Frazer, LLP Accountant Reviews | Glassdoor

Frazer, LLP Accountant Reviews

Updated Sep 12, 2019

2.9
Frazer, LLP CEO Jeff C. Jones, CPA (no image)
Jeff C. Jones, CPA
  1. "Open Door, Welcoming Environment"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Brea, CA

I have been working at Frazer, LLP full-time for less than a year

Pros

The managers and partners here are very interested in the well-being and progression of the senior and staff accountants. They give new items to work on to provide exposure to an immense amount of accounting procedures.

Cons

I wish there were more events that the firm organized so that we could all hang out together and get to know each other better.

Advice to Management

Keep providing feedback and pointers so that everyone knows what is expected and required every single day/

Frazer, LLP2018-09-27

September 28, 2018HR / Talent Aquisition Manager

Thank you so much for your valued review. It is wonderful to receive such a positive review. As we move forward at FRAZER, LLP, it is important for us to see where we may need to improve in the short and long term. We love complimentary reviews, but also appreciate constructive criticism.

"Toxic Environment"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Brea, CA

I worked at Frazer, LLP full-time for less than a year

Pros

4 weeks of paid time off Nice Staff and Seniors

Cons

After graduating, and receiving multiple offers, I accepted a position at Frazer due to their location. Upper management treated me horribly. They ridiculed and yelled at me daily. I had never been treated so bad in my life and figured that is what post-grad life is like. After two months of the abuse, I was let go. It was the best day of my life. I went to the beach and called other firms on the way. I got a job at... another CPA firm and started the same week. The other CPA firm treated me so well and it was a night and day difference. Thirteen months later I accepted a position as the Accounting Director for a private company and was promoted to CFO after being there for just under two years. I value the terrible experience at Frazer because it caused me to grow as a person and become fearless. Getting “fired” there was the best thing that could happen to me because that firm was poison and would have kept me from being where I am today.

Advice to Management

Value Your Employees

Frazer, LLP2019-09-12

September 24, 2019Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for your review we appreciate your feedback and we will take your comments into consideration. FRAZER, LLP continues to work very hard to improve and establish a healthy work environment for our employees. On behalf of FRAZER, LLP congratulations on your career growth and we wish nothing but success in your new CFO position

3. "Great place to be employeed"

Former Intern - Staff Accountant

I worked at Frazer, LLP

Pros

Great staff, flexible hours and great environment

Cons

During tax season, it is rushed and need to learn while you work

Frazer, LLP2019-07-09

"Positive reviews are fake"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Visalia, CA

I worked at Frazer, LLP full-time for less than a year

Pros

N/A - I have nothing positive to say.

Cons

I have inside information that almost all of the positive reviews on here are done by Frazer partners and HR dept to cover up negative reviews. I’m sure you can tell which ones are not real. The negative reviews are all true, this place is a nightmare.

Frazer, LLP2019-07-01

July 8, 2019Human Resources Generalist

We regret that your employment at Frazer, LLP did not meet your expectations and we value your opinion. We welcome your review and appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. Frazer, LLP appreciates your efforts and your dedication while you were a member of the team. This will help us to work on areas that may need improvement, so that we may provide the best workplace experience for our employees and create a culture within our company that is second to none.

"Positive reviews mostly orchestrated by HR"

Current Employee - Accountant in Brea, CA

I have been working at Frazer, LLP full-time

Pros

Been thinking but nothing comes to mind.

Cons

You can pretty much skip over the positive reviews here since a lot of them were orchestrated by HR just to bring up the firm’s rating. Negative reviews are the ones truly provided by ex-employees. These are the ones worth reading and should be factored in to your career decision making process. Firm has a very high turnover. The recent exodus of staff in tax department is making me wonder if this is the... place for me. The fun people are gone.

Frazer, LLP2018-10-09

February 5, 2019HR / Talent Aquisition Manager

Thank you so much for your valued review. It is disappointing to see a negative comment, when there has been such an effort to really enhance the cultural experience for all at the firm. There has been an asserted effort to gain feedback from the staff and turn that feedback into various employee engagement activities. The culture has improved at FRAZER, LLP with many sporting and non-sporting events: Foodie Tour, Paintball, Wine and Painting, White Water Rafting, Bowling and Flag Football to name a few. We have also had a great time with the Halloween Costume, Ugly Christmas Sweater and Dress Up Your Cubicle contests. Everyone has access to a full gym with free weights, machines, cardio equipment, lap pool, recently renovated locker rooms, showers and exercise room, where there are yoga classes. There is also a recreation room with: foosball, shuffle board, pool table and ping pong table. Recently FRAZER, LLP participated in a Ping Pong Tournament. FRAZER, LLP also dedicates many resources towards the training of our staff. We do hold high standards at FRAZER, LLP and expect our staff to be diligent in their efforts for our clients. After all, it is our responsibility to give our clients the very best quality of service in a very timely manner. Unlike some firms we actually pay time and a half for overtime and don’t expect a relentless amount of long hours. We understand that public accounting is not for everyone and we have seen some wonderful people leave to pursue other careers, especially in private accounting. The salaries are competitive and our benefits are great, inclusive of full medical, vision and dental, as well as 4 weeks of PTO/sick leave for staff. As we move forward at FRAZER, LLP, it is important for us to see where we may need to improve in the short and long term. Communication is key and while we love complimentary reviews, we also appreciate constructive criticism.

6. "Good Firm To Start With"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Brea, CA

I have been working at Frazer, LLP full-time for less than a year

Pros

-You get 4 weeks of PTO! -Very respectful managers and partners. -A lot of things are changing for better (culturally, benefits…) -Nice and quiet office -The cubicles are larger than other accounting firms -Very supportive HR - True open door policy

Cons

Some seniors are not as patient as they should be with training

Advice to Management

Invest and pay more attention to training

Frazer, LLP2018-09-07

September 28, 2018HR / Talent Aquisition Manager

"Accountant"

Former Employee - Accountant in Brea, CA

I worked at Frazer, LLP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a firm led by partners who have not, nor will they ever learn from their mistakes. Please see below, because there are very few positive remarks for this company. You have the right to know the honest truth, instead of the fictitious "positive" remarks you see on glassdoor orchestrated by the HR department, and the fake linkedin positivity that only exists online.

Cons

Ask about the turnover. And when you ask, I will provide you the honest answer - People felt they were not respected, not by the partners, not by the directors. Not only that, but the pay is not competitive. Do yourself a favor and find a job where you are respected and treated like a person. Apply at your own risk, and when you get in, know that you settled for far less than what you're worth and capable of.

Advice to Management

Maybe listen to your seniors and staff for once. Treat them like people, and compensate them fairly and accurately, and maybe they will show an ounce of loyalty to the company and not jump ship as quickly as they did in 2018, 2017, and 2016, and God knows however many years prior.

Frazer, LLP2018-10-03

October 4, 2018HR / Talent Aquisition Manager

Thank you so much for your valued review. It is disappointing to see so negative a comment, when there has been such an effort to really enhance the cultural experience for all at the firm. The HR Department has been a very proactive catalyst in this campaign and it is puzzling that someone would feel this way, yet never come and share their concerns with the HR Department. If this individual does feel this way, how are we to find a solution without being told. We may not be perfect, but much has transformed. The salaries are competitive and we pay time and 1/2 for OT, which many firms do not do. Our benefits are great, inclusive of full medical, vision and dental, as well as 4 weeks of PTO/sick leave for staff. Culture has also improved at FRAZER, LLP with many sporting and non-sporting events: Foodie Tour, Paintball, Wine and Painting, White Water Rafting, Bowling and Flag Football to name a few. As we move forward at FRAZER, LLP, it is important for us to see where we may need to improve in the short and long term. Communication is key and one should understand that tackling the issues one may have by coming to the HR, will help everyone. We love complimentary reviews, but also appreciate constructive criticism.

8. "accountant"

Current Employee - Accountant in Brea, CA

I have been working at Frazer, LLP full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Positive Company Culture - Great exposure to many industries - Very hands on approach, steep learning curve - Lower level staff gain upper level experience on projects

Cons

As with all public accounting, constant pressures to complete tasks timely while managing multiple projects.

Frazer, LLP2017-04-23

January 4, 2018HR / Talent Aquisition Manager

Thank you so much for your valued review. As we move forward at Frazer LLP, it is important for us to see where we may need to improve in the short and long term. We love complimentary reviews and are always looking to be a better Frazer LLP. moving forward! It's great to hear when we are doing something you appreciated about us.

"Masked Accountants"

Former Employee - Accountant

I worked at Frazer, LLP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good for first year and recent graduates and upper management seems friendly at first

Cons

pay 10k less than normal accounting firm, their "open-door policy" is not so open as it seems, upper management looks down on lower tier staff, employee turnover is very high, no room for personal growth

Advice to Management

Needs better, professional managers and upper management care

Frazer, LLP2016-01-13

January 4, 2018HR / Talent Aquisition Manager

Thank you so much for your valued review. As we move forward at Frazer LLP, it is important for us to see where we may need to improve in the short and long term. We will certainly look into addressing your concerns. There have been some recent changes at Frazer LLP. that are focused on improvement and creating a BEST IN CLASS CULTURE. While we appreciate the overall strong reviews on Glassdoor, we are sincere in becoming an even better company for our clients and employees. Part of that is our implimentation of certain progressive processes, proceedures and training. While your post was written in 2016, you may be surprised as to the 2018 version of Frazer LLP.

"Staff Tax Accountant"

Current Employee - Tax Accountant in Brea, CA

I have been working at Frazer, LLP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent exposure to all size clients, small to large.

Cons

During my time there gained too be a major turnover of senior accountants I the tax department. It made some aspects of my development difficult. But it did give me excellent experience quick in my career.

Advice to Management

Try to the notice and nurture the whole department as a team.

Frazer, LLP2015-10-25

January 4, 2018HR / Talent Aquisition Manager

Thank you so much for your valued review. As we move forward at Frazer LLP, it is important for us to see where we may need to improve in the short and long term. We will certainly look into addressing your concerns. There have been some recent changes at Frazer LLP. that are focused on improvement and creating a BEST IN CLASS CULTURE. While we appreciate the overall strong reviews on Glassdoor, we are sincere in becoming an even better company for our clients and employees. Team is very much at the forfront of Frazer LLP. these days, inclusive of new events, such as Holloween, Ugly Christmas Sweater and Cubical Decoration contests in all of our offices.

Found 11 reviews