Frazer, LLP Reviews | Glassdoor

Frazer, LLP Reviews

Updated 12 Sep 2019

3.2
Frazer, LLP CEO Jeff C. Jones, CPA (no image)
Jeff C. Jones, CPA

"Great place to learn and advance, but not for everyone"

Current Employee - Full TTIme Employee

I have been working at Frazer, LLP full-time for more than a year

Pros

• Good salaries and Frazer pays 1.5 for OT • Great benefits, full medical, dental, vision and 4 weeks PTO • Opportunity to grow with no ceiling, especially for staff • There is a lot of hands on training • Many fun activities during non-busy season • Spa like amenities; gym, pool, recreation room • Snacks, full kitchen • Lots of great people to work with

Cons

I honestly don’t know why some people tried to rip into the firm. If you don’t understand that busy season means longer hours, or that your client depends on the best job you can do, find another profession. As someone who would like to make partner one day, I know our clients count on us to be accurate, detailed oriented and not miss deadlines. If you’re gone, it’s probably because you didn’t understand that.

Advice to Management

Keep open minds to new ideas that can make possitive differences. Keep investing into your staff and give even more encouragement. Do more activities to help connect the different offices and departments.

Frazer, LLP2019-02-05
  2. "Open Door, Welcoming Environment"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Brea, CA

I have been working at Frazer, LLP full-time for less than a year

Pros

The managers and partners here are very interested in the well-being and progression of the senior and staff accountants. They give new items to work on to provide exposure to an immense amount of accounting procedures.

Cons

I wish there were more events that the firm organized so that we could all hang out together and get to know each other better.

Advice to Management

Keep providing feedback and pointers so that everyone knows what is expected and required every single day/

Frazer, LLP2018-09-27
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "A VERY GIVING COMPANY TO WORK FOR"

I have been working at Frazer, LLP full-time

Pros

Office holiday parties at the Queen Mary and Newport Beach. Everyone is so friendly and easy going. There are always snacks in the break room everyday. During tax season, if you work late, the company provides catered food from places like Panda Express to Claim Jumpers. Just a great place to work .

Cons

Frazer,LLP has NO CONS!!! I think its perfect.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing cause its working.

Frazer, LLP2018-09-25
  5. "Good Firm To Start With"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Brea, CA

I have been working at Frazer, LLP full-time for less than a year

Pros

-You get 4 weeks of PTO! -Very respectful managers and partners. -A lot of things are changing for better (culturally, benefits…) -Nice and quiet office -The cubicles are larger than other accounting firms -Very supportive HR - True open door policy

Cons

Some seniors are not as patient as they should be with training

Advice to Management

Invest and pay more attention to training

Frazer, LLP2018-09-07
  6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

I have been working at Frazer, LLP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've worked for Frazer for over 10 years. It's a great company to work for. There are some great perks such as free snacks and free dinner during busy season. There's also various employee events, birthday celebrations, awesome Christmas and after tax season party.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Frazer, LLP2018-09-04
  7. "AG Dept - Staff Accountant (~6mo.)"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant - Agribusiness in Brea, CA

I have been working at Frazer, LLP full-time for less than a year

Pros

Have only been a Staff Accountant for 6months, but I like it. First actual career job, so I didn't know what to expect, but I like it because you're still using accounting knowledge that you learned in school and in the CPA exams, but there's still more to learn. Also, I like all the managers and partners. I dont have many interactions with the partners (as expected), but from the ones I've had, I like them:... they're all cool. The managers are really nice and understanding too, and seem like they want to see their staff grow. So yea, overall I think this firm is a great place to develop your career and to grow with.

Cons

Nah not really. Honestly, I just want to work and learn, and I've kinda been doing my own thing in achieving that. Haven't received any negative feedback (like don't do this or stop doing that, etc.), so I assume there are none, but would want to know if any exists. Regardless, no cons for me.

Advice to Management

No advice P.S. I'm assuming if you're reading this, you already know what the AG dept is. And also, this shouldnt reflect the tax or audit dept. but theyre cool too, I just don't work with their staff, mgrs, or partners, so can't say much.

Frazer, LLP2017-11-04
  8. "Great place to learn and grow"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Brea, CA

I worked at Frazer, LLP full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good training program. Company spends a lot of money and resources tailoring training for all departments. Personal development is encouraged. Fun Christmas parties and a lot of perks to the job. Management is straight forward and actually cares about individuals. Good benefits and compensation.

Cons

Not much comes to mind. Long hours during busy season but that's to be expected at a CPA firm.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the good experience. It's good to have Partners who care.

Frazer, LLP2014-06-24
  9. "Pretty good place for the right employee"

I have been working at Frazer, LLP full-time

Pros

Plenty of room for career growth Lots of client and staff to partner contact Firm culture is changing and becoming more positive and more employee centric

Cons

Negative reviews from the past are true but I do feel like things are changing for the better. I believe this starts with hiring the right people.

Advice to Management

continue the positive changes occurring in the past year.

Frazer, LLP2017-10-22
  10. "accountant"

Current Employee - Accountant in Brea, CA

I have been working at Frazer, LLP full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Positive Company Culture - Great exposure to many industries - Very hands on approach, steep learning curve - Lower level staff gain upper level experience on projects

Cons

As with all public accounting, constant pressures to complete tasks timely while managing multiple projects.

Frazer, LLP2017-04-23

"Staff Tax Accountant"

Current Employee - Tax Accountant in Brea, CA

I have been working at Frazer, LLP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent exposure to all size clients, small to large.

Cons

During my time there gained too be a major turnover of senior accountants I the tax department. It made some aspects of my development difficult. But it did give me excellent experience quick in my career.

Advice to Management

Try to the notice and nurture the whole department as a team.

Frazer, LLP2015-10-25