Frankie & Benny's "rota" Reviews | Glassdoor

Frankie & Benny's Employee Reviews about "rota"

Updated Jul 11, 2019

Found 156 reviews

Andy McCue
Pros
  • "Great training, friendly team, good support from management, good tips(in 15 reviews)

• "Free food on breaks if you like the food they sell you can put food through and get burgers,pizza and chips etc free(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours poor managed and ugky restrooms(in 16 reviews)

• "Long hours and rota organisation causing frictions along with split shifts(in 11 reviews)

Reviews about "rota"

Return to all Reviews

"Well it is a job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, England

I have been working at Frankie & Benny's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food on breaks if you like the food they sell you can put food through and get burgers,pizza and chips etc free. The home and work balance is decent you get random days off a week. Most staff are alright. All the supervisors are great people. Paid fortnightly,payslip emailed in advance also. Better than been unemployed with no money or job searching. The kitchen staff are pleasant.

Cons

10/11 and sometimes 12/13 hour shifts. One of the managers isn't a great person to be around. Minimum wage. Rotas aren't done for the next week until Thursday of the previous week. So little time to plan your life around work as the rota is different every week no set shifts. Rarely receive praise.

Frankie & Benny's2018-05-27
  2. "Frankie&Benny’s"

Current Employee - Bar Tender in Hatfield, East of England, England

I have been working at Frankie & Benny's part-time for more than a year

Pros

The chance to ask FOR days off

Cons

A real Bad rota with a lot of changed

Advice to Management

No mire changes in The rot

Frankie & Benny's2018-05-09

"Regret my decision"

Current Employee - Deputy Manager

I have been working at Frankie & Benny's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free staff meal, great discount scheme

Cons

Selfish manager. Everybody works around his rota. Low payment.

Advice to Management

Take care of your staff they will take care of your business. Pay more to chefs and plan ahead in HO

Frankie & Benny's2018-05-04
  4. "Brilliant"

Current Employee - Manager in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Frankie & Benny's for less than a year

Pros

Great Atmosphere, great teamwork, brilliant ambiance, fantastic menu and drinks, kitchen staff work well and cleanliness always complimented upon. Good decoration

Cons

Complaining customers and staff time keeping, kitchen staff complaining also. Long hours and rota organisation causing frictions along with split shifts

Frankie & Benny's2018-03-12

"No respect for their employees"

Former Employee - Bartender in Birmingham, England

I worked at Frankie & Benny's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Meet lots of new people and make life long friends.

Cons

Lowest wages they can legally pay. Tips are not shared even though everybody works just has hard, bartendimg is the worst job. Long shifts, minimal short breaks if at all, regularly break the rules on rest breaks. Managers never consider your other commitments when managing the rota even though they are fully aware, you are expected to prioritise work when there is no appreciation....

Advice to Management

Reduce the menu, reduce the prices so you don’t have to offer 50% off deals all the time. People will only pay what it’s worth but not what you are currently charging. Bar prices are extortionate, £5.50 for 2 glasses of coke is an outrage. Charge what it’s worth and people will come. Company needs a complete relaunch, get Gordon Ramsey in!

Frankie & Benny's2018-02-17

"Over worked"

Former Employee - Waitress in Blackpool, England

I worked at Frankie & Benny's full-time for less than a year

Pros

When it was quiet it was a nice atmosphere You get free food on the lunch menu (if they actually give you breaks) The tips are really good - but I've had my tips stolen by another waitress twice which wasn't very good.

Cons

-I worked there from August to October and had one break. One break. That's straight up illegal. I once asked for a break and was refused. - I asked to get some free food from the lunch menu to eat on a break, I was refused both the break and the free food. I only had free food 3 times. Once during online training, once during the one break I had and lastly when I asked for it to take home after a shift. -little sympathy...

Advice to Management

The staff talk, when you are swearing about the bartender we always told them ahaha! Also - it genuinely is illegal to not give breaks out when you're working long shifts. Hire more staff. Take care of your staff and they won't be quitting left right and centre.

Frankie & Benny's2016-11-30
  7. "Waitress"

Former Employee - Waiter/Waitress in Stoke-on-Trent, England

I worked at Frankie & Benny's part-time

Pros

- 33% discount - Meal from the lunch menu if worked over 6 hours. - Meeting new customers everyday - Stimulating job

Cons

- Poor management e.g. Rota changing regularly (don't make any weekend plans). - Turning up to your shift for them to tell you they don't need you after an hour - Poor pay considering the work and effort you put it in - Managers never praise you - Part time job taking over my life, not being able to focus on anything else because of the exhaustion and stress it causes

Advice to Management

Advice would be appreciate the work what your co-workers carry out more often.

Frankie & Benny's2016-08-29

"Promised 30+ hours, not seen since week 1."

Current Employee - Bar Staff in Altrincham, England

I have been working at Frankie & Benny's

Pros

No pros, but "need 5 words"!

Cons

Stress, bad management (can't speak to staff, let alone be authoritative) who penalises passive aggressively via rota (or lack of in this weeks case).

Advice to Management

Upper management need to hire real GMs and allow them to work realistically.

Frankie & Benny's2015-07-04

"A very fickle environment with highly erratic hours and negative management"

Current Employee - Waiter in Taplow, England

I have been working at Frankie & Benny's for more than a year

Pros

You can make great tips on shift Good opportunity to progress customer service skills Experience in building and maintaining clientele Nice staff and guests

Cons

Erratic hours: One week your loaded with 50+ hours doing openings after closes, the next you barely receive 20. This is all presented on Sunday at around half 11 in the evening! What sort of Business presents a rota for the following week this late?! Staff meetings; predominately pointless and last around 3 hours. They always start late in the evening and run onto around 1am....

Advice to Management

More consideration for staff needs... if they valued us more as people as opposed to pawns in there business (or made this less obvious) staff may have more positive experiences within the restaurant.

Frankie & Benny's2015-05-07

"To much stress for litlle pay!"

I worked at Frankie & Benny's

Pros

Easy to start working as no special skills are required and are allways understaff. 25% discount card within the company's group

Cons

Terrible facilities and dangerous working conditions. Literaly no rules are respected. You are expected to work 16h shift without a break or even have a meal. Some times they run out of clean uniforms and you have to work with a soiled one and use by others. Training is minimal. The law is underlooked all the time. The pay is the minimum wage (hourly rate). Rota is changed without...

Advice to Management

A proper manager plays with the rules given and delivery results

Frankie & Benny's2015-05-11