Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
John Finan, Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Clinic access rep/front desk clerk"

Former Employee - Clinic Access Representative in Gonzales, LA
    Former Employee - Clinic Access Representative in Gonzales, LA

I worked at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers and providers. Good pay.

Cons

Limits on PTO and ability to use

2. "Patient Access Rep"

I worked at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System full-time

Pros

good benefits, good hours, large company

Cons

lack of communication from managers. low pay

Advice to Management

don't assume everyone knows changes

3. "Unit Coordinator"

Current Employee - Unit Clerk in Gonzales, LA
    Current Employee - Unit Clerk in Gonzales, LA

I have been working at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, a lot of great people, and there is some opportunity to advance

Cons

Terrible pay, indecisive management, poor morale in some departments, over emphasis on patient surveys, and reactive hiring .

Advice to Management

Don't wait until morale is low to increase staffing. Pay more. Seriously, there are knowledgeable people leaving positions like telemetry monitoring to find better wages at grocery stores.

4. "Different"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Pros

Good accountability, teamwork, work ethics. Good mission statement. They do take measures to try to avoid laying off staff, though not always the right measures.

Cons

Very few holidays, poor work life balance, staff undervalued. For example: this year, employees are being forced to use their PTO days on unpaid holidays, they have been gradually cutting employee benefits like this the last few years (ex: we lost 1 PTO day a year starting last year). Transparency with staff not the greatest (on what's going on behind the scenes).
    Very stuck in some old school mentalities- they miss opportunities to use their performers and reward them.
    Lots of people waiting to retire or doing the job of several people, so quality suffers.
    Night shift at the ER - terrible attitudes of nursing staff toward other employees and patients. This is an easily solved issue for a leader committed to working those night shifts, getting out on the floor, talking to staff and patients REGULARLY and addressing the issues.

Advice to Management

Making your employees feel valued is like making your spouse feel valued - it doesn't happen on its own - it's deliberate and takes work.
    Stop trying to get your employees to do the jobs of more and more people. (Including management). It's better to do a few things very well than a lot of things poorly.
    Staff appropriately and ensure hiring managers have the skill set to interview and hire for the position being filled (IOW: hiring managers should have a clear and common understanding of the position responsibilities + have 1 or 2 people who work in the department and / or have done the job, on the hiring committee). It hurts the new hire, the department, the organization and ultimately our patients when a new hire is a bad fit for the position. A real morale killer, too.

5. "Horrible place to work"

I worked at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System full-time

Pros

There is nothing positive about working for this company.

Cons

Very poor executive leadership. They do not listen to the needs of the employees or customers. They operate reactive to daily problems instead of proactive to prevent problems. The pay is very poor. They treat you like you are nothing. Health benefits are very high, which seems backwards considering they are a healthcare company. Leadership will not have your back if there is an issue with your work and they will lie about you if it means saving their self. Human Resources does nothing when you seek their help with these issues. Human Resources also does not practice confidentiality.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like human beings.

6. "Analyst"

Pros

Christian environment with people that care.

Cons

Too many levels in the organization. It can be hard to get things accomplished.

7. "Systems Analyst 1"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Baton Rouge, LA

Pros

Christian atmosphere, family environment.

Cons

Pay is very low for experience and ethnicity.

Advice to Management

Pay rate should be based on experience not friendship

"Nightmare"

Current Employee - Analyst in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

co-workers were very nice - helpful

Cons

Management does not understand reality about how long it takes to process routine tasks. More worried about quantity than quality of service! People should matter!

Advice to Management

People matter and is what provides business for this organization; employees are people, too, and employees process the processes (the lifeblood of any company) - necessary to keep the company solvent BUT management focuses on unrealistic goals -- cramming too much work into way too little time while constant micro-managing!
    This cause a very high turnover of employees - and a constant need for training new staff members. Those in charge REALLY NEED to better understand actual workload processes (i.e. how can someone manage a department when they have never done the job themselves; they have no true/realistic gage of how long it takes to do any part of the project/work)!

"Poor Management"

I worked at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System full-time

Pros

Meeting new people is all I can say.

Cons

Management abuses authority and doestrogen not care about employees.

Advice to Management

Listen. And respect your employees. The turnaround rate might drop.

"Mixed"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Lafayette, LA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Lafayette, LA

Pros

Fast Paced Environment with great team members, Great place to learn new technology move up fast. They spend their money on technology never felt that they don't have the hardware/software to do my job or resolve an issue.

Cons

Management does not communicate well. They spend more on technology than they do on their people thus there is high turnover when an employee can leave and make 20-30% more. Health benefits are below average. Understaffed.

Advice to Management

Communicate better to your employees and pay them more, listen to what your employees want communicate why you are changing things before rather after you announce a change. Your employees are over worked