Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP Reviews in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Brian M. Kreischer

"Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in San Jose, CA

Pros

Great job experience
    Great pay and resources
    Opportunity to get a realistic look at the accounting profession as a whole and comparable firm's expectation from their associates.

Cons

Doesn't give timely feedback to improve your work
    Passive management style
    There were many instances where I was left with nothing to do because there was not enough work available at the intern level. Was asked to "act busy" on multiple occasions which attributed in critiques on my performance review.

Advice to Management

give timely feedback.

2. "Accounting Manager"

Former Employee - Accounting Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Accounting Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is good. Benefits are great, the higher management are very nice and genuinely care. HR is excellent.

Cons

Unfortunately, The Department I worked for is the worst working environment I have ever worked for in my entire life. Employees are back stabbers and cut each other's throat. The morale was so bad in that department, I had to leave after 3 months.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the Family Office Department. Some managers working there thinks they're God.

It is like being in a fraternity initiation if you are new. You invest in hiring new people... But they ended up quitting because of the people who makes their life a living hell!

The company is great and have good values. I just wish I worked in a different department.

3. "Review"

Current Employee - Senior Associate Assurance and Advisory in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate Assurance and Advisory in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Challenges your personal development and pushes your limits

Cons

I have no issues with this job

Advice to Management

Keep doing what they are doing

5. "Great place to start your accounting career"

Current Employee - Associate in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good culture, mostly good people. Great place to start your accounting career. Lots of room to grow.

Cons

Long hours, management forgets about the new staff and relies on staff to figure it out themselves.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to staff and training employees.

6. "FR&Co"

Current Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The firm has an amazing culture who hire directly from college and devotes a lot of resources to help grow individuals.

Cons

Even though raises are overall pretty good, there is no performance based bonuses to incentive employees to work harder than their peers.

Advice to Management

Put into place a performance based bonus plan in order to incentive employees to work harder. With performance based bonuses it will make employees feel more instant gratification and could potentially increase retention.

7. "Senior Associate"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family mentality when it comes to working with all levels in the firm, transparency in performance and feedback

Cons

Benefits are weak, company is in growing pains, both space-wise and work hours demanded

Advice to Management

be mindful of the area's trends on benefits, and remember that after a few years many of the team members at the company can jump to a company at any time.

"Opportunities to grow and work-life balance"

Current Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA

Pros

Frank, Rimerman allows you to focus on what you are good at and what you enjoy doing. Work-life balance exists here, working from home a day a week or working remotely.

Cons

There is favoritism among certain managers and associates which is seen by the entire team and can sometimes cause problems with other associates not being treated the same.

9. "The hours can be long, but the people are the best, and the benefits are good"

Former Employee - Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people at the company are second to none. They hire the best people out there.
    You learn a lot of technical skills to move to another company after working there - to either stay in public accounting, or move to an industry job.
    The benefits are fantastic.
    They had a lot of social events too throughout the year.

Cons

Main challenge just like most places in public accounting is the hours. Sometimes the culture there doesn't put brakes on people to stop them from working too many hours. The partners need to watch out for their younger staff so they don't burn out.

Advice to Management

Continue to try to stress some balance between work and time off to retain more employees.

10. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Tax Associate in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Tax Associate in San Jose, CA

I worked at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture is one of the best I have ever seen. It is like being a part of a big family here. Every new hire is carefully selected to ensure not only for their accounting skills but also how well they will work with the people specifically at Frank Rimerman.

Cons

There were very few cons for working here. However, I did wish there were some more marquee accounts that I was able to work on that sparked my curiosity more.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you are doing. The culture of the company is its biggest asset when competing to hire fresh grads out of college.

"A great culture for those looking for something special!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Frank, Rimerman +Co., LLP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generally speaking this is a low stress environment compared to other public accounting firms, especially the Big 4!
    Awesome culture in the Firm cascading down from top leadership
    Very competitive salaries, great work environment
    Passionate about helping each employee reach their potential

Cons

Sometimes feels a bit small
    Not many international clients

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and remain true to the FRC mission.