Frankie & Benny's Hostess Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 25, 2019

Found 4 reviews

2.0
Andy McCue
  1. "Good part time alongside studies"

Former Employee - Hostess

I worked at Frankie & Benny's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Customer facing, friendly colleagues, relatively flexible

Cons

0 hour contract, minimum wage, small progression

Frankie & Benny's2019-06-25
  2. "Avoid"

Former Employee - Hostess in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at Frankie & Benny's part-time for less than a year

Pros

There really weren't any at all

Cons

The worst job I've ever had in my life, working in an airport based restaurant, hired with no experience, intensely stressful atmosphere and I've never attempted another job in hospitality since barely made it a week. Had to start a shift late due to a doctors appointment and manager blatantly told me I had to tell her what my doctors appointment was for.

Frankie & Benny's2019-06-18

"Was it really worth it? You decide."

Former Employee - Hostess in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England

I worked at Frankie & Benny's

Pros

Holiday pay, 33% discount, Free meal if worked for 6 hours or more. Not a lot to say about pros. Tips after shift if the waitors haven't gone home already.

Cons

Management from hell!, unorganised workload and hours so expect the unexpected, clearly a lack of empathy and understanding from staff, rude waitors, no social life, don't upset the kitchen or you will have something coming your way, a lot of verbal abuse especially when you're not apart of the "frankies squad" as they call it, "Family" yeah right! Some days you won't get tips I.e work a whole day and work hard helping...

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to take notice of what your staff are saying and doing to other staff I.e BUSSERS and HOST. When a member of staff try's to inform you about the abuse don't ignore it and say don't take any notice because that's not helping anyone.

Frankie & Benny's2016-08-08

"Good for a temporary job"

Former Employee - Hostess in Luton, East of England, England

I worked at Frankie & Benny's full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very fast-paced, so the time goes quick. Also, you get free food and drink, discount at other stores.

Cons

The managers are useless and lazy they allow the waiters to run the shop, boss everybody around and generally mismanage the place. The waiters only care about their tips and their section so they shouldn't have power over the whole restaurant. Also the waiters are rude to customers and other staff and have no patience.

Advice to Management

Control the waiters and waitresses, make sure that they are working for the betterment of the whole restaurant. Don't allow them to bully the hosts, for giving them customers that don't tip well or enough or customers that are messy or don't want to sit in their area.

Frankie & Benny's2016-02-26