Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
John Finan, Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Clinic access rep/front desk clerk"

Former Employee - Clinic Access Representative in Gonzales, LA
    Former Employee - Clinic Access Representative in Gonzales, LA

I worked at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers and providers. Good pay.

Cons

Limits on PTO and ability to use

2. "Great Team to work for but, still needs more staff"

Current Employee - IS Helpdesk Analyst in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - IS Helpdesk Analyst in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management, willing to work with you. They understand people have families and emergencies that come with them. They feed you often, contest, have lots of giveaways and, events to bring families.

Cons

I worked in the IS Support Center. They honestly need more staff. One of the biggest complaints I heard was from customers having to wait because techs are all busy on calls.

Advice to Management

Lets the ISSC hire at the very least 3 more techs. More so with the fact you are building an entire new Children's Hospital and keep adding additional facilities.

"Denials Aduitor 2"

Current Employee - Denial Auditor II in Lafayette, LA
    Current Employee - Denial Auditor II in Lafayette, LA

I have been working at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The flexibility of the work schedule.

Cons

Too many untrained managers being hired based on who they know and not what they know.

Advice to Management

Treat all your employees fairly.

"Could Be Better"

Current Employee - AP Clerk in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - AP Clerk in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Stable organization; flex schedule; always busy

Cons

Pay could be way better; Tend to hire more new people, than promote from within; Need more staff as the workload can be taxing; raises are not great

Advice to Management

Promote more within; raise base salaries; moral is decreasing

"Fun people, you can learn quality troubleshooting skills"

Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Baton Rouge, LA

Pros

The people you work with. Helpful coworkers. Management down to earth, easy/fun to talk to

Cons

Not a lot of room to grow. The ticket grading system. Lot of responsibility without pay compensation.

"Slavery at its Finest"

Current Employee - FMOLHS Senior Service Division in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - FMOLHS Senior Service Division in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System part-time

Pros

It's a legal paying job

Cons

License constantly in jeopardy. Always shortstaffed. Management are "too educated" to help on floor and are only worried about their "end of the year bonus" for saving the company money by cutting care costs. No type of morality displayed by administration or executives. Company is ran on greed!

Advice to Management

Develop/establish a relationship with God. Open your eyes and realize that your greed for money is contributing to the immoral and unethical decisions being made. All the money in the world can't save you at the end when you close your eyes for the last time

7. "Patient Access Rep"

I worked at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System full-time

Pros

good benefits, good hours, large company

Cons

lack of communication from managers. low pay

Advice to Management

don't assume everyone knows changes

8. "Unit Coordinator"

Current Employee - Unit Clerk in Gonzales, LA
    Current Employee - Unit Clerk in Gonzales, LA

Pros

Good benefits, a lot of great people, and there is some opportunity to advance

Cons

Terrible pay, indecisive management, poor morale in some departments, over emphasis on patient surveys, and reactive hiring .

Advice to Management

Don't wait until morale is low to increase staffing. Pay more. Seriously, there are knowledgeable people leaving positions like telemetry monitoring to find better wages at grocery stores.

9. "Different"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Pros

Good accountability, teamwork, work ethics. Good mission statement. They do take measures to try to avoid laying off staff, though not always the right measures.

Cons

Very few holidays, poor work life balance, staff undervalued. For example: this year, employees are being forced to use their PTO days on unpaid holidays, they have been gradually cutting employee benefits like this the last few years (ex: we lost 1 PTO day a year starting last year). Transparency with staff not the greatest (on what's going on behind the scenes).
    Very stuck in some old school mentalities- they miss opportunities to use their performers and reward them.
    Lots of people waiting to retire or doing the job of several people, so quality suffers.
    Night shift at the ER - terrible attitudes of nursing staff toward other employees and patients. This is an easily solved issue for a leader committed to working those night shifts, getting out on the floor, talking to staff and patients REGULARLY and addressing the issues.

Advice to Management

Making your employees feel valued is like making your spouse feel valued - it doesn't happen on its own - it's deliberate and takes work.
    Stop trying to get your employees to do the jobs of more and more people. (Including management). It's better to do a few things very well than a lot of things poorly.
    Staff appropriately and ensure hiring managers have the skill set to interview and hire for the position being filled (IOW: hiring managers should have a clear and common understanding of the position responsibilities + have 1 or 2 people who work in the department and / or have done the job, on the hiring committee). It hurts the new hire, the department, the organization and ultimately our patients when a new hire is a bad fit for the position. A real morale killer, too.

"Horrible place to work"

I worked at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System full-time

Pros

There is nothing positive about working for this company.

Cons

Very poor executive leadership. They do not listen to the needs of the employees or customers. They operate reactive to daily problems instead of proactive to prevent problems. The pay is very poor. They treat you like you are nothing. Health benefits are very high, which seems backwards considering they are a healthcare company. Leadership will not have your back if there is an issue with your work and they will lie about you if it means saving their self. Human Resources does nothing when you seek their help with these issues. Human Resources also does not practice confidentiality.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like human beings.