Fragomen Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Great firm"

Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fragomen Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My experience at Fragomen has been great. There is real sense of teamwork. The attorneys and staff really work together rather than competing with one another. The partners are also really great supervisors. They are supportive and seek out opportunities for young associates. They also encourage pro bono. It really is a wonderful place to work.

Cons

The hours can be long, especially during cap season, but that's to be expected.

Advice to Management

We need to hire more paralegals more quickly.

Jul 21, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. As head of recruiting here, rest assured we're doing all we can to identify and attract new staff to support our growing business needs. We're in a niche area, and few... More

2. "Not bad at all"

Current Employee - Assistant Paralegal in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Paralegal in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Fragomen Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy job to get it you prove you want it.

Helpful co-workers.

Beautiful office view.

Great package if it's your first rodeo for salaried position.

Lax on personal behavior. Just be kind. Personable managerial staff and awesome partner.

The more you prove you can handle work the more job security you have. Be eager! It's a job.

Ask the people who have been there a while--they're making pretty good money for a position that doesn't require a law degree.

Looks fine on your resume.

Can trend your career path towards office work which is vastly easier than what most people are forced to do for a living.

Can spend a long time there with stable employment prospects, if you want it.

*Great* opportunity for humanities majors.

Peaceful.

Cons

Minimal formal training. You learn on the job, and quickly. This is balanced by the patience your co-workers will have for you.

Micromanagement is what I expect for working in law; not a fluke of you don't have a law background.

That's it.

Advice to Management

I work for a good team with very personable management. So far, they're the best bosses I've had.

Make your other teams function like the one I was lucky to get placed in.

Jul 21, 2017

Thanks for your feedback, and I'm glad you feel that Fragomen is a great "first rodeo" for many fresh graduates or entry level employers - we agree! We've recently revised our onboarding and... More

3. "Associate Experience"

I worked at Fragomen Worldwide full-time

Pros

competitive pay and good company resources

Cons

high volume and long hours

4. "Awesome"

Pros

Supportive peers, very interesting work

Cons

Cannot think of anything at this time

"Frugal & Oppresive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fragomen Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learning opportunities, the people, free carbs on Fridays (donuts or bagels), generous PTO allowance, 37.5 hour work week, and opportunities to earn overtime.

Cons

Seniority outweighs merit every time. Training is subpar - they expect you to teach yourself from examples. The most frugal administration: attempts to cancel the firm holiday party, no complimentary tampons in bathrooms, suspect catered lunches, no bonuses, understaffing. Women are asked to be quiet and submissive. Minorities are marginalized: not a single non-white attorney, and the Partners are unable to differentiate between minorities, often mistaking one black man for another. Abusive managers are rewarded with new hires every time they scare off a paralegal, with no efforts to correct the root cause of poor retention.

Advice to Management

As long as you focus on recruiting millennials, you must modernize, and learn to reward those who work the hardest. Stop running the business like it's 2007, as if people have no where better to go. Incentivize employees.

6. "Great portfolio of offerings to their clients"

I have been working at Fragomen Worldwide full-time

Pros

Excellent benefits, positive team environment, solid network of knowledgeable staff

Cons

No ability to work remotely- but not unusual for a law firm environment

"Avoid if you can help it."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Fragomen Worldwide full-time

Pros

Frequent food in the kitchen.

Cons

Poor management, frequent miscommunication, unprofessional conduct, social homogeneity, toxic overworking culture.

8. "Assistant Paralegal 1"

Former Employee - Assistant Parelegal I in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Parelegal I in New York, NY

I worked at Fragomen Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You learn a great deal amount in regards to immigration. Additionally, all of the employees are very helpful. The pay was also decent.

Cons

The work is very repetitive. Additionally, there is not much collaboration during a work day.

9. "Interesting place to work."

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Fragomen Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Family atmosphere with generally nice people.
    - Some offices regularly host fun employee events.
    - There is potential for the firm (but it needs to be lead the right way).

Cons

- Many functions/teams operate in a silo and do not communicate with others nor consider worldwide impact when making decisions. Little to no alignment among departments.
    - Some senior leaders have carte blanche to do whatever they want.
    - A lot of issues with people not being on the same page.
    - Technology is behind the times.
    - Lack of real leaders and A players to drive change and transformation.
    - Overall compensation does not seem competitive with the market.
    - Service (time) with the company is given greater importance over a contributor today and potential for future.
    - Annual review process is can be very one sided and doesn't seem to be taken seriously by everyone.

Advice to Management

Improve the overall compensation package (base pay, benefits, etc.) for employees.

Jul 21, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and comments as to our opportunities for improvement. I will try and respond to most of them in order - here goes... - We're constantly looking at ways for our teams and... More

"Corrosive and Oppressive Workplace"

I worked at Fragomen Worldwide full-time

Pros

Time off and some great co-workers

Cons

Anything you say can and will be held against you; and brought up, often ambiguously at staff meetings. Non stop production is expected as in a factory. There's never any praise given for the work (except for the favored few). The same does not hold true for errors, which are dealt with swiftly and severely. There's no accountability from management when something goes wrong, and employees cannot count on HR for anything. Ridicule, bullying, pettiness, retaliation and favoritism are all tactics used by management. The latter refers to having a "good attitude" when you grin and put up with all levels of unfairness or whatever else you're dealt without a word. Morale is very low and communication is not valued. The New York and Houston offices have particularly poor reputations for treatment of employees.

Advice to Management

Employees are professionals who should be accorded the respect and courtesy you expect to receive. They possess various skills of varying degrees - discover them, improve and capitalize on them and show support if you don't want things to keep going downhill. Lastly, oppression does not earn respect. Just the opposite.