Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System Reviews | Glassdoor

John Finan, Jr.

1. "Systems Analyst 1"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Christian atmosphere, family environment.

Cons

Pay is very low for experience and ethnicity.

Advice to Management

Pay rate should be based on experience not friendship

"Nightmare"

Current Employee - Analyst in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

co-workers were very nice - helpful

Cons

Management does not understand reality about how long it takes to process routine tasks. More worried about quantity than quality of service! People should matter!

Advice to Management

People matter and is what provides business for this organization; employees are people, too, and employees process the processes (the lifeblood of any company) - necessary to keep the company solvent BUT management focuses on unrealistic goals -- cramming too much work into way too little time while constant micro-managing!
    This cause a very high turnover of employees - and a constant need for training new staff members. Those in charge REALLY NEED to better understand actual workload processes (i.e. how can someone manage a department when they have never done the job themselves; they have no true/realistic gage of how long it takes to do any part of the project/work)!

"Mixed"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Lafayette, LA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Lafayette, LA

Pros

Fast Paced Environment with great team members, Great place to learn new technology move up fast. They spend their money on technology never felt that they don't have the hardware/software to do my job or resolve an issue.

Cons

Management does not communicate well. They spend more on technology than they do on their people thus there is high turnover when an employee can leave and make 20-30% more. Health benefits are below average. Understaffed.

Advice to Management

Communicate better to your employees and pay them more, listen to what your employees want communicate why you are changing things before rather after you announce a change. Your employees are over worked

"Mixed"

Former Employee - Infrastructure Architect in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Infrastructure Architect in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Large enterprise organization with exposure to new technologies. Sufficient backup if you need help. Flexible work schedule. Hit or miss training.

Cons

Leadership can be out of touch on new technologies. A good bit of legacy employees who may not be interested in learning new things.

6. "Great caring, people...great place to make a career!"

Current Employee - Decision Support Analyst in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Decision Support Analyst in Baton Rouge, LA

Pros

So far, all the people I work with seem very caring and honest! My boss and co-workers have been so supportive and helpful! This is a great place to work and the spirit of caring is very strong!

Cons

Not as many holidays or paid time off as my old job, but the job I'm doing now might help make a difference and that matters!

"Everyone HATES working here..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Pros

Very few pros... benefits and insurance, retirement, cafeteria, mission based company

Cons

There is so much turnover at FMOL - half of the HR staff have left or transferred because it's such a bad place to work at the moment. Nurses and clinical staff are underpaid, increases are arbitrary... Try to negotiate as much as you can for wages upfront, because the merit increases are only 1-2% (3% if you're amazing)...

Advice to Management

Get real about what you're saying and what you're living - stop lying to your employees!

8. "Terrible management and work life balance"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System (More than 5 years)

Pros

The overarching goals of the missionary are commendable

Cons

I witnessed bad management that constantly made terrible, wasteful decisions as well as discrimination. Many supervisors and managers are not qualified to be in their positions; they are hired and promoted based on culture. Not a good place or environment to work in.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Manager in Baton Rouge, LA

Pros

Stability. They tend too keep staff regardless of performance, so you're employed if ou choose to stay.

Cons

Management absolutely not qualified and horrible.

Advice to Management

Treat employees as human beings.

"Growing by leaps and bounds"

Former Employee - Louisiana in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Louisiana in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System (More than 10 years)

Pros

The mission statement of FMOLHS is to serve those most in need and this hospital system does just that. FMOLHS cares about the staff and recognizes the hospitals achievements. I really enjoyed working at the System.

Cons

Their medical insurance benefit is not as well as you expect for a company of this size. Pay could be better and the pat answer is "the labor market surveys state we are within the acceptable rate of pay for our area". Maybe so, but if you want employee retention, pay better. Some of the supervisors need to management training. In a work environment where communication is key, there is information not being passed or not making sure both parties understand the information.

Advice to Management

Teach supervisors and directors to delegate better. Some of the directors are so overworked, they don't have time to communicate effectively with their staff. Further, increase communications between departments.

"Dreadful Experience"

Former Employee - ER Technician in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - ER Technician in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A wonderful opportunity to care for people, when they are most in need.

Cons

I worked as an ER Technician in the emergency room at Our Lady Of The Lake Regional Medical Center for (2) years. Some of the nurses that I worked under where kind, caring professionals, but most where lazy, mean spirited and uncaring. I know for a fact, we lost several patients in the ER, as a result of this lack of care. I also felt constantly discriminated against because of my age (50+), and my race (African American).

Advice to Management

Please hire people who will follow the principles of your wonderful name sake: Saint Francis of Assisi.