Frank Recruitment Group Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Sep 16, 2020

3.7
Frank Recruitment Group CEO James Lloyd Townshend
James Lloyd Townshend
Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Current Employee- TRC in Tampa, FL"

5.0
    Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

At FRG, they specialize in making everyone feel at home. Not only does FRG offer an amazing work culture to be part of, but there is so much opportunity for growth! This is not your typical sales job, which is what makes FRG so unique. I joined the company having no background knowledge of what recruiting was, but thanks to their extensive training program, I was given the proper education to excel. FRG offers you the tools to succeed, while giving you the opportunities to grow.

Cons

FRG is not your typical 9-5 job. The hours run before, during, and after business hours to ensure the very best customer service, but this can sometimes be difficult to find a work-life balance. This is not an easy role to take on, and patience is key in this industry, but if you are looking for a career where you are rewarded for your hard work and the time you put in, this is definitely the place for you!

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for your brilliant review! We work hard to develop our employees and offer plenty of training and support to ensure they can excel. We also strongly believe in having a work-life balance and are responsive to employee suggestions. It's great to hear you are enjoying working with us at Frank Recruitment Group - keep up the great work!

2. "Okay Job"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

Young and fun environment. Great training.

Cons

Unorganized at times and lack of work/life balance.

3. COVID-19

"Don't Recommend"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time

Pros

If you are okay with working overtime every week, no work-life balance than you can make good money

Cons

No work-life balance, no guidance, terrible base, negative reinforcement, incentives often fall through, fun atmosphere is gone due to COVID(not their fault), pay & commission cuts and they keep pushing back the date we will get them back, even though they are hiring new people left and right.

Employee Engagement Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. As you are a current employee, we strongly encourage you to discuss these concerns with a senior member of staff or a board member through our buddy up with the board program. We would like to address these concerns and welcome you to reach out at your earlier convenience.

"*** WARNING - CALL CENTER - SPAM - DISMAL CAREER OUTLOOK ***"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pros of working here is that they keep alcohol on their desks and they have drinking parties, similar to beer pong and other college drinking games, at least once a month.

Cons

Coming from a seasoned recruiter and business developer that has been in the industry for approximately 10 years, this place is a call center and a turn-and-burn agency. METRICS/KPIs: The company uses HG Insight to import prospect information into Salesforce and the recruiters are required to make 80+ phone calls per day and send 300 emails per day in their designated territory. Next, you'll track those calls and emails to see who has opened those emails and then call them; you can easily make 400 calls per day. After you've completely irritated all the clients in the area, your job is to find some way to close a staffing deal over the phone; never having met the client face-to-face and never determining the needs of the client. You'll post 5 job ads per day and import those candidates into Salesforce. Many of the requisitions listed on job boards and on the FRG website are dead requisitions, meaning that those jobs really isn't available. A candidate applies and now you have their contact information to hammer those people as candidates and as prospective clients. You're required to upload all your contacts into Salesforce as part of your daily KPI metrics. WORK-LIFE BALANCE: Because they're a British-owned company, you'll never be given the opportunity to work from home, thanks to GDPR privacy laws. BUT...if you're in the boy's club, you can work from anywhere. Also, you can't access your email outside the office, which requires you to be in the office to respond to those 300+ emails you sent that morning. FULL DESK, HALF-CYCLE RECRUITMENT: You will be doing the recruiting and the business development, but you don't make the hiring decision. Recruiters, if they legitimately own the account, makes the hiring decision. You don't at FRG. Why would anyone run a full desk to cut their commission to this company? If you're developing the business and you're recruiting on your own accounts, you might as well take out a line of credit or payroll funding to fund your own payroll, unless you're doing direct hires only. LONG HOURS: Speaking of being in the office, this company requires you to work excruciatingly extended hours, under the guise of being able to keep you there because you're a salaried employee. Eventually, someone will sue them and have all 2000+ employees reclassified as hourly workers. Salary means that some weeks you work 35 hours and other weeks you might work 50 hours, but it balances out. You will ALWAYS work more than 40 hours at FRG. PAY & COMMISSION: Absolute Garbage. You will be living paycheck-to-paycheck while you hire tech talent making $135,000 - $300,000 per year. Good luck countering FRG's offer. MEETINGS: Garbage. Morning meetings, afternoon meetings, nightly meetings; meeting to go over call logs, meeting to go over KPIs, meeting to discuss the next meeting, meeting to see how many accounts you're going to sell that week, meeting, meeting, meeting. Oh, did you make 100 calls today between all these meetings and did you screen 10 candidates today? One candidate screening takes a minimum of 20 minutes. Well, time for the next meeting. Did I get those dead requisitions posted? I guess I'll do that after this meeting. TRAINING: Garbage. You learn how to spam candidates and clients. You basically bombard them with emails and calls until they tell you to stop calling them, at which time you still call them because they didn't go through the proper GDPR protocols to have their information removed from Salesforce. CAREER OUTLOOK: Not good. I don't think Frank Recruitment Group knows the reputation they have. After leaving the company and disseminating my resume to prospective employers, they laughed at FRG and wanted to know why I made the mistake of working there. I was very embarrassed, but I understood what they meant. Many of the recruiters that work for FRG have never worked for other recruitment agencies, so they don't know anything else besides the FRG way of spamming the market. BRANDING & TERRITORY: FRG has over 2000 recruiters worldwide under different "brands". Your biggest competition will be those 2000 recruiters that are selling different technologies in your market. Under the umbrella of Frank Recruitment Group, there's Anderson Frank, Mason Frank, Nigel Frank, Washington Frank, FRG Technology, Nelson Frank, and Jefferson Frank. Each "brand" sells a different Technology. Nigel Frank sells Microsoft Azure talent, Jefferson Frank sells AWS talent, etc. They assign you a brand in an attempt to prevent you from cross-selling other technologies and receiving commission on those sales. ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT & OWNERSHIP: Here's the kicker. You never really own an account at Frank Recruitment Group and you'll never be given accounts to manage. Remember, HG Insights imports client data into Salesforce. Your job is to build on what HG Insights deposited into Salesforce. You're required to upload 5 brand new contacts into Salesforce per day, despite what HG Insights has already uploaded; you're building an organization chart. FRG owns the account. Keep in mind there are other "brands" under the umbrella of FRG that can also sell their technologies to the account that you closed. So, after you've built a relationship with the client and they're ready to buy, here comes a recruiter in England or Germany or New York or Tampa, hammering your client for their business also. Like I said, your biggest competition will be other recruiters in the company. NON-COMPETE & LEAVING FRG: A non-compete clause must have a time limit and a territory, generally up to 2 years and 100 miles of your designated sales territory. A word to the wise, FRG's non-compete has none of those stipulations. Their non-compete attempts to eradicate you from the staffing industry altogether. No judge will uphold their non-compete. TPG CAPITAL: Frank Recruitment Group was in so much debt that TPG Capital came in the purchase the debts of the company. If TPG Capital divests itself of this company, they would be much better off.

Continue reading

"Unprofessional Culture, Poor Work/Life Balance"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

-First Friday & Lunch Club The First Friday of every month, FRG plans an event outside of the workday for employees to go over the highlights of the prior month and spend some time together! Lunch Club is similar but employees must earn their spot in Lunch Club every month based on KPIs. These events are usually happy hours and very fun! -Management There are some great managers in the office who really care about your success. -Denver office space The Denver office is in a great location downtown. Very beautiful office space with great views. The Denver office is also in a WeWork space which can be beneficial for breaking away for a quick break to grab some cold brew from the tap!

Cons

-Upward mobility FRG really promotes the opportunities for upward mobility within the company during the interview process. Throughout my time at this company, I did not see these opportunities come to light very often. It is much harder to be promoted at FRG than they advertise. I was also disappointed on multiple occasions because FRG hired VP and Manager level employees from the outside who were then learning the basics of the company with the new training classes which I think is a red flag due to how much they promote hiring from within. Outside hires (especially in higher-up positions) happened frequently at FRG. -Work/Life Balance FRG has the absolute poorest work/life balance for their employees. Yes, technically, the day ends at 5:30 however employees of all qualification levels are expected (unspoken most times) to stay later. And this isn't just staying late once or twice a week, this is staying late 3-4 times/week until as late as 7pm or 8pm. I also should mention that it is awfully hard to get approved for overtime at FRG. -Unprofessional FRG can be quite unprofessional at times. A few key areas that stuck with me are in both how they treat their clients/candidates as well as flaws in their culture. To keep it brief, FRG encourages their employees to over-dial both clients and candidates. There are so many instances where multiple FRG employees are blowing up the phones of clients/candidates which often times makes them unhappy, yet FRG still encourages it across teams. FRG culture is always changing drastically but its never been consistently that great. Whenever new hiring classes start, FRG will encourage the culture as fun and uplifting but there are many flaws in their culture (Very misogynistic, interesting relationships between employees, and again, terrible work/life balance). -High Turnover Rate The turnover rate at FRG is bad. In my experience, there have been entire hiring classes that are no longer with the company less than 6 months after being hired. I think this is due to the reasons listed above as well as the low base salary.

"Outdated ways"

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group

Pros

-full desk experience -nothing else, not even the bar nights cause it adds a lot of work place drama.

Cons

-KPIs are unachievable, 70 calls a day and 2 hours of phone time, and 150 mailshots a week. Prepared to get blocked. -No work life balance -a lot of fake reviews on here to maintain a 4.0 -turnover rate like you’ve never witness -outdated ways to BD & NFI isn’t doing as well as other companies because of it...smile and dial doesn’t work as well in 2020, cmon now -“managers” cuss at you and are also unprofessional -everyone hooks up with one another and it’s encouraged, single or not single -have to pay to park on an already low base - no meeting clients / candidates face to face - leading by fear - toxic culture overall....so much gossip and lack of respect -not focused on candidate experience or the people aspect of things at all...all about billing - will hire anyone to get people at a seat - no respect for tenure You’re better off going literally anywhere else.

Employee Brand Executive

FRG has a strict policy against the unprofessional actions listed and takes the allegations against its employees concerning violations of the law and its company policies very seriously. FRG requests that this employee contact HR about its concerns so that FRG can fairly investigate them and respond appropriately. Please contact hrus@frankgroup.com or call +1 646-863-7560. FRG is committed to investigating the allegations contained here and putting an end to any misconduct, including taking action against the employees concerned.

7. "Are you a frat star? If not, this job isn't for you!!"

Current Employee - Commercial Operations in Phila, PA

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunities to party, you can make serious money 2-3 years in

Cons

Poor work life balance unless you're incredibly lucky. Cliquey and super fraty.

Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for your feedback. Frank Recruitment Group takes great pride in how much we invest in our employees through constant training sessions, helpful leadership readily available and various reward and incentive opportunities. FRG does not tolerate any frat activities or actions. We kindly ask you to reach out to HRUS@frankgroup.com to talk about these concerns further. Thank you.

8. "FRG"

4.0
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant

I have been working at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Earning Potential - You can make a ton of money here if you come to work everyday with the mindset of getting things done. Promotion Opportunity - You control your destiny here. Targets are set for every promotion and if you hit those targets you get that promotion. Opportunities are yours to grab! Training - I came into this job with no experience and through the amazing training team and leaders here I quickly learned how to be a rock start recruiter. Workplace Environment - Everyone is friendly. I've met a ton of people that have become great friends. Location - Working in downtown Manhattan is great. Tons of bars and tons of restaurants. Work Parties - This company knows how to throw a party. From our every month party to celebrate prior months success, to lunch club where high achievers get to celebrate closing tons of deals, to the end of the year Christmas party that is always at a beautiful venue.

Cons

Work life balance in the beginning is pretty tough. Long hours are needed to get yourself up and running but once you get yourself established it all becomes worth it.

Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying our company culture, opportunity and training programme. If there is anything we can do to support your career further, please let us or your line manager know.

"Team Lead"

Former Employee - Team Lead

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can make great money at a young age

Cons

There is no work-life balance. If you leave the office before a certain time it's frowned upon.

Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for your review. Consultants may choose to stay past 5:30 in order to complete tasks and get ahead of the game. We support a healthy work-life balance and would not frown upon employees for this. We wish you the best of luck in your new role.

10. "Fun work environment long hours"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Frank Recruitment Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

fun work environment and competitve environment

Cons

long hours and work life balance

Employee Brand Executive

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our company culture at Frank Recruitment Group. Unfortunately, long hours and tough KPI's are standard in the recruitment industry. Best of luck in your new role!

Found 91 reviews