Fox Rehabilitation Reviews

Updated Jan 12, 2021

3.9
Fox Rehabilitation Founder, Advisor to the Practice, Co-chair Board of Directors Tim Fox (no image)
Tim Fox
Pros
  • "Fox believes that "happy, well trained clinicians make good healthcare(in 31 reviews)

• "Great team work and I love the flexible schedule(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some clinicians have a hard time balancing the flexibility(in 20 reviews)

• "Documentation can be heavy at times if you have a lot of initial evaluations in a week, which is to be expected in any physical therapist position(in 12 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Mission, Teamwork, Support, Flexibility"

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Moorestown, NJ

I have been working at Fox Rehabilitation full-time

Pros

I have been employed at Fox Rehab since June of 2019. My experience with Fox has been very positive and the list of pros is extensive. I do believe that Fox taps into the motivating factor that led most of us to pursue a career in rehabilitation. Simply stated, Fox is about helping older adults achieve "optimal function to live their lives" (from the mission statement). Fox employees at all levels stress the importance of our mission and work. It's a company that reminds its team why we do what we do. Fox is also very good about making good work well known. For example, therapists are asked to share success stories of their patients. These stories typically elicit responses and emails of appreciation from the team and higher ups for a job well done. At Fox, I definitely feel that I am valued and appreciated, and there is typically time during team meetings to recognize the achievements of the therapists. Fox is also very invested in continuing education and professional development. All therapists have access to Medbridge for continuing education, and Fox often sponsors classes and seminars at a discount to employees. Fox also has a program that rewards therapists (financially) for dedication to professional development. Team is also a large part of being a Fox employee. This was a concern of mine when I initially joined Fox because we're out in the field alone. However, the sense of team is very important and very palpable. Fox also has a system that provides a good deal of support to the therapists. Regional Directors (RD) are very accessible and typically respond quickly to any questions or concerns. In addition to the RD, each team has a regional quality assurance liaison to provide support and guidance. Each team also has a rep that assists with contacting physicians, obtaining DME, processing referrals, etc. The flexibility of the position is also excellent. Each therapist establishes his/her own schedule and can treat Mon - Sun to achieve quota. Directors trust therapists to organize their schedules as they deem fit, provided each patient is seen according to established frequency. Fox believes that "happy, well trained clinicians make good healthcare." This is apparent in the supports built into the system and the flexibility provided. I should also mention that getting PTO approved has never been an issue. It's just asked that the therapists provide an outline of the plan of care, and team members help cover patients during PTO. A great benefit of working at Fox is one on one sessions in the patient's home. As a therapist, I find this to be the optimal setting. At Fox, I can say that I am proud of my employer, and believe that Fox is invested in me personally and professionally. I highly recommend Fox Rehab.

Cons

Again, my experience with Fox has been very positive. However, there are challenges. The greatest of these is patient cancellations. Each therapist is responsible for meeting a quota. When a patient cancels, it is the responsibility of the therapist to make up the session and cover the lost units. This can prove to be quite difficult, particularly when a patient is ill or hospitalized. It requires flexibility and creativity on the part of the therapist, and I often find myself treating on weekends in order to meet quota. Documentation is also quite challenging, and if unable to complete documentation point of service (which is rather difficult), you'll find yourself catching up at home. Finally, the commute can be a challenge. Regional Directors attempt to keep patients within a certain range, but this doesn't always work out, and driving can be extensive. Also, Fox doesn't compensate per mileage, but provides an annual stipend that, in my experience, doesn't come close to covering the cost for gas and maintenance.

2. "PT"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Fox Rehabilitation full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule and good culture

Cons

Caseload consistency difficult at times

3. "fox pt"

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in North Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Fox Rehabilitation part-time

Pros

good team ,better work environment

Cons

work-life balance and no getting travel allownces

4. "Lots of time traveling"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist

I have been working at Fox Rehabilitation part-time for less than a year

Pros

Boss is great and love company mission

Cons

Way too time consuming for part timr

5. "occupational therpaist"

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Fox Rehabilitation full-time for more than a year

Pros

flexible hours when working a

Cons

when you do not hit your quota you use PTO

6. "Excellent company to work for!"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Fox Rehabilitation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent regional manager with great communication and provides positive feedback which encourages you to go above and beyond everyday! Great team work and I love the flexible schedule. If you enjoy working with older adults then this is the job for you!

Cons

Documentation can be heavy at times if you have a lot of initial evaluations in a week, which is to be expected in any physical therapist position. Yes you have to pay for your own gas, but I drive the same mileage that I did with my prior outpatient job.

7. "Great Culture"

Former Employee - Recruitment Coordinator in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Fox Rehabilitation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Fox was a great experience. The culture there made me enjoy work each day

Cons

No downside to work at Fox

8. "Flexibility at its finest"

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Fox Rehabilitation full-time

Pros

There are definitely "pros" worth mentioning based on my experience working for Fox Rehabilitation. In general, there is a TON of support re: any issue you may have whether it be clinical, personal, etc from multiple resources; regional director, other co workers, HR, etc. Even though Fox is a larger company, you work on a "team" that is within your region and that "team" becomes a second family who I personally reach out to often for various issues and support when needed. I feel as though all of my colleagues and I share the same point of view which I love (we care about our patients in the most genuine way!) FLEXIBILITY is amazing as you make your own schedule to best accommodate your own life! Requesting PTO has never been denied :) Hearing that you've done a good job and your hard work is recognized is always a plus, especially when you've worked for other companies that you have not heard this. Being in home care setting, this allows us to provide such functional and meaningful goals to patients which is amazing. There is plenty of opportunity to grow as a clinician with continuing education courses (provided to you via Medbridge membership) and there are also opportunities to grow past clinical work if you desire.

Cons

Driving can be tough if your patients are not located near one another or if you are required to go to an area that is not exactly close to home (my RD personally worked with me and another therapist to make it the best scenario for both of us, but this might not always be the case). On that note, you are not reimbursed for gas/mileage. If a patient cancels, you are responsible to "make up" that visit. Fox does not pay for our cell phones, which I feel like I use for work more than anything (they do offer a small discount with certain providers, but not anything of a great deal). Raises are currently on hold. Documentation can be cumbersome which results in completing "work at home."

9. "Occupational Therapist!"

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Fox Rehabilitation full-time

Pros

Fox is an overall great company to work. One of the best orientations/onboarding processes I have had starting a new job. Documentation is a lot at first but once you get the hang of it, it is a good system. Management/Mentors always available to assist when needed.

Cons

No mileage reimbursement and can be a lot of driving, Uncontrolled patient cancellations

10. "Okay place to work"

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Pearl River, NY

I have been working at Fox Rehabilitation full-time

Pros

Flexible hours and ability to create personal schedule

Cons

Documentation and required to attend un paid meetings

Viewing 1 - 10 of 205 English Reviews