Frank Recruitment Group Reviews

Frank Recruitment Group CEO James Lloyd Townshend
James Lloyd Townshend
  1. Featured Review
    COVID-19

"No other company I would rather work for."

Current Employee - L & D Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A company that sticks to its promises in terms of a rewarding career. A great place to work you way up the ladder. One of the best work environments I have ever experienced. Managers who want the best for you, they only succeed if you do! Supportive management both professionally and personally. A company that demonstrates flexibility with the times and handled the Covid-19 situation admirably. They work hard to provide a work place that respects diversity and promotes equality.

Cons

Well - you can't have a 'work hard play hard' environment if you don't want to work hard.

August 6, 2020Employee Engagement Director

Thank you for sharing such positive feedback with us, its great to hear that your enjoying being part of the FRG family. I also really appreciate you sharing your thoughts our reaction to the Covid-19 pandemic, I will be sure to pass this onto our senior leadership team. We are hugely proud of our employees and the work ethic that they have demonstrated during this incredibly tough period. If you have any suggestions or ideas on how we can Go Beyond and make FRG even better please reach out to me directly at g.casas@frankgroup.com In the meantime stay safe, take care and hopefully with lockdown starting to ease we will be able to welcome you back to our Phoenix office shortly.

2. "i loved it there"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

if you're looking for a place to grow and learn ALOT. this is your place. i loved working here. mangers are always there for you, its laid back, music on fridays and its casual fridays. they treat their employees well, for example fresh fruits every day are brought in

Cons

kind of. long hours but its expected

June 4, 2020Employee Engagement Director

Thank you for your 5-star review!

3. "Great company to start your career in recruitment"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best in class training, management really wants to see you suceed and are always available to help, fun and friendly culture,they allow you to work independently - you're essentially running your own business

Cons

The bad turnover and clear internal competition over clients does not lead to the best customer service. Some managers are much bettter than others, so that can really affect your experience here. Not the most professional work culture, but this has been improving since my time here.

4. COVID-19

"Be careful"

2.0
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent Culture People want you to do well Good training/learning experience

Cons

I don't know where to start. You are extremely underpaid for the amount of work you put in compared to other agencies. Management lies to you and you are just another number to them. The promotion targets are more so favored for certain people that they like and the way they handled covid was awful. They made everyone take a pay cut and commission cut, which was understandable at first. However, they keep saying they will change it back soon, but it's been months and it hasn't changed. Now they are hiring people again, but still claim they can't change our compensation back! Doesn't make any sense. They just try to brainwash you that this is the best place on Earth and will promise you this dream that only happens to a lucky few. Good place to build your sales skills, but then better off going elsewhere.

5. "Salary"

4.0
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture and environment

Cons

Low pay, changing commission structure

August 6, 2020Employee Engagement Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with FRG. We are glad to hear you enjoy our vibrant culture! We are in the process of reevaluating our commission structure to better suit our employees. If you would like to hear more or share your thoughts, we encourage you to sign up for a 'Buddy Up With the Board' session to discuss further details.

6. "Could be better, could be worse"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

Great Culture, Good Training, Strong Leadership, Decent Commission

Cons

High Pressure, Low Base Salary

August 6, 2020Employee Engagement Director

We welcome the feedback of all former and current employees. We are glad to hear you feel supported through our senior leadership team and enjoy our company culture. In regards to our base salary we are in the works of reviewing a new structure which has been shared with employees. If you're interested in learning more or have any questions, we strongly encourage you to sign up for a 'Buddy Up With The Board' session which occur on a weekly basis. To sign up please email employeeengagement@frankgroup.com. We look forward to bettering FRG with your feedback.

"Unprofessional at best"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

They try their best to make it a fun environment to compensate for being underpaid.

Cons

Staff is underpaid, not a lot of earning potential (only a handful of people do really well), they give you the impression that making 70K+ in your first year is attainable when almost everyone I talked to who has been there 1-3 years makes no more than 45K-47k. Way too many drinking games which sounds fun until the kitchen smells like puke from people barfing in the trash can. Management is tacky and constantly tells you in orientation about how much money they make and what cars they drive (they are the 2% of people who make over 70K in the office). The turn over is insane, you wont recognize anyone after 2 weeks because people are constantly quitting. Go to Aerotek if you want to do recruiting.

"*** WARNING - CALL CENTER - SPAM - DISMAL CAREER OUTLOOK ***"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pros of working here is that they keep alcohol on their desks and they have drinking parties, similar to beer pong and other college drinking games, at least once a month.

Cons

Coming from a seasoned recruiter and business developer that has been in the industry for approximately 10 years, this place is a call center and a turn-and-burn agency. METRICS/KPIs: The company uses HG Insight to import prospect information into Salesforce and the recruiters are required to make 80+ phone calls per day and send 300 emails per day in their designated territory. Next, you'll track those calls and emails to see who has opened those emails and then call them; you can easily make 400 calls per day. After you've completely irritated all the clients in the area, your job is to find some way to close a staffing deal over the phone; never having met the client face-to-face and never determining the needs of the client. You'll post 5 job ads per day and import those candidates into Salesforce. Many of the requisitions listed on job boards and on the FRG website are dead requisitions, meaning that those jobs really isn't available. A candidate applies and now you have their contact information to hammer those people as candidates and as prospective clients. You're required to upload all your contacts into Salesforce as part of your daily KPI metrics. WORK-LIFE BALANCE: Because they're a British-owned company, you'll never be given the opportunity to work from home, thanks to GDPR privacy laws. BUT...if you're in the boy's club, you can work from anywhere. Also, you can't access your email outside the office, which requires you to be in the office to respond to those 300+ emails you sent that morning. FULL DESK, HALF-CYCLE RECRUITMENT: You will be doing the recruiting and the business development, but you don't make the hiring decision. Recruiters, if they legitimately own the account, makes the hiring decision. You don't at FRG. Why would anyone run a full desk to cut their commission to this company? If you're developing the business and you're recruiting on your own accounts, you might as well take out a line of credit or payroll funding to fund your own payroll, unless you're doing direct hires only. LONG HOURS: Speaking of being in the office, this company requires you to work excruciatingly extended hours, under the guise of being able to keep you there because you're a salaried employee. Eventually, someone will sue them and have all 2000+ employees reclassified as hourly workers. Salary means that some weeks you work 35 hours and other weeks you might work 50 hours, but it balances out. You will ALWAYS work more than 40 hours at FRG. PAY & COMMISSION: Absolute Garbage. You will be living paycheck-to-paycheck while you hire tech talent making $135,000 - $300,000 per year. Good luck countering FRG's offer. MEETINGS: Garbage. Morning meetings, afternoon meetings, nightly meetings; meeting to go over call logs, meeting to go over KPIs, meeting to discuss the next meeting, meeting to see how many accounts you're going to sell that week, meeting, meeting, meeting. Oh, did you make 100 calls today between all these meetings and did you screen 10 candidates today? One candidate screening takes a minimum of 20 minutes. Well, time for the next meeting. Did I get those dead requisitions posted? I guess I'll do that after this meeting. TRAINING: Garbage. You learn how to spam candidates and clients. You basically bombard them with emails and calls until they tell you to stop calling them, at which time you still call them because they didn't go through the proper GDPR protocols to have their information removed from Salesforce. CAREER OUTLOOK: Not good. I don't think Frank Recruitment Group knows the reputation they have. After leaving the company and disseminating my resume to prospective employers, they laughed at FRG and wanted to know why I made the mistake of working there. I was very embarrassed, but I understood what they meant. Many of the recruiters that work for FRG have never worked for other recruitment agencies, so they don't know anything else besides the FRG way of spamming the market. BRANDING & TERRITORY: FRG has over 2000 recruiters worldwide under different "brands". Your biggest competition will be those 2000 recruiters that are selling different technologies in your market. Under the umbrella of Frank Recruitment Group, there's Anderson Frank, Mason Frank, Nigel Frank, Washington Frank, FRG Technology, Nelson Frank, and Jefferson Frank. Each "brand" sells a different Technology. Nigel Frank sells Microsoft Azure talent, Jefferson Frank sells AWS talent, etc. They assign you a brand in an attempt to prevent you from cross-selling other technologies and receiving commission on those sales. ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT & OWNERSHIP: Here's the kicker. You never really own an account at Frank Recruitment Group and you'll never be given accounts to manage. Remember, HG Insights imports client data into Salesforce. Your job is to build on what HG Insights deposited into Salesforce. You're required to upload 5 brand new contacts into Salesforce per day, despite what HG Insights has already uploaded; you're building an organization chart. FRG owns the account. Keep in mind there are other "brands" under the umbrella of FRG that can also sell their technologies to the account that you closed. So, after you've built a relationship with the client and they're ready to buy, here comes a recruiter in England or Germany or New York or Tampa, hammering your client for their business also. Like I said, your biggest competition will be other recruiters in the company. NON-COMPETE & LEAVING FRG: A non-compete clause must have a time limit and a territory, generally up to 2 years and 100 miles of your designated sales territory. A word to the wise, FRG's non-compete has none of those stipulations. Their non-compete attempts to eradicate you from the staffing industry altogether. No judge will uphold their non-compete. TPG CAPITAL: Frank Recruitment Group was in so much debt that TPG Capital came in the purchase the debts of the company. If TPG Capital divests itself of this company, they would be much better off.

Continue reading

"You need a good manager to survive"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company really kickstarts a career in sales so if that's what you're looking for, some of the best recruiters in the industry work here.

Cons

if you're NOT looking for sales, this isn't the role for you. You REALLY need a good manager to succeed otherwise it's sink or swim, but a good manager changes everything

Continue reading

"If you're a Person of Color DO NOT APPLY"

1.0
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Frat culture if you're into that. They play favorites and since all the higher ups are white men... well you do the math. VERY monolithic so if you're a straight white man this is the place for you!

Cons

Massive lack of diversity. In the NY office there were a total of MAYBE 6 black people. The micro and macro aggressions and outright sexism and racism is disgusting and HR just tries to wipe them under the rug. Whatever diversity they talk about comes from the white women they hire. There are no people of color in leadership and it shows in how they do their hires. essentially if it it ain't white it ain't right. They try to talk about diversity initiatives and yet there are 0.00 tangeable results. It took days of emails for them to even utter the words "Black Lives Matter" and even that sounded like they were being held at gunpoint to do so from their scripted speech to appease everyone. Besides that, hours are long, leaving before 6:00pm is frowned upon and they rarely if ever approve any overtime requests. even if you get in at 7:30am and work until 7:00pm. Even the unlimited compensation structure they offer isn't what you think. most of the time getting less that 10% of what you get for the company and what you put into your managers pockets.

August 7, 2020Employee Engagement Director

We take discrimination in all forms very seriously in line with our zero-tolerance policy and are deeply concerned to hear you mention racism and sexism in your review. Throughout the month of June we released weekly communication in line with the evolving situation surrounding the Black Lives Matter movement stating our support for the cause and offering assistance to our employees. This included providing lists of suggested educational materials, recommended donation causes and access to supportive resources for adults and children to improve their awareness on both racial equality and LGBTQ+ matters, all as part of the ongoing Diversity Matters project that was introduced at the start of 2020. In addition, we launched a confidential whistle-blowing service encouraging employees to report any instances of derogatory behaviour anonymously with an external partner, and vow to act on any reports as part of our zero-tolerance policy against all forms of discrimination. We also sought out and published contributions from our employees on these and other diversity topics following on from our inaugural Smart Women Week earlier this year to support gender equality both internally at FRG and within our industry, and are delighted to continue these features as part of our employee newsletters and podcasts. As was announced in our half-year meeting at the start of July, we are looking forward to launching our Diversity Matters Employee Resource Groups in the second half of 2020 and are continuing to add to our Diversity Awareness Calendar every month. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer in line with our Core Values and continue to promote our Diversity Matters project at the forefront of our company mission.

Found 1013 reviews