Frankie & Benny's "free food" Reviews | Glassdoor

Frankie & Benny's Employee Reviews about "free food"

Updated Jul 20, 2019

Found 157 reviews

Andy McCue
Pros
  • "Great training, friendly team, good support from management, good tips(in 15 reviews)

• "Free food on breaks if you like the food they sell you can put food through and get burgers,pizza and chips etc free(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours poor managed and ugky restrooms(in 16 reviews)

• "Long hours and rota organisation causing frictions along with split shifts(in 11 reviews)

Reviews about "free food"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Frankie and bennys"

Former Employee - Server Assistant in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England

I worked at Frankie & Benny's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food, short hours, friendly staff

Cons

Low pay, hard work, effort

Advice to Management

Higher pay

Frankie & Benny's2019-06-18
  2. "it’s okay"

Current Employee - Server in Sheffield, England

I have been working at Frankie & Benny's part-time for more than a year

Pros

- Most of the staff are lovely - Free food - Keep your own tips - 33% discount in F&Bs as well as discounts in other restaurants - Easy to get back into (I had 6 months out for uni and then went back, and felt like i’d never left)

Cons

- Long, unsociable hours, often with limited breaks - Managers don’t really care about staff - Pay is minimum wage but sometimes it doesn’t seem enough for how demanding it is

Advice to Management

In my experience managers don’t seem to care about their staffs lives outside of work eg.: people struggling with childcare etc, rotas only come out the week before and continue to be changed throughout that week so it’s really difficult to plan anything

Frankie & Benny's2019-04-09

"Good benefits, horrendously managed."

Former Employee - Waiter in Llanelli, Wales

I worked at Frankie & Benny's full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits (at a push, as the food was incredibly hit and miss)

Cons

Atmosphere entirely based on management. Continuously short staffed during busy periods. Lack of communication between management and team members. Management more interested in the free food and having a chat.

Advice to Management

If you advertise a job, it is a wise idea to remain true to the position advertised. Your lack of consideration and sheer ignorance was disgusting. During 10 / 12 hour shifts, I only saw the manger either out the back eating, smoking or sat with customers. Asking staff to "sit around" unpaid is a terrible way of saving hours, send them home and learn to deploy staff more efficiently. It is a wonder you remain open.

Frankie & Benny's2019-03-18
  4. "Good pay but strenuous hours with barely any breaks"

Former Employee - Server/Waiter

I worked at Frankie & Benny's for less than a year

Pros

- pay is good and you get to keep all the tips you earn - free food when on breaks

Cons

- can be expected to work 12-13 hour shifts consecutively with no days off - breaks are not guaranteed, you may have to work 12 hours with no break or only a 30 minute break - rotas can be changed unexpectedly midweek without consulting staff, making it hard to plan around your shifts

Frankie & Benny's2019-01-14

"Well it is a job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, England

I have been working at Frankie & Benny's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food on breaks if you like the food they sell you can put food through and get burgers,pizza and chips etc free. The home and work balance is decent you get random days off a week. Most staff are alright. All the supervisors are great people. Paid fortnightly,payslip emailed in advance also. Better than been unemployed with no money or job searching. The kitchen staff are pleasant.

Cons

10/11 and sometimes 12/13 hour shifts. One of the managers isn't a great person to be around. Minimum wage. Rotas aren't done for the next week until Thursday of the previous week. So little time to plan your life around work as the rota is different every week no set shifts. Rarely receive praise.

Frankie & Benny's2018-05-27

"Hard work but well payed."

Former Employee - Supervisor in Nottingham, England

I worked at Frankie & Benny's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pays well, friendly team, some flexibility with working hours, especially with students, free food, there won't be a dull day.

Cons

Long hour shifts, sometimes doing back to back closing and opening the following day, it operates on voucher/discount philosophy being that the clients are often specially demanding but expecting not to pay. Disorganised at times with lack of standards and discipline.

Advice to Management

Managers should lead by example rather than expect staff to go the extra mile they're not willing to go, and discipline unreliable members of the team.

Frankie & Benny's2018-03-15
    • "Runner/Busser"

I have been working at Frankie & Benny's part-time

Pros

You get free food on your break

Cons

Terrible hours numerous weeks with 0hrs even though contracted 15 a week, food is cooked 50% of the time

Frankie & Benny's2017-08-14

"Ex-waiting staff. Job was good in itself, management giving into horrible customers made it terrible"

Former Employee - Waiter/Waitress in Braintree, England

I worked at Frankie & Benny's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Usually good team spirit, staff get along well Clean atmosphere Upbeat music helps to get in the zone Job role itself is enjoyable

Cons

Newbies get dealt the short straw with guests coming in, normally getting the more difficult ones so more experienced staff get an easy ride Never saw a happy chef - they normally made it hard to have complaints dealt with Management would conveniently forget requested time off "Customer is always right" motto in full effect. Awkward and even nasty customers would be almost rewarded for behaving like that with free...

Advice to Management

Biggest issue was compliance with customer demands as a policy against the better judgement of staff. Even extreme demands and ridiculous complaints would be rewarded as per an outdated policy that loses the company money for a desperate scramble to keep them coming back.

Frankie & Benny's2017-04-21
      • "Great People"

Former Employee - Food Server

I worked at Frankie & Benny's part-time for less than a year

Pros

- Management are genuinely nice - good pay - get free food on breaks

Cons

- don't always get a break, sometimes they genuinely just forget

Frankie & Benny's2017-04-03

"Over worked"

Former Employee - Waitress in Blackpool, England

I worked at Frankie & Benny's full-time for less than a year

Pros

When it was quiet it was a nice atmosphere You get free food on the lunch menu (if they actually give you breaks) The tips are really good - but I've had my tips stolen by another waitress twice which wasn't very good.

Cons

-I worked there from August to October and had one break. One break. That's straight up illegal. I once asked for a break and was refused. - I asked to get some free food from the lunch menu to eat on a break, I was refused both the break and the free food. I only had free food 3 times. Once...

Advice to Management

The staff talk, when you are swearing about the bartender we always told them ahaha! Also - it genuinely is illegal to not give breaks out when you're working long shifts. Hire more staff. Take care of your staff and they won't be quitting left right and centre.

Frankie & Benny's2016-11-30