Franklin American Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Daniel G. Crockett

Pros
  • Great work environment, no loud, good coworkers (in 7 reviews)

• Great town to live in and decent pay structure (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The dress code is strict and ultra-conservative -- no casual Fridays (unless you consider your company-branded polo casual) (in 10 reviews)

• Didn't seem like much room for growth (in 5 reviews)

"Laid back"

Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Irving, TX

I have been working at Franklin American full-time

Pros

Relaxed culture and work environment. Obvious expectations. Active management. Culture leads to an understanding management who try to look after their people.

Cons

Pay for most positions is on the low end of the spectrum. Definitely a bit behind the technology wise. The employees tend to do the bare minimum, as they know they're compensation is low. The more driven and motivated employees tend to leave if they are not in management.

Advice to Management

Offer more incentives for job performance outside of sales positions. People in operations scrape by doing the bare minimum because there isn't much point to putting in more effort.

2. "Anonymus"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Franklin American full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Room for growth and decent pay at start. Great work environment, no loud, good coworkers.

Cons

No cons from my experience there.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing

3. "Nice location"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Irving, TX

I worked at Franklin American full-time (More than a year)

Pros

closer to irving ,dallas,operations team sits in irving,nice building amenties

Cons

kind of ok mgmt ,bad attitude towards employees

5. "Solid company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Franklin American full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It is amusing to me that people have given the CEO thumbs down but have never met him personally. That says a lot about them. I've worked here 9 years, met him a few times, very nice man. Gives much of his time and money to the community and charities. Benefits are decent, pay good, wish they offered more time off at Christmas.

Cons

Nothing huge. I wish there was a casual Friday but I knew there wasn't when I took the job so I cannot complain. Wish they offered several days off at Christmas.

Advice to Management

Do more for employee moral. Buy lunch for a different department each month, do ticket giveaways, things like that.

"Great place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Pros

The people that work here are great and seem to care a lot about the company and what they do for it. I'm impressed.

Cons

Nothing major jumps out at me about cons for this place.

"Would not recommend"

Former Employee - Office Assistant in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Office Assistant in Franklin, TN

I worked at Franklin American full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, pretty view, prime location, parking garage, and close to the interstate. There's not much else besides these things.

Cons

The people at FAMC are venomous. I have never worked in a less professional place. The dress code is strict and ultra-conservative -- no casual Fridays (unless you consider your company-branded polo casual). The employees at this company are backstabbing and clique-y. There is no sense of teamwork and you will be constantly looking over your shoulder here. Micromanagement is horrific and many employees in leadership positions have no business in their jobs. Employees here gossip, spread cruel rumors, call other employees by nasty nicknames behind their backs, etc. I'm also appalled at how this company treats its disabled employees -- as if they are inconveniences. I have never before been treated like such a burden by an employer for my life-long health conditions. I would not recommend this company to ANYONE -- especially any disabled person. Not as important as the rest, but the corporate building is a nightmare. Five elevators, yet an average wait time of over a minute for one, not to mention how frequently employees get stuck on these elevators and can't get out. The building, though new and shiny, is constantly breaking and malfunctioning.

Advice to Management

Clean house -- take time to listen to the complaints you're receiving from employees about gossip and unfair treatment/favoritism. Stop playing devil's advocate and take employee complaints and concerns seriously.

"Sr Mortgage UW"

Former Employee - Underwriter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Dallas, TX

I worked at Franklin American full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing to say. Nothing positive.

Cons

Worst Company I have ever worked for in the Mortgage Business! The company doesn't care about their employees, elitist management, average pay at best, and terrible working conditions. A sweat shop.

Advice to Management

Nothing.. Worst management in my 21 year history of working in the mortgage industry.

"Area Manager"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Franklin American full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Very transparent company that cares.

Cons

None. They keep their weaknesses to a minimum.

10. "Loan Auditor"

Former Employee - Loan Officer Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Loan Officer Assistant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Franklin American full-time

Pros

Fun environment, clear expectations of job requirements, great hours

Cons

Nosey co workers, upper management was not approchable

"You can't put lipstick on a pig!"

Former Employee - Auditor in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Auditor in Irving, TX

I worked at Franklin American full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice office, parking garage, cafe is decent, nice view...location is centrally located..that's it !!

Cons

Management is terrible!! I have never worked anywhere that people are praised for telling on others for the most minute things! I worked there 3 mths before ever seeing upper management!! They will not speak to you or acknowledge you. They do not try to accommodate work/life balance. They make every attempt to seem professional on the outside but their strategic planning is so terrible even their lenders/clients know it. Employees leave every other week because the morale is horrible and management lacks the communication skills needed to foster a productive not hostile work environment! Extremely negative environment. I've witnessed several employees crying in the bathroom because of management threats and bullying!!

Advice to Management

Treat others like you would like to be treated. Employees are not children and should be spoken to in a professional manner. Don't continue to create a company culture that is ruled by threats as a means to achieve quality and production. Clearly it's not working...review your turnover rates!!