Fox Rehabilitation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Tim Fox

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There's regular training on evidence based treatment for common conditions that clinicians see frequently (in 9 reviews)

• The practice places a strong emphasis on evidence based practice and the notion of running your territory as if it were your own private practice (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There is also no tuition assistance/reimbursement for business operations employees but there are continuing education courses offered to clinicians (in 3 reviews)

• It's hard work being a really good therapist and documenting detailed treatments (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great growing company"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Fox Rehabilitation full-time

Pros

professional development, 401K, time-off, flexible schedule, great company culture, evidence based practice, internal quality assurance, and clinical services to reach out to for PT/OT/SLP practice questions is excellent.

Cons

poor management in my area, I've heard from other colleagues in different states they are very happy with their regional directors

Advice to Management

be more involved in therapists' day to day and make sure you're communicating with the facilities Fox works in on a regular basis. A nice demeanor helps too.

Sep 6, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Hi there and thank you for taking the time out to type this review!

We’re thrilled to see that you’ve been able to experience our exchange of abundance from professional development to our... More

"Therapist"

Former Employee - Therapist
    Former Employee - Therapist

I worked at Fox Rehabilitation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CEU access, 401K, great co workers, nice work environment and no uniform.

Cons

They get ya... The salary is decent which hooks you in, but when you look at the hours worked in a week and time spent doing things that are non-billable, is it really worth it? Yes, every job comes with nonbillable time, but at FOX, the time spent faxing orders to Drs, putting out fires, driving, dealing with down or slow EHR systems, attending meetings that are basically meaningless, watching web videos that could be nixed or sent out in an email are just a handful of things that are included in your salary and make your work week longer. I know I would much rather spend that time running overtime.

Advice to Management

People have lives outside of work and family is very valuable. Things need to be tightened up to decrease the amount of time spent not treating (cause that is what we do). Many clinicians have the extra time in their week, but they would let rather spend it earning money and doing overtime then all the non-billable's.

I worked at Fox Rehabilitation full-time

Pros

Autonomy, great orientation program and continuing ed opportunities, flexible schedule, the chance to work with great therapists that share a passion for helping their patients get back to independence in their own home

Cons

Mediocre benefits, the numerous mandatory meetings, and the ridiculous amount of paperwork . Coverage areas were not as stated at time of hire.

Jul 5, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Hi there, and thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to see you acknowledge the exchange of abundance FOX offers our clinicians with things like flexible schedules and... More

"Customer Care Coordinator"

Former Employee - Customer Care in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Care in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Fox Rehabilitation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers. That's about it. And I feel very bad for the ones who are still there.

Cons

Fox is an unsettling place to work. I will highly recommend to run for the hills. DO NOT waste your time here. I warned you. This place is all about clinical. Business operations get the "worse" end of the stick. I was working there for 5 years and went up a couple cents. Not only that they were constantly changing work flows and throwing me to the wolves. Very stressful. They micro manage you to the T. At reviews I would get highly praised but yet the reviews was total opposite and false. Just so they won't give you more money. Everyone complained and hated review time because it was all lies. They would over work you and over load you yet complain of mistakes when you are not properly trained to begin with. During my last weeks the phone calls came in constantly to the point where we would get over 20 voicemail a day from angry clients. But yet that department would remain with 3 or 4. I bet Fox himself didn't really know that. And it's a big shame if he knows how employers are being treated and he brushes it off. When clinicals get treated like royalty. Communication is horrible we pretty much learned about things after it was in play already. People will change flow without even consulting employees who would know if it will work or not. Employees are never consulting on changes. It's like heres the change now handle it. It's a very stressful situation and environment. Management say they listen but we were never heard. Or just ignored. The way to move up at Fox is by the people you know or the people you have a love interest with. Not to gossip but I saw this too many times. No morals in that place.
    I'll be giving 1 star cause 0 is not an option.

Advice to Management

Advice to Fox. Sweep up customer care from management. Or really pay attention to your employers and the movement. Management sugar coats everything when things are really going bad.

"Joining Fox was the best decision of my professional career"

Former Employee - Physical Therapist
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist

I worked at Fox Rehabilitation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

At Fox, there is a culture that demands excellence from the clinicians because patients always deserve clinically excellent care. If you are looking for a 9-5 job where you can clock in and out, then Fox is probably not the place for you. But if you want to truly make a difference in your patients lives and want the autonomy to provide the best possible care that is backed up by the evidence, then Fox would be the place for you. Fox offers basically unlimited continuing education opportunities. There's regular training on evidence based treatment for common conditions that clinicians see frequently. There's an abundance of support from management and lots of room for professional growth. In addition I feel that my compensation was always fair throughout my time at Fox. Fox makes every effort to help a clinician succeed professionally and financially.

Cons

Like I said, Fox is not for everybody and it shouldn't be for everybody. Fox wants the best and brightest clinicians who want to work hard and provide the best care at all times.

May 15, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Hi there,

Thank you so much for writing this marvelous review! You’ve summed up our private practice perfectly. At FOX, our culture is center around people: our clinicians, our clients and... More

"Disasterously bad company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Fox Rehabilitation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Usually pay well. They're not firing people as much as they used too also

Cons

This company will use you and lose you. They fire people all the time if you're not a "fit". They have Regional Directors write fake reviews on this web site all the time. Like it's actually an enormous initiative for them to clean up there online presence because people hate this company so much. Read all the positive reviews.. they all talk about "evidence based clinical continuing ed". Literally who would say that in a review? Do. Not. Work. Here. Super unethical company.

Advice to Management

Consider going to church

Jun 16, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and express your concerns. However, your accusations of FOX being unethical and posting fake reviews are completely false.

We... More

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Fox Rehabilitation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance, good pay and training opportunities, good mentorship program for new therapists

Cons

No payment for meetings or documentation.

Jan 16, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Hi there,

Thank you so much for writing this review. At FOX, we want clinicians to own their work/life balance. We also want to provide growth potential. We’re thrilled to see you highlighted both... More

"Occupational Therapist"

Pros

love flexibility, pay and work style. I work 100 units a week and its super flexible. I recommend if your looking for a flexible career

Cons

unpredictable but worth it for the pay and flexibility. DO not always feel like you have consistant co workers but not a problem for me

Nov 2, 2016 – Social Media Specialist

Hi there,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Giving excellent clinicians, such as yourself, the autonomy to make their own schedule is a pillar of our practice. It’s... More

"Quality"

Pros

Flexible schedule, focus on quality care, evidence-based practice, proactive approach

Cons

These are not necessarily cons, but this is not for someone who expects a caseload to be handed to them or who takes a reactive approach. You truly have to be a therapist who is willing to go above and beyond to give fully of yourself to your SLC and the residents there. Must be willing to go outside your comfort zone. One of the cornerstones of Fox rehab is the "exchange of abundance," and they mean it so you have to be dedicated and driven in that way and if you are, you will succeed at Fox. Again, none of these are necessarily cons but some therapists are just not this way!

Advice to Management

Keep up the culture of respect and quality care.

Oct 11, 2016 – Social Media Specialist

Hi there,

We are thrilled to see your review. You and your experience appear to truly reflect the culture we strive for: clinical excellence, autonomy and providing an exchange of abundance... More

"No morals within the upper management"

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Department Supervisor in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Fox Rehabilitation (More than 5 years)

Pros

employees are hard working and dedicated, company was in good standing few years ago before it decided to get too big

Cons

employees not compensated according to the skills, people are leaving the company very frequently. high turnover

Oct 3, 2016 – Social Media Specialist

Hi there,

Thanks for taking time to write this review. While we appreciate your acknowledgement of our excellent employees, we value offering them an exchange of abundance. Our management team... More