- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- China - All Cities
- - Hubei
- - Wuhan, China Area
- - Wuhan, Hubei
- United States - All Cities
- - Washington State
- - Seattle, WA Area
- - Seattle, WA
- - Tacoma, WA
- - Sammamish, WA
- - Yakima, WA Area
- - Yakima, WA
- - Texas
- - Houston, TX Area
- - Houston, TX
- - North Carolina
- - Charlotte, NC Area
- - Gastonia, NC
- - New Jersey
- - Philadelphia, PA Area
- - Cherry Hill, NJ
- - Greater Casablanca
- - Rabat, Morocco Area
- - Bouskoura
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - Bristol, United Kingdom Area
- - Bristol, England
- Uganda - All Cities
- Canada - All Cities
- - British Columbia
- - Vancouver, BC, Canada Area
- - Vancouver, BC
Found 28 of over 766 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "good benefits to work for" (in 106 reviews)
- "Great people to work with and for." (in 69 reviews)
- "Good for work life balance" (in 28 reviews)
- "The campus is beautiful, fun and feels like a community." (in 19 reviews)
- "Good work environment, an average level of stress, quality of day is generally very good." (in 16 reviews)
- "Pay is low" (in 68 reviews)
- "I personally think salaries are low for software types who can make much more in the private sector." (in 46 reviews)
- "In this setting, one or two bad managers can do a lot of damage." (in 20 reviews)
- "Their behaviors, poor management, and harassment goes unchecked" (in 14 reviews)
- "Leadership was absolutely pre" (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "fred hutch"Return to all Reviews
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Sep 16, 2021 - Postdoctoral FellowRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great career development opportunities and benefits. As a researcher, your lab is going to be the biggest impact but the structure of the organization is overall really grat.
Seattle cost of living is high and Fred Hutch pays base NIH postdoc salary. They should definitely supplement this salary to compensate for living in Seattle.
- Current Employee★★★★★Aug 29, 2021 - Research TechnicianRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
One thing I noticed straight away was the incredible amount of diversity at Fred Hutch. I feel SO welcome at Fred Hutch. The environment is one of continual learning, the work is challenging, but it never gets too busy that you push aside the actual learning behind the tasks you are doing in lab.
It can be a bit fast-paced at times, but if you aren't uncomfortable then you aren't pushing yourself.
- Former Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Sep 15, 2021 - Retail Sales Associate in Seattle, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The management at Fred Hutch is very supportive and the organization provides excellent benefits.
non-profit salary is less non-competitive with surrounding area.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Feb 18, 2021 - Applications Support Engineer II in Seattle, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Working in the Fred Hutch IT department is full of growth opportunities. Managers encourage learning new technologies and improving processes. If there's a technology that you want to get more experience with, you can probably find someone who knows a lot about it and pick their brain. The company also provides ample time off. Fred Hutch observes all US national holidays, and your vacation time grows with each year of employment. Hiring from within is also something that is encouraged. Fred Hutch is also very adamant about diversity in hiring whenever possible.
Since Fred Hutch is a non-profit, it's hard for them to stay competitive with the big tech companies in the area.
- Current Employee★★★★★Aug 24, 2021 - Research TechnicianRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Fred Hutch is a good cancer center.
I think that the Fred Hutch offer low salary
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Apr 14, 2021 - Software Developer in Seattle, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Nice view of Lake Union.
I was truly shocked that a well-regarded institution like Fred Hutch had such a poorly managed central (campus) IT department. The main probably I saw was inexperienced, unqualified rookie management. Most of the management staff has no previous management experience, and little or no IT experience. It's the blind leading the blind. Shockingly bad decision-making is the norm. And it's clear from the infrastructure and legacy software that bad decision making has prevailed for years. The place is really a mess - they literally don't know what they're doing. There is no knowledge or experience managing IT projects or personnel. Very frustrating place to work.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★Aug 12, 2021 - Administrative Coordinator in Seattle, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
In general, Fred Hutch is generous with their benefits package, including an automatic 7% contribution to your retirement whether or not you contribute from your own salary.
Depending on the division/department/team, you might find yourself in a toxic work environment without a lot of support. Do your research and reach out to people who are already working there for perspective.
- Current Employee★★★★★Aug 13, 2021 - Data Coordinator III in Seattle, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
As an organization, Fred Hutch is extremely committed to advancing science, equity, and making a positive impact on the community.
Worker satisfaction really depends on the department you work in. Some of this depends on the funding provided to each particular group and also management style.
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★Jan 19, 2021 - Manager in Seattle, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
2020 was telling...Fred Hutch showed how supportive the company truly is during these time. They support flexibility in schedule, work location, etc.
Tough transition, but upon rebalance over a brief period of time it was worthwhile.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Dec 1, 2020 - Translator in Yakima, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Wonderful, great, love to work with this company
I don't have any cons I really enjoy working for the Fred Hutch