Four Seasons Reviews in United States | Glassdoor

4.0
Four Seasons CEO Allen Smith
Allen Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great benefits and wonderful work atmosphere (in 74 reviews)

• Good bran to work for and opportunity to move around the world (in 24 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Executive Chef in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Chef in New York, NY

I worked at Four Seasons full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Safe and motivating working environment. Good company philosophy. Respectful management team.

Cons

Limited space for expression of the creative mind

Advice to Management

keep up the good work! Creativity must be enhanced and encouraged

Four Seasons Response

Dec 18, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition and Engagement

Thank you for the fantastic review of your time working with us. We are glad to know that you felt safe, supported and aligned to our company philosophy.

We wish you success in your next career... More

"(All statements are opinions/one’s perspective only)"

Former Employee - BOH S in Burke, VA
    Former Employee - BOH S in Burke, VA

I worked at Four Seasons full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most are respectful of each other (professional), regardless of position; everyone understands each others’ vital needs within the property.

Open door policy and it is enforced. Feedback is heard and many are implemented. (Thank you.)

You are shown appreciation by upper management through words and action. ie they give you ice cream.

Cons

People are slow here. Why? Because the only motivation here (for many) is money from a stable job that has a LOT of work. It is a five star hotel.

Upwards movement within happens but not enough. (Most movements are horizontal transfers from dept to dept) More recognition could be addressed with employees, whether a promotion or just a star

People talk too much. In general and behind each others’ backs. Words should be shared for improvement rather than for venting.

Politics. Visible to some, ...

Turnover. Stability within teams are hard to find.

Complaints. Wow...

Everyone needs more training and knowledge!! Information is an expensive commodity, however, sharing could assist in a smoother function of the hotel and keep the people motivated. Learning is a great motivation ;)

Advice to Management

More feedback from the managers could be offered without being asked. Also, it would be great to have more motivated individuals working with the brand/property. Those who are negative could be advised some how. It hurts those around them, and in effect the hotel.

It was a great experience; thank you for the opportunity.

Four Seasons Response

Nov 7, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition and Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experiences, it is important to us that you felt you and others were treated respectfully. We will certainly share the feedback in regards to... More

3. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe, NM

I worked at Four Seasons full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, beautiful places, great environment to be in. Great perks and benefits, it’s almost as if you are a celebrity when you work for them.

Cons

The staffing levels, seasonality ups and downs, guests are difficult and so challenging daily. Work and life balance...forget about it!

4. "Design Assistant"

Former Contractor - Assistant Designer in Beverly Hills, CA
    Former Contractor - Assistant Designer in Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at Four Seasons as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, professional , Atmosphere, Co-workers , Work ethic

Cons

Pay, Parking , Location , Mileage, Employee value

Advice to Management

Put more value to work

5. "exec chef"

Current Employee - Executive Chef in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Chef in New York, NY

I have been working at Four Seasons full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

learning and ability to use best ingredients

Cons

long hours and tough condtions

Advice to Management

be more proactive

6. "Four Seasons is a great company to work for"

Current Employee - Guest Reception Officer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Guest Reception Officer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Four Seasons full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is best in the industry, excellent career development for those that apply themselves, benefits are pretty good for hospitality

Cons

mid level managers sometimes feel a lot of stress, sometimes staff can feel overworked due to limited staff on payroll.

Advice to Management

I've had managers that were great, and I've had managers that shouldn't have been managers at all - too inexperienced. Overall the MIT training program is great, in theory. But due to the nature of the hospitality industry, few things ever go as planned so it takes someone who is resourceful, adaptable and quick learner to make it through the program. I've seen some MIT's just get thrown out there to the sharks without much training. I suppose this can be an effective way for some to learn, but from my time at the hotel, I've seen most not make it through. I don't really have a suggestion on how to make this better other than to ensure you have enough staff at any given time. Although, I understand the challenges of this as well.

7. "Part Time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Great manager
    They got rid of some of the bad management

Cons

The industry is brutal

8. "Great company"

Former Employee - Bartender in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Bartender in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Four Seasons full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tips, co-workers, benefits. The company is very professional and they seek out the right people for the positions, many are referrals.

Cons

You get over worked and the managers are inexperienced, recently fresh out of college with no idea how to manage people.

9. "Overall, it was a great learning experience. They promote the company culture everyday."

Former Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX
    Former Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Four Seasons as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

They constantly train you everyday on how you can give better customer service. They like to promote from within also so if you are willing to relocate you can move up quickly.

Cons

If they are short staffed, they have no problem overworking you to make sure shifts are covered. I had many days of working 10+ hours because they needed people in another department.

Advice to Management

Don't overwork employees without rewarding them or thanking them for going above and beyond for you.

10. "Amazing start - difficult ending"

Former Employee - Front Desk Supervisor in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Front Desk Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Four Seasons full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Looks really great on the resume! The people (overall) are really great and they really push that team environment and encourage you to socialize outside of work with all levels of management and hourly staff. This helps create a more family environment and you really do want to help your team as much as you can!

Cons

Moving up is really hard and you have to constantly push for what direction you want, otherwise they will take you were they want and it may not always be the best for you. You're only as good as you make you manager look.
    Also the hours can be really killer. But they do compensate for that.

Advice to Management

Be more open to young management, especially if they are qualified. Seems to be stuck on this idea of being a certain age to be good at a job