Fractal Analytics "middle management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Fractal Analytics Employee Reviews about "middle management"

Updated Nov 22, 2019

4.0
Fractal Analytics CEO Srikanth Velamakanni
Srikanth Velamakanni
Pros
  • "Best work Culture, Good Work life balance, Lot of opportunities to grow(in 82 reviews)

• "It gives every employee a good work life balance(in 62 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "middle management"

Return to all Reviews

"Good place to build an analytics career"

I worked at Fractal Analytics full-time

Pros

Fun work environment, opportunities for growth

Cons

Can't think of cons, but it would be better if middle management got its act together

Fractal Analytics2017-03-20

"Salary"

I have been working at Fractal Analytics full-time

Pros

CEO and few key people are really good

Cons

bad middle management and HR

Fractal Analytics2018-05-30

"Bad experience"

I have been working at Fractal Analytics full-time

Pros

Srikanth and his humility, Few jovial ppl Had joined hearing it had good culture, still trying to find it though

Cons

People principle, flexibility to work is a big big facade and hoax. Senior senior management refers to it as 'people principle and all that crap'. I voiced my opinion and was threatened it will 'effect my growth'. No ethics, except for a handful of people. Specially US leadership is ready to fall down to extreme levels for immediate and short-sighted benefits. A bunch of bullies pushing anyone who differs. Don't... give power to even account managers after mismanaging expectations. Unable to staff people after promising sales. Ask middle management to handle things, while they try to 'engage' with false growth promises. Old people show too much power while new ones have to establish against all obstacles. Almost threatening. Salary is also very low compared to others because of few decision makers. Hoard of new senior managers joining who are ever so loud and cannot stop boasting about themselves. Pushy, desperate to impress Srikanth.

Advice to Management

Broaden your vision. Srikanth has it, but a hollow leadership, too busy to micro-manage. It will get you the short term wins, but cannot take you any further.

Fractal Analytics2014-05-01
  4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Fractal Analytics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to learn analytics and implement solutions for the fortune 500 clients.

Cons

Sub-par middle management which makes life difficult for a long term.

Fractal Analytics2019-11-22
  5. "Builds scalable products using technologies such as django, python, react and vue."

Current Employee - Engineer in Mumbai

I have been working at Fractal Analytics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leave and work timings are very flexible.

Cons

Middle management should change. Be more transparent regarding hikes and promotions.

Fractal Analytics2019-10-22
  6. "A great place to work, just the middle management can be improved"

Former Employee - Consultant in Bangalore

I worked at Fractal Analytics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture, people, ownership of work, independence, helping and open environment

Cons

Middle management can be better

Fractal Analytics2019-09-27

"One of the most ethical analytics consulting firm"

Former Employee - Senior Data Scientist in Bangalore

I worked at Fractal Analytics full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Flexible timings, 2. in-house trainings (Machine learning, SQL/ R/ Python/ Visualization, etc.), 3. financial support for most of the well known external certifications 4. free food 5. cab (used for office commute) reimbursements 6. Quick turnaround and support for all HR/logisitcs/IT issues 7. Consideration (to max possible extent, see cons) towards employee's work life balance 8. Amazing rigour of... client deliverables (good for Fractal and clients but sometimes a con for employee)

Cons

1. Somewhat old laptops - although last I heard was there were upgrade plans 2. Being in a client facing role sometimes has its own problems - like tight deadlines, occasional overkill on deliverable quality/compliance - this causes a work life imbalance sometimes, but this is not a fault of Fractal, rather the nature of industry I believe. In fact, I feel Fractal manages its employees much better than any other... analytics consulting firm in India. I wrote this in cons section only because occasional work-life-imbalance is a con, but it is not Fractal's ownership. 3. Middle management - This is a real con. Many a times I felt the pursuit of being-best undermines employee's stress. Managers unnecessarily over commit on timelines / deliverables. and that puts stress on all involved including manager! 4. Pay scale - I think this is biggest con! My payscale was ok, but I seriously felt my team mates were under payed (I do not / did not know their salaries, but they had long pending concerns over salary hikes). Apart from low salaries, there was no significant issues, but they left the company. For a company like Fractal, who has potential to lead Indian industry, this is really a petty thing. People are more important than money! AND you also make money, please keep your employees a bit more pampered. 5. All-in for clients - Fractal is consulting firm so it is expected to go all-in for clients! But, it also has a potential of doing in-house R&D, publications, patents. Again, as industry leader, Fractal should put more focus on R&D 6. No gym (at least in Bengaluru office) / shower facilities

Advice to Management

1. Increase salaries of consultants/analysts/data scientists and their corresponding senior roles. 2. Middle management should be more cognizant towards not over-committing and employee work life balance 3. Put more focus on R&D (Folks from AIML should not be put on client facing roles permanently, occasional is fine), get more patents and publications - this will increase the brand value and brand respect.

Fractal Analytics2019-07-23

"Overall it's good"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Fractal Analytics full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are high potential projects but only a few. You should be lucky enough.

Cons

Middle management asks you to stay in the same project even though you are not liking it. Highly client-oriented, which is not good all the time.

Advice to Management

Please as your employee's opinion also before assigning into projects.

Fractal Analytics2019-08-08
  9. "Consultant Review"

Current Employee - Consultant in Mumbai

I have been working at Fractal Analytics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work from home. Good for making career in data science / big data.

Cons

Middle management is bad. Lot of inequality in pay.

Fractal Analytics2019-08-13

"One of the best companies"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Mumbai

I have been working at Fractal Analytics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Appreciation for good honest work, people oriented, some of the projects are absolutely cutting-edge,

Cons

Middle management needs to improve & take ownership

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, as one of the leading AI companies be a little bit more selective in terms of work

Fractal Analytics2019-04-25