Fred Beans Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "a great place to learn and grow!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Doylestown, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Doylestown, PA

I have been working at Fred Beans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work with a fun group of people everyday that I respect. I have been able to learn the business and grow as a professional. I was able to take advantage of some of the courses offered by Fred at the local community college and gain skills to move up into a manager role down the road. Lots of opportunity based on the size of the company to move up into manager role when the position presents itself. I am making good money now and I am very excited about my future here.

Cons

Good benefits but kind of expensive. Working on Saturdays and late on certain nights but I was aware of that when I took the job. Some weeks are slower than others but that is the industry.

Advice to Management

continue to motivate your staff and coach when they need help.

2. "Avoid, avoid, avoid!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in West Chester, PA

I worked at Fred Beans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Met a lot of great people here and made a lot of friends

Cons

Poor life work balance. Management is a bunch of bullies. Racist, sexist, homophobic. Condescending and arrogant to not only their staff, but the customers. Bait and switch tactics and no accountability on management's part. Throw their staff under the bus for their poor management decisions. And don't get me started on Fred Beans, the owner. He's a big part of the problem. If you enjoy sexual harassment, being talked to like you're an idiot and corrupt management, then this is the place for you. Otherwise, there are far better places to work.

Advice to Management

This is 2017....act like it. If it weren't for the employees you manage or the customers, you wouldn't have your high horse, holier than thou job. Learn to treat people with respect. Be a little more appreciative and maybe people wouldn't be so quick to high tail it out of there. And maybe learn how your employees jobs are actually done before telling them how much they suck at it. Stop acting like a bunch of know it all clowns.

3. "Warehouse slave"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Doylestown, PA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Doylestown, PA

Pros

Alot of fast food restaurants,and slave work

Cons

No advancement!!!!Management unprofessional no raises what so ever,warehouse workers get treated like scums compared to salesman.Favoritism is a big factor while I was there for 2 year 35 people quit or just wind up not showing up anymore.waste of time if you wanna work here trust me you will be depressed everyday

Advice to Management

Do your job right,stop favoring other employees,pay people what they deserve and not just a buckle raise

"Sales person"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Doylestown, PA

Pros

Good sales people to work with

Cons

Management sucks, know it all bullies, everyday feel like your gonna be fired, makes sales people do financing paperwork, no holdback money, cheap owner!

Advice to Management

Management needs to be replaced, treat people with respect, unprofessional!

"a place to work"

Current Employee - Administrator in Doylestown, PA
    Current Employee - Administrator in Doylestown, PA

I have been working at Fred Beans part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

willing to offer a flexible schedule.

Cons

can be chaotic at times.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like they are invaluable. I saw a lot of turnover while I was there, and it seems if you have a tough day, they are quick to replace you.

"BDC Rep"

Former Employee - BDC and Customer Care Representative in Hampton, NJ
    Former Employee - BDC and Customer Care Representative in Hampton, NJ

I worked at Fred Beans (Less than a year)

Pros

its was a job, even though employees didn't work they were friendly and funny!

Cons

couldn't make payroll, employees sat around watching videos and soaps all day. Management never had answers to questions. It was not a nice place to work.

Advice to Management

stop letting people watch tv and having others clock them in. Employees had no interest in taking customers. Help your employees so they can help you

"Sales"

I worked at Fred Beans full-time

Pros

Some people were nice some helpful key word Some had a lot of inventory

Cons

My direct mgr. Horrible hated women talked down to them he would play other sales people's calls to the reps and say nasty things about them also they did a lot of bate and switch they would advertise a truck that was cheap but in really bad mechanical shape knew it would never pass inspection kept it for months on Website, Horrible sales tactics

Advice to Management

Take a good look at some of your managers. Lots of back stabbing.

"racist, arrogant and the wrong way"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Doylestown, PA

Pros

the pay, the facilities, and leaving Fred Beans

Cons

everything else. The process, working for an owner that uses ignorant comments to describe his female employees and employees of color. Working with the owners daughter than can't hold he crazy together long enough to put together a sentence. The overall poor environment the arrogant, family hating Beans family projects onto its people. They will show off to the outside with different luncheons etc but leave commissioned sales people to clean up after hourly or salary employees. This company is focused on one thing only, money. If they can step on you, or use you to further their agenda they will.

Advice to Management

close your doors and apologize to your employees for being who you are

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales/Leasing Consultant in Doylestown, PA
    Current Employee - Sales/Leasing Consultant in Doylestown, PA

Pros

Best benefits in the industry. Best pay plans in the industry. Upper management cares and listens. I have worked in the automotive business for years and this is the place I want to retire.

Cons

Only thing I can think is that there is limited parking.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Save yourself the time, it's worse at beans, not better"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Doylestown, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Doylestown, PA

I worked at Fred Beans full-time

Pros

None, this place is an absolute joke. Employees are treated like customers, not good and management could care less about anything other than hitting their numbers. They will tell customers to come in on cars that aren't even there just to get them in the dealership

Cons

No room for advancement, awful compensation even for a college degree, managers play favoritism and Fred is simply a pompous a hole. If they can rip you off and "forget" about payroll, they will sometimes pretend that something in the system was wrong

Advice to Management

Start treating your employees better before the business is run into the ground by your already crappy reputation and poor management. I wouldn't recommend this position to anyone.