasons full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits: free hotel stays (to many black-out dates though). Free lunch (sorta kinda), hoilday party, social events

Cons

you work wayyyyyyyy to many hours. work-life balance sucks. I'm being as real as it gets- you wont even have time to go to the doctors. if youre reading this you are probably looking for employement- take my advice and go work for the Ritz Carlton or Marriott.

Advice to Management

everyone was annoying except General Manager and Hotel Manager

"Inexperienced management teams."

Current Employee - Anonymous in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Four Seasons full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Comp room nights although black out dates make this more like a promise never fulfilled.

Cons

They staff young, inexperienced managers so they can overwork them for no pay. This is often a burden to career line staff who have to constantly 'train' their rotating management team. Non existent leadership. Upper management keeps departments understaffed and overworked so they can collect big bonus checks based on minimizing labor costs.

Advice to Management

Luxury service comes with proper staffing. It will never be great when you put inexperienced people in charge who are not equipped to lead and then work your staff into the ground.

"Don't recommend for managers; great for line staff"

Former Employee - Director in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Director in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Four Seasons full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Looks good on your resume
    Fun people

Cons

The expect quantity over quality when it comes to hours
    Filled with mediocrity
    Generally, very slow to deal with performance issues
    Hardly any training for line staff on service

Advice to Management

Hire more people with business background, not just people who grew up in Four Seasons
    Deal with performance issues whether they be managers or line staff or executives
    Poor health benefits and work life balance - must change
    Change comp program to be like Marriott; hard to get comp nights unless you know people
    Be more professional; do what you say
    Allow managers and directors to have authority

"Decent"

Former Employee - First Cook (Chef De Partie) in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - First Cook (Chef De Partie) in Denver, CO

I worked at Four Seasons full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have good benefits and some great team members

Cons

the management team for the F&B department is very lacking.

"Stay away from Santa Fe"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe, NM

I worked at Four Seasons full-time

Pros

In theory, their concept and ideals sound great. Good amenity ideas.

Cons

Managers rarely had time off. Did not see much in way of promotion or growth.

Advice to Management

Many that we worked with in Santa Fe had ONLY worked for Four Seasons and had no prior upper management knowledge. Advice: Before acting like you know it all and are here to "save" our city, you should have more experience (in your job and by working with other management companies). Most importantly, learn how to treat people - not just guests. It's tiring to hear "treat others as you would have them treat you" while looking down on co-workers. I only hope it's a regional issue, not company wide. For now, I would NEVER recommend anyone working for this company.