Frank Recruitment Group Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Aug 4, 2020

3.7
Frank Recruitment Group CEO James Lloyd Townshend
James Lloyd Townshend
Cons

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "i loved it there"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

if you're looking for a place to grow and learn ALOT. this is your place. i loved working here. mangers are always there for you, its laid back, music on fridays and its casual fridays. they treat their employees well, for example fresh fruits every day are brought in

Cons

kind of. long hours but its expected

Employee Engagement Director

Thank you for your 5-star review!

"*** WARNING - CALL CENTER - SPAM - DISMAL CAREER OUTLOOK ***"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pros of working here is that they keep alcohol on their desks and they have drinking parties, similar to beer pong and other college drinking games, at least once a month.

Cons

Coming from a seasoned recruiter and business developer that has been in the industry for approximately 10 years, this place is a call center and a turn-and-burn agency. METRICS/KPIs: The company uses HG Insight to import prospect information into Salesforce and the recruiters are required to make 80+ phone calls per day and send 300 emails per day in their designated territory. Next, you'll track those calls and emails to see who has opened those emails and then call them; you can easily make 400 calls per day. After you've completely irritated all the clients in the area, your job is to find some way to close a staffing deal over the phone; never having met the client face-to-face and never determining the needs of the client. You'll post 5 job ads per day and import those candidates into Salesforce. Many of the requisitions listed on job boards and on the FRG website are dead requisitions, meaning that those jobs really isn't available. A candidate applies and now you have their contact information to hammer those people as candidates and as prospective clients. You're required to upload all your contacts into Salesforce as part of your daily KPI metrics. WORK-LIFE BALANCE: Because they're a British-owned company, you'll never be given the opportunity to work from home, thanks to GDPR privacy laws. BUT...if you're in the boy's club, you can work from anywhere. Also, you can't access your email outside the office, which requires you to be in the office to respond to those 300+ emails you sent that morning. FULL DESK, HALF-CYCLE RECRUITMENT: You will be doing the recruiting and the business development, but you don't make the hiring decision. Recruiters, if they legitimately own the account, makes the hiring decision. You don't at FRG. Why would anyone run a full desk to cut their commission to this company? If you're developing the business and you're recruiting on your own accounts, you might as well take out a line of credit or payroll funding to fund your own payroll, unless you're doing direct hires only. LONG HOURS: Speaking of being in the office, this company requires you to work excruciatingly extended hours, under the guise of being able to keep you there because you're a salaried employee. Eventually, someone will sue them and have all 2000+ employees reclassified as hourly workers. Salary means that some weeks you work 35 hours and other weeks you might work 50 hours, but it balances out. You will ALWAYS work more than 40 hours at FRG. PAY & COMMISSION: Absolute Garbage. You will be living paycheck-to-paycheck while you hire tech talent making $135,000 - $300,000 per year. Good luck countering FRG's offer. MEETINGS: Garbage. Morning meetings, afternoon meetings, nightly meetings; meeting to go over call logs, meeting to go over KPIs, meeting to discuss the next meeting, meeting to see how many accounts you're going to sell that week, meeting, meeting, meeting. Oh, did you make 100 calls today between all these meetings and did you screen 10 candidates today? One candidate screening takes a minimum of 20 minutes. Well, time for the next meeting. Did I get those dead requisitions posted? I guess I'll do that after this meeting. TRAINING: Garbage. You learn how to spam candidates and clients. You basically bombard them with emails and calls until they tell you to stop calling them, at which time you still call them because they didn't go through the proper GDPR protocols to have their information removed from Salesforce. CAREER OUTLOOK: Not good. I don't think Frank Recruitment Group knows the reputation they have. After leaving the company and disseminating my resume to prospective employers, they laughed at FRG and wanted to know why I made the mistake of working there. I was very embarrassed, but I understood what they meant. Many of the recruiters that work for FRG have never worked for other recruitment agencies, so they don't know anything else besides the FRG way of spamming the market. BRANDING & TERRITORY: FRG has over 2000 recruiters worldwide under different "brands". Your biggest competition will be those 2000 recruiters that are selling different technologies in your market. Under the umbrella of Frank Recruitment Group, there's Anderson Frank, Mason Frank, Nigel Frank, Washington Frank, FRG Technology, Nelson Frank, and Jefferson Frank. Each "brand" sells a different Technology. Nigel Frank sells Microsoft Azure talent, Jefferson Frank sells AWS talent, etc. They assign you a brand in an attempt to prevent you from cross-selling other technologies and receiving commission on those sales. ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT & OWNERSHIP: Here's the kicker. You never really own an account at Frank Recruitment Group and you'll never be given accounts to manage. Remember, HG Insights imports client data into Salesforce. Your job is to build on what HG Insights deposited into Salesforce. You're required to upload 5 brand new contacts into Salesforce per day, despite what HG Insights has already uploaded; you're building an organization chart. FRG owns the account. Keep in mind there are other "brands" under the umbrella of FRG that can also sell their technologies to the account that you closed. So, after you've built a relationship with the client and they're ready to buy, here comes a recruiter in England or Germany or New York or Tampa, hammering your client for their business also. Like I said, your biggest competition will be other recruiters in the company. NON-COMPETE & LEAVING FRG: A non-compete clause must have a time limit and a territory, generally up to 2 years and 100 miles of your designated sales territory. A word to the wise, FRG's non-compete has none of those stipulations. Their non-compete attempts to eradicate you from the staffing industry altogether. No judge will uphold their non-compete. TPG CAPITAL: Frank Recruitment Group was in so much debt that TPG Capital came in the purchase the debts of the company. If TPG Capital divests itself of this company, they would be much better off.

Continue reading

"If you're a Person of Color DO NOT APPLY"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Frat culture if you're into that. They play favorites and since all the higher ups are white men... well you do the math. VERY monolithic so if you're a straight white man this is the place for you!

Cons

Massive lack of diversity. In the NY office there were a total of MAYBE 6 black people. The micro and macro aggressions and outright sexism and racism is disgusting and HR just tries to wipe them under the rug. Whatever diversity they talk about comes from the white women they hire. There are no people of color in leadership and it shows in how they do their hires. essentially if it it ain't white it ain't right. They try to talk about diversity initiatives and yet there are 0.00 tangeable results. It took days of emails for them to even utter the words "Black Lives Matter" and even that sounded like they were being held at gunpoint to do so from their scripted speech to appease everyone. Besides that, hours are long, leaving before 6:00pm is frowned upon and they rarely if ever approve any overtime requests. even if you get in at 7:30am and work until 7:00pm. Even the unlimited compensation structure they offer isn't what you think. most of the time getting less that 10% of what you get for the company and what you put into your managers pockets.

Employee Engagement Director

We take discrimination in all forms very seriously in line with our zero-tolerance policy and are deeply concerned to hear you mention racism and sexism in your review. Throughout the month of June we released weekly communication in line with the evolving situation surrounding the Black Lives Matter movement stating our support for the cause and offering assistance to our employees. This included providing lists of suggested educational materials, recommended donation causes and access to supportive resources for adults and children to improve their awareness on both racial equality and LGBTQ+ matters, all as part of the ongoing Diversity Matters project that was introduced at the start of 2020. In addition, we launched a confidential whistle-blowing service encouraging employees to report any instances of derogatory behaviour anonymously with an external partner, and vow to act on any reports as part of our zero-tolerance policy against all forms of discrimination. We also sought out and published contributions from our employees on these and other diversity topics following on from our inaugural Smart Women Week earlier this year to support gender equality both internally at FRG and within our industry, and are delighted to continue these features as part of our employee newsletters and podcasts. As was announced in our half-year meeting at the start of July, we are looking forward to launching our Diversity Matters Employee Resource Groups in the second half of 2020 and are continuing to add to our Diversity Awareness Calendar every month. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer in line with our Core Values and continue to promote our Diversity Matters project at the forefront of our company mission.

"Good company, long hours. Can make better money elsehwere"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with and fun culture

Cons

super long hours. not worth the money

"Terrible racist company that lacks diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities."

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training program does help new Recruiters gain experience and knowledge in the industry.

Cons

Leadership is terrible and creates a hostile work environment. They bully employees into long hours, use unethical practices to produce better job performance, lie about monthly billings (committing fraud), belittle woman for showing emotion and fast track white male employees to management. HR is nonexistent and try to throw money at problems when issues arise. I have witnessed leadership use racial slurs, drugs and sexually harass staff in the office during normal business hours. This environment is only appealing to someone who wants to live out a wolf of Wall Street fantasy which is most of the leaderships favorite movie.....shocker! The CEO is a prime example of why this still continues today. He is very homophobic and instead of removing him, they will no longer allow him at company events. This is why another Manager was moved from Philly to Dallas because he had a history of homophobia and sexual assault. It’s very alarming how this company is even allowed to operate.

Employee Engagement Director

We take discrimination in all forms very seriously in line with our zero-tolerance policy and are deeply concerned to hear you mention racism and sexism in your review. Throughout the month of June, we released weekly communication in line with the evolving situation surrounding the Black Lives Matter movement stating our support for the cause and offering assistance to our employees. This included providing lists of suggested educational materials, recommended donation causes and access to supportive resources for adults and children to improve their awareness on both racial equality and LGBTQ+ matters, all as part of the ongoing Diversity Matters project that was introduced at the start of 2020. In addition, we launched a confidential whistle-blowing service encouraging employees to report any instances of derogatory behavior anonymously with an external partner, and vow to act on any reports as part of our zero-tolerance policy against all forms of discrimination. We also sought out and published contributions from our employees on these and other diversity topics following on from our inaugural Smart Women Week earlier this year to support gender equality both internally at FRG and within our industry, and are delighted to continue these features as part of our employee newsletters and podcasts. As was announced in our half-year meeting at the start of July, we are looking forward to launching our Diversity Matters Employee Resource Groups in the second half of 2020 and are continuing to add to our Diversity Awareness Calendar every month. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer in line with our Core Values and continue to promote our Diversity Matters project at the forefront of our company mission.

"FRG"

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

-no pros at this job

Cons

-mandatory long hours -too much partying -favoritisms

Employee Engagement Director

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your career with Frank Recruitment Group. The recruitment industry can come with long hours and is not for everyone. Best of luck in your new role.

7. "great experience"

4.0
    Former Employee - IT Technical Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

Great company culture, team outing, growth potential, make sure you are set up with a great manager

Cons

long hours, micromanaged, everything else was fine

Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

"Decent Starting Career"

4.0
    Current Employee - Commercial Operations

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good earning potential and culture

Cons

Long hours and a bit of micromanagement

Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for your review!

9. "Great training. Young company. Room to grow"

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

High level sales training program Young company Medical benefits Salary plus commission Room for growth PTO Vacation bonus

Cons

Long hours Takes time to build business Many tasks to complete in a day

Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your career at FRG further!

10. "Amazing Company, Culture & Career Opportunity"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful opportunity to be a part of an amazing company culture. The career growth & potential is very achievable. The management team is extremely helpful & encouraging. If you put in the hard work & determination it will definitely pay off whether it's with company intensives, commission or promotions.

Cons

The only con would be occasional long hours.

Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for your feedback! We love to hear you feel supported through our management teams and that you see great potential. We're lucky to have you on our team!

Found 265 reviews