Foursquare "free lunch" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Foursquare Employee Reviews about "free lunch"

Updated Dec 5, 2019

3.6
Foursquare CEO Jeff Glueck
Jeff Glueck
Pros
  • "Excellent company culture, community activities(in 4 reviews)

• "Free lunch Tuesdays and Thursdays, ridiculously stocked snack corner, and beer/wine on tap(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 2 reviews)

• "(in 2 reviews)

Reviews about "free lunch"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "They listen to EVERY voice - even the intern's!"

Former Intern - Support Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Foursquare for less than a year

Pros

As an intern, I always felt my opinion was heard and valued. Foursquare has a vibrant culture and office space to match. It's a fun experience to work in a company where everyone is using the consumer apps on a regular basis. Free lunch Tuesdays and Thursdays, ridiculously stocked snack corner, and beer/wine on tap. Very transparent work environment. Information is not silo-ed or hidden from the entirety of the... company, so everyone can provide input at Tuesday team meetings. Unfortunately, the Support Intern role does not include a full-time job opportunity as the role is constantly rotating with new interns. But I still recommend current students/new grads apply, because you'll meet great people and, hopefully, awesome connections!

Cons

It would be great if Foursquare offered a full-time offer for high-performing interns within this position.

Advice to Management

Clearly define Foursquare's business and OKRs. Marketing and branding sometimes felt inconsistent internally. Are you a utilitarian app, a gaming app, or providing location-based marketing solutions?

Foursquare2017-02-24
  2. "Waiting to be acquired"

Former Employee - Ops in New York, NY

I worked at Foursquare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free Lunch Tuesday and Thursdays No consequences for failed projects Nobody cares how many days you use up in Vacation (everyone seems to work from home a lot)

Cons

Unfortunately it feels like the company's waiting to get acquired by one of the tech firms based on the high turnover and lack of culture. The acquisition of Placed felt rushed and was put together without much planning for the already overworked (And stretched thin) teams. People feel lost and without guidance. Non-Tech teams have horrific hiring practices which means people who are not a 'fit' for roles get... those roles and create additional bottlenecks when they aren't resourceful enough. Upper management is oblivious to requests for additional head count which in turn makes teams leave in droves

Foursquare2019-12-06

"If It's Too Good To Be True, It's Usually Because It Is"

I worked at Foursquare full-time

Pros

Free lunch 2 days a week, free health insurance, lot of fun company events.

Cons

A lot of seperation between departments, no support from management. Foursquare is a start up so keep in mind the workload that comes with that. A lot of the times I felt overworked and pulled in many directions. When I asked for support I felt like I was ignored, my manager appeared as though they cared but never did anything to actually help. I never got backing from them and everyone's work always felt like it... was being dumped on me. When I asked for assistance I received none, and it was only until I quit that they realized the workload for my position was too much and decided to split my role. I also found out upon my departure that the salaries for the two new positions were almost double what they were paying me. Also way too much extra meetings and reviews going on. I think it takes away from people actually getting work done.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, support them, and make them feel valued.

Foursquare2018-06-08

"Friendly but sometimes arrogant engineering culture"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Foursquare full-time

Pros

Friendly and passionate co-workers. People really want to improve the company and product. Transparent, earnest, and open culture. Free lunch twice a week, free dinners all week.

Cons

Can be clique-y and arrogant in the engineering side, eg some CMU or Stanford or ex-googlers look down on everyone else. Enthusiasm for the company is misplaced since it's pretty clear that the product has hit a dead end. Drinking-oriented social culture.

Foursquare2015-03-23