Frazer, LLP Reviews | Glassdoor

Frazer, LLP Reviews

Updated Sep 12, 2019

Found 20 reviews

3.2
Frazer, LLP CEO Jeff C. Jones, CPA (no image)
Jeff C. Jones, CPA

"Reviews don’t seem true"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

I worked at Frazer, LLP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

None really that I can think of.

Cons

Constant hiring because of constant firing (even during tax season). No second chances. Work culture is very negative. Overtime pay but way below market base pay. Politics are part of every day. Stressful and unreasonable budgets. I’m glad I was let go. In a much better state of mind.

Advice to Management

Teach upper management to be respectful and professional when working with staff.

Frazer, LLP2018-09-25

September 28, 2018HR / Talent Aquisition Manager

Thank you so much for your valued review. We have not seen anyone leave the firm in recent years who had worked at the firm for 5 years. If this is some individual from the distant past, much has changed at the firm since then. The salaries are competitive and we pay time and 1/2 for OT, which many firms do not do. Our benefits are great, inclusive of full medical, vision and dental, as well as 4 weeks of PTO/sick leave for staff. Culture has also improved at FRAZER, LLP with many sporting and non-sporting events: Foodie Tour, Paintball, Wine and Painting, White Water Rafting, Bowling and Flag Football to name a few. As we move forward at FRAZER, LLP, it is important for us to see where we may need to improve in the short and long term. We love complimentary reviews, but also appreciate constructive criticism.

"Don’t believe the responses from Frazer"

Former Employee - Tax Manager in Brea, CA

I worked at Frazer, LLP full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice offices and location and that’s it. Do have some challenging work that will make you put your thinking cap on.

Cons

Management. This place is horrible to work at. The culture is toxic and they don’t treat staff well at all. Came from a medium size OC form thinking I was making a good career move. Nope! Worst decision of my career.

Advice to Management

Learn to treat people right. Don’t lie in your canned response.

Frazer, LLP2018-04-11

April 24, 2018HR / Talent Aquisition Manager

We always appreciate all feedback as it is an opportunity to learn and improve. It is curious to us, as it has been over two years since a Tax Manager left us. It seems odd that someone would wait two years to voice such a negative review. The Tax Department is actually a very close, fun and happy team of professionals. They not only verbalize their appreciation of their peers, but show it as well. They decorate cubicles for birthdays and other celebrations. They do team inclusive socials, including Escape Rooms and truly enjoy each other's company. Last Halloween the entire team won the Costume Contest dress up as the video game Tetris. We're sorry that this individual felt the way they did when they wrote the review.

3. "AG Dept - Staff Accountant (~6mo.)"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant - Agribusiness in Brea, CA

I have been working at Frazer, LLP full-time for less than a year

Pros

Have only been a Staff Accountant for 6months, but I like it. First actual career job, so I didn't know what to expect, but I like it because you're still using accounting knowledge that you learned in school and in the CPA exams, but there's still more to learn. Also, I like all the managers and partners. I dont have many interactions with the partners (as expected), but from the ones I've had, I like them:... they're all cool. The managers are really nice and understanding too, and seem like they want to see their staff grow. So yea, overall I think this firm is a great place to develop your career and to grow with.

Cons

Nah not really. Honestly, I just want to work and learn, and I've kinda been doing my own thing in achieving that. Haven't received any negative feedback (like don't do this or stop doing that, etc.), so I assume there are none, but would want to know if any exists. Regardless, no cons for me.

Advice to Management

No advice P.S. I'm assuming if you're reading this, you already know what the AG dept is. And also, this shouldnt reflect the tax or audit dept. but theyre cool too, I just don't work with their staff, mgrs, or partners, so can't say much.

Frazer, LLP2017-11-04

January 4, 2018HR / Talent Aquisition Manager

Thank you so much for your valued review. As we move forward at Frazer LLP, it is important for us to see where we may need to improve in the short and long term. We love complimentary reviews and are always looking to be a better Frazer LLP. moving forward! It's great to hear when we are doing something you appreciated about us.

4. "Pretty good place for the right employee"

I have been working at Frazer, LLP full-time

Pros

Plenty of room for career growth Lots of client and staff to partner contact Firm culture is changing and becoming more positive and more employee centric

Cons

Negative reviews from the past are true but I do feel like things are changing for the better. I believe this starts with hiring the right people.

Advice to Management

continue the positive changes occurring in the past year.

Frazer, LLP2017-10-22

5. "Staff Accountant"

I worked at Frazer, LLP full-time

Pros

Neat and nice place to work at. Good benefits. Lots of snacks!

Cons

Some managers seem to be nice but really they are not.

Frazer, LLP2017-08-12

6. "accountant"

Current Employee - Accountant in Brea, CA

I have been working at Frazer, LLP full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Positive Company Culture - Great exposure to many industries - Very hands on approach, steep learning curve - Lower level staff gain upper level experience on projects

Cons

As with all public accounting, constant pressures to complete tasks timely while managing multiple projects.

Frazer, LLP2017-04-23

"Some facts"

in Brea, CA

I worked at Frazer, LLP for less than a year

Pros

You have snacks all year round They just remodel their office

Cons

The turnover is very high. They ever fired 4 out of 8 people in two months during the year end down time. They are constantly hiring, and most of them will be gone or fired at the end of the year.

Advice to Management

As long as someone is partner, they want to do tax, and of course they are not technical at all. You need to educate your partners what to do. The tax partner and director has more tax knowledge than the other kind of partners, but they do not like to be challenged. If you are technical, don't try to show how good you are. Try to be the good friends with partners.

Frazer, LLP2017-01-11

January 4, 2018HR / Talent Aquisition Manager

Thank you so much for your valued review. As we move forward at Frazer LLP, it is important for us to see where we may need to improve in the short and long term. We will certainly look into addressing your concerns. There have been some recent changes at Frazer LLP. that are focused on improvement and creating a BEST IN CLASS CULTURE. While we appreciate the overall strong reviews on Glassdoor, we are sincere in becoming an even better company for our clients and employees. Part of that is embracing all the talents that each and every individual brings with them when joining Frazer LLP.

"Masked Accountants"

Former Employee - Accountant

I worked at Frazer, LLP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good for first year and recent graduates and upper management seems friendly at first

Cons

pay 10k less than normal accounting firm, their "open-door policy" is not so open as it seems, upper management looks down on lower tier staff, employee turnover is very high, no room for personal growth

Advice to Management

Needs better, professional managers and upper management care

Frazer, LLP2016-01-13

January 4, 2018HR / Talent Aquisition Manager

Thank you so much for your valued review. As we move forward at Frazer LLP, it is important for us to see where we may need to improve in the short and long term. We will certainly look into addressing your concerns. There have been some recent changes at Frazer LLP. that are focused on improvement and creating a BEST IN CLASS CULTURE. While we appreciate the overall strong reviews on Glassdoor, we are sincere in becoming an even better company for our clients and employees. Part of that is our implimentation of certain progressive processes, proceedures and training. While your post was written in 2016, you may be surprised as to the 2018 version of Frazer LLP.

"Staff Tax Accountant"

Current Employee - Tax Accountant in Brea, CA

I have been working at Frazer, LLP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent exposure to all size clients, small to large.

Cons

During my time there gained too be a major turnover of senior accountants I the tax department. It made some aspects of my development difficult. But it did give me excellent experience quick in my career.

Advice to Management

Try to the notice and nurture the whole department as a team.

Frazer, LLP2015-10-25

January 4, 2018HR / Talent Aquisition Manager

Thank you so much for your valued review. As we move forward at Frazer LLP, it is important for us to see where we may need to improve in the short and long term. We will certainly look into addressing your concerns. There have been some recent changes at Frazer LLP. that are focused on improvement and creating a BEST IN CLASS CULTURE. While we appreciate the overall strong reviews on Glassdoor, we are sincere in becoming an even better company for our clients and employees. Team is very much at the forfront of Frazer LLP. these days, inclusive of new events, such as Holloween, Ugly Christmas Sweater and Cubical Decoration contests in all of our offices.

10. "Great place to learn and grow"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Brea, CA

I worked at Frazer, LLP full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good training program. Company spends a lot of money and resources tailoring training for all departments. Personal development is encouraged. Fun Christmas parties and a lot of perks to the job. Management is straight forward and actually cares about individuals. Good benefits and compensation.

Cons

Not much comes to mind. Long hours during busy season but that's to be expected at a CPA firm.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the good experience. It's good to have Partners who care.

Frazer, LLP2014-06-24