Fractal Analytics "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Fractal Analytics Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 27, 2019

3.9
Fractal Analytics CEO Srikanth Velamakanni
Srikanth Velamakanni
Pros
  • "Best work Culture, Good Work life balance, Lot of opportunities to grow(in 82 reviews)

• "It gives every employee a good work life balance(in 62 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Good place to work, great work life balance, slow growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Fractal Analytics full-time for more than a year

Pros

great work life balance Stability and Job security Open work culture

Cons

Slow growth Lots of projects are purely reporting Poor compensation by market standards

Advice to Management

Please do not make compensation purely by college

Fractal Analytics2016-10-14

"Good and bad"

I worked at Fractal Analytics

Pros

Great company, great learning opportunity

Cons

terrible work life balance and

Fractal Analytics2016-06-15

"Disorganized, inefficient, preoccupied with job titles"

Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Fractal Analytics

Pros

There is not a single experience that I would categorize as "pro" because the company has too, too many shortcomings.

Cons

Qualifications and conduct of top level managers isn't questioned. Work-life balance is only focused on Work. Support staff is inexperienced and undependable. Ignore mismatch between employee qualifications/capability with roles.

Fractal Analytics2015-03-06

"Consultant(Analytics and Insights)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

I worked at Fractal Analytics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Work life Balance Friendly team members

Cons

Senior Level Management No vision to take on better projects

Fractal Analytics2019-10-28
  5. "Great Place to work"

I worked at Fractal Analytics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Flexibility to work from home 2. Great work culture

Cons

1. Work life balance is not good.

Fractal Analytics2019-10-04

"Good Company"

I have been working at Fractal Analytics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very supportive when it comes to work life balance,some good managers will always support you in your carrier advancement.

Cons

mid level colleagues can be hindrance sometime

Advice to Management

More transparency.There must be one o one with the top personnel atleast once in a year.

Fractal Analytics2019-09-19

"Consultant"

I worked at Fractal Analytics full-time

Pros

Lot of learning opportunities Independent project handling Work life balance usually

Cons

Middle managements understanding of new technology Hard to get new opportunities

Advice to Management

Middle management needs to be more educated about the basic concepts of analytical tools and their applications in business solution

Fractal Analytics2019-09-02

"Best Company to start your Analytics career"

Former Employee - Consultant in Bangalore

I worked at Fractal Analytics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best work Culture, Good Work life balance, Lot of opportunities to grow. Big domain of clients problem to work on lots of learning.

Cons

I was fortunate to work on good projects there. but some of the projects are just reporting work with very limited growth opportunity.

Advice to Management

Fractal was hiring really great minds earlier but nowadays as company is growing its hiring standers are not the same. Please don't drop your hiring stand.

Fractal Analytics2019-08-07

"Good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

I worked at Fractal Analytics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very employee friendly policies, culture and support staff. Cantene free food has been consistently amazing. Good work life balance. Company spends a lot on gifts/outings. I have seen some good projects. Nice client relationships and market rapport maintained.

Cons

Career progression not very clear, examples of loyal employees with stagnant career demotivates from planning a longterm career here. Rewards and recognitions are less meaningful as it is sometimes given in rotation. Accounts are very different, people in different accounts get different level of opportunities.

Advice to Management

Individual career progression should be relooked.

Fractal Analytics2019-08-13

"One of the most ethical analytics consulting firm"

Former Employee - Senior Data Scientist in Bangalore

I worked at Fractal Analytics full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Flexible timings, 2. in-house trainings (Machine learning, SQL/ R/ Python/ Visualization, etc.), 3. financial support for most of the well known external certifications 4. free food 5. cab (used for office commute) reimbursements 6. Quick turnaround and support for all HR/logisitcs/IT issues 7. Consideration (to max possible extent, see cons) towards employee's work life balance 8. Amazing rigour of... client deliverables (good for Fractal and clients but sometimes a con for employee)

Cons

1. Somewhat old laptops - although last I heard was there were upgrade plans 2. Being in a client facing role sometimes has its own problems - like tight deadlines, occasional overkill on deliverable quality/compliance - this causes a work life imbalance sometimes, but this is not a fault of Fractal, rather the nature of industry I believe. In fact, I feel Fractal manages its employees much better than any other... analytics consulting firm in India. I wrote this in cons section only because occasional work-life-imbalance is a con, but it is not Fractal's ownership. 3. Middle management - This is a real con. Many a times I felt the pursuit of being-best undermines employee's stress. Managers unnecessarily over commit on timelines / deliverables. and that puts stress on all involved including manager! 4. Pay scale - I think this is biggest con! My payscale was ok, but I seriously felt my team mates were under payed (I do not / did not know their salaries, but they had long pending concerns over salary hikes). Apart from low salaries, there was no significant issues, but they left the company. For a company like Fractal, who has potential to lead Indian industry, this is really a petty thing. People are more important than money! AND you also make money, please keep your employees a bit more pampered. 5. All-in for clients - Fractal is consulting firm so it is expected to go all-in for clients! But, it also has a potential of doing in-house R&D, publications, patents. Again, as industry leader, Fractal should put more focus on R&D 6. No gym (at least in Bengaluru office) / shower facilities

Advice to Management

1. Increase salaries of consultants/analysts/data scientists and their corresponding senior roles. 2. Middle management should be more cognizant towards not over-committing and employee work life balance 3. Put more focus on R&D (Folks from AIML should not be put on client facing roles permanently, occasional is fine), get more patents and publications - this will increase the brand value and brand respect.

Fractal Analytics2019-07-23