Frazier & Deeter Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Seth McDaniel

1. "Overview of F&D"

I have been working at Frazier & Deeter full-time

Pros

Great people, work environment, benefits, vacation and opportunity for growth

Cons

No negative feedback at this time

2. "Manager"

I have been working at Frazier & Deeter full-time

Pros

Great culture, very entrepreneurial, offers significant growth opportunities

Cons

Running out of workspace due to growth.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

3. "Good luck to the next one"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Frazier & Deeter full-time

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Salaries aren't completely competitive, but the benefits make up the gap. There's usually always some form of catered lunch each week, and the Atlanta office is in a great location. They're advanced technologically for an accounting firm, so you'll be exposed to many different cutting edge methods and products. They also do charity work, so it's good to give back to the community. Paid benefits except dental and vision.

Cons

Office culture is cliquey and full of gossip; to the extent of unprofessional trash talk. My own private personal matters, that I presented to management, became grounds for public conversation hours later. No one I met was truly trustworthy. Expect to have to deal with small-minded perception, and assumptions based on your job title or even where you went to college. Tax, audit, and finance staff are seen as the upper echelon; with their own special treatment not given to other aspects of the team. You're casually reminded that you work "for" them, not "with" them. Expect to have no real training or briefing based on the work detail, or day-to-day operations. You will have to ask a lot of questions, probably with getting very little in the form of answers. There wasn't any real industry experience. Most of the employees started with the company as some form of intern or hire out of college, so they have no true industry experience to speak from. Also, there's no real policy or discipline to the team. I had numerous issues with a lower level employee who was known for disrespectful and unprofessional behavior in the past; who wasn't issued so much as a warning. Management was pretty lax and absent most of the time, and communication was poor. My own projects would be set back weeks, if not months by this. It was basically a job and a paycheck with no accountability or responsibility. Essentially, being paid to be in a fraternity was the best way I'd describe it. Also, not a whole lot of growth in my division. I was already directly below the Director. No room for real promotion unless someone quit or they made a new department in the organization. My position had already had three people there before me, who all weren't there for a long period of time.

Advice to Management

Your "head" and ideas are in the right place, but I'd be more conscientious of the people you hire and the ones you've already got on the team. Hire more industry-focused and well-rounded individuals to build a better team for the future. Find a way to break out the cliques so that all members of the organization can feel included and vital to the team. I get having a "work family mentality," but it's off-putting to outside and new hires. Honestly, I liked my job in terms of what I was exposed to and was able to do; but everything else made it hard to enjoy my time there. By the end of it, I just became a clockwatcher until I felt it was my time to go. Maybe the other departments are different, but I can only go off what I know.

5. "Tax Partner"

I have been working at Frazier & Deeter full-time

Pros

Very successful firm with significant growth affording leadership opportunities

Cons

Need to replicate talent and success as the firm expands.

6. "Tax"

Current Employee - Tax in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Tax in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Frazier & Deeter full-time

Pros

Nice office space and working environment. Firm Is making good progress with a culture where everyone is mutually respected. Great focus on client service.

Cons

The more senior partners operate in silos and seem reluctant to allow CEO and younger leaders the opportunity to implement a collaborative working culture.

Advice to Management

If servant leadership is encouraged and promoted within the culture, embrace it at all levels of the organization.

7. "Good future outlook"

I have been working at Frazier & Deeter full-time

Pros

The people are nice. It's small, so people are tight-knit. There's an open door policy, so you can feel welcome to ask questions to any one. Company is growing, so need for new employees is growing

Cons

It's still new, so things aren't quite situated. There's sometimes a lack of communication with parent company in Atlanta, especially when it comes to technology

8. "Great Firm to Grow With"

Current Employee - Auditor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Auditor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Frazier & Deeter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people and work environment at F&D are one of a kind. The firm is generous with benefits and offers countless incentives to better yourself and advance your career. The bonuses, pay, and benefits are similar to Big 4 firms, but the environment is much more relaxed, motivational, and offers a better work-life balance. Partners, managers, and seniors are easily approachable and genuinely care about everybody within the firm.

Cons

There can be cliques within the firm and the work is challenging. Busy season hours are strenuous but rarely exceed 60 a week, which is good for a public accounting firm.

Advice to Management

Promote our firm and get yourself out there because we are an even stronger firm than people realize. Don't ever let the fast growth of the firm affect the comfortable and familiar feel of our offices.

9. "Current Second Year Audit Professional in Atlanta"

Current Employee - Staff Auditor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Staff Auditor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Frazier & Deeter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, interesting projects.
    Fun people to work with.
    We have more fun than big 4.

Cons

Management hardly checks GPA requirements for on-board hires, which is not smart for a technical position like Audit. My co-worker knows someone who just got hired with a 2.6 coming out of college (2.9 Accounting GPA) with a terrible work ethic and a pitiful resume. Firm hired him because he presented himself well. Firm's not even bright enough to conduct a background check.
    New candidates do not go through a rigorous interview process at all.

Advice to Management

Learn more about your candidates before you hire them. Do some due diligence, you are in the human capital business. Do not just hire someone because they are easy to talk to. Check your new recruits grades and test them on there accounting knowledge not there fraternity or alcohol tolerance. We will never get to be a top ten accounting firm if all you hire are frat stars.

10. "Merging can be bigger & better for all!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Frazier & Deeter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The merger has brought so many great new resources & talents for all of us to call upon or utilize. There is still the smaller family style feeling to the firm which I greatly appreciate too. It's a large firm where everyone is still very friendly & caring to everyone else whether an internal or external client.

Cons

Training for me, a non-professional, has been rather hit & miss. I believe a large part of that lack has been due to timing & change of my position. That, happily, is not the same story for professionals where there are numerous training sessions and opportunities for further growth & training.

11. "Growing Company"

Current Employee - Tax Senior in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Tax Senior in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Frazier & Deeter full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Big firm resources and clients with small firm culture. Growing company with great leadership and amazing people.

Cons

Not much to complain about, benefits are above average to compensate for below market base pay.

Advice to Management

Recognize and reward A performers.