Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
John D. Unangst

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "teller"

I worked at Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union part-time (More than a year)

Pros

What a great company to work for and with many opportunities to move up within.

Cons

There are none at all!

2. "Could be better, but does offer valuable experience"

Current Employee - Operations Employee in Chadds Ford, PA
    Current Employee - Operations Employee in Chadds Ford, PA

I have been working at Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Good benefits, generous PTO, decent work life balance - especially if you work in the headquarters. Growing very quickly.

Cons

Pay is not great. Micromanagement is a huge issue, especially from Senior Management. No job growth for back-office employees. Often overlooked for promotions if you lack a degree. Terrible reporting structure.

Advice to Management

Value your experienced staff and promote from within - there are many great employees that are ready for the next step, but are overlooked because of education or because their current role is a dead-end job. Also, consider changing compensation policy. Many employees take on additional duties, but then are not compensated for their new roles.

3. "Go somewhere else"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people you work with. Fmfcu have some great people working for this company

Cons

Everything else. The pay honestly is ridiculous. They expect you to do 100 different things with little to no pay increase. There is also no real job growth! There’s no where to go. It’s hard to even make yourself marketable for other jobs because you can barely explain what you really do! Certain departments handle things that are not even what they should be doing. I honestly believe the company is winging it half the time.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more and half the company wouldn’t be dropping life flys!

4. "So close but missing the mark"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chadds Ford, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chadds Ford, PA

I have been working at Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Promotion from within, sense of pride for community involvement, treat members with highest regard, always changing and movement keeps it interesting, great
    Core values even if only practiced by some, strong training and human resource staff

Cons

Lack of fairness and professionalism from some of the tenure employees, complete lack of objectivity from some senior management, limited to no flex scheduling, unable to work from home, strict rules about remote access all make it challenging to maintain balance, discrimination (age) against the “younger” professionals coming into the organization by some of the senior leaders

Advice to Management

Clean house- do a full 360 evaluation using a third party; get rid of anyone who is contributing to the negative work environment

5. "Best Company"

Current Employee - Member Relationship Advisor II in Darby, PA
    Current Employee - Member Relationship Advisor II in Darby, PA

I have been working at Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours are amazing. They really do care about your life outside of work. Jeans days! Company paid lunches are often. Incentives are highly achievable. No pressure to sell anything. My manager at the Darby branch is simply amazing.

Cons

Technology could use some tweaking but they are putting the effort in to fix it so it’s not even a con anymore. I’ve worked in several FIs and this is the best one so far.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

6. "Great Colleagues and Leader"

Former Employee - Loan Specialist in Chadds Ford, PA
    Former Employee - Loan Specialist in Chadds Ford, PA

I worked at Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part of working at the Franklin Mint FCU is your colleagues. Knowing each of your colleagues has your back when you are away or are struggling in some months is what develops true camaraderie, trust, and family like environment. The company offers its employees a generous retirement plan, benefits, work-life balance structure, and access to specific credit union products savings. My direct manager was what made my experience at the Franklin Mint FCU excellent within my team work environment. Will not forget the excellent leadership skills and experience.

Cons

The con of working for Franklin Mint FCU is that the organization still needs to evaluate the needs of the organization and evaluate the needs of the employees. Strategically aligning leadership to employees will ensure proper growth and enable an excellent place to work, not just a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Conduct further employee satisfaction surveys on specific target issues to resolve concerns of employees and identify potential new methods of engagement between leadership and employees.

7. "Marketing Intern"

I worked at Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union part-time

Pros

Manager was helpful with whatever I wanted to learn or do.

Cons

It wasn't sure what I was to do every day.

8. "Marketing Intern"

Pros

A really great learning experience during high school. My manager was very kind and always was willing to teach us something.

Cons

A bit unstructured. I wasn't expected to do a lot.

9. "Member Relationship Advisor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Operation and good customer service.

Cons

Trying to balance work and home .

10. "Great place to work if you deal with work load"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomall, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomall, PA

I have been working at Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Great people and lots of positive growth and potential for the future

Cons

work load and too much reliance on people who don't think outside the box

Advice to Management

Reward employees, recognize their efforts and trust their judgements. Stop doing things just the way we always have.