Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. Reviews in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Houston, TX Area

1.2
Fred Loya Jr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great company, good pay, with only a high school degree, great place to get experience dealing with customers (in 8 reviews)

• Easy to get into, paid training and help aquiring license (in 7 reviews)

Cons

"It was very professional. Yet stressful."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It helps you discover that you are able to multitask. The environment is so professional that when you go to another job they actually ask you to relax.

Cons

They have an opened schedule, and they take advantage of it. Fred will literally become your life. They are always changing procedure. They cannot sick to one thing.

Advice to Management

Don't blame someone just because they made a mistake since every other week the company keep changing procedures.

"Prospective Employee BEWARE"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Training
    *Some great co-workers
    *Office opens at 9am
    *You get a Sunday off
    *You get to meet some great customers

Cons

*Every "CSR" they hire must sign a legal document and make you do direct deposit because they do not print checks out anymore, well here is the reason why, this is done so they can SHORT PAY you if you make a mistake by selling a customer a policy that should've cost the customer much more in the first place. This can happen with "the discounts or customer's personal relationship status." Rather than the CSR informing the customer the policy went up because they did not qualify for one or more of the discounts. FL will short pay your pay check the difference in order to make up money lost, because you must have applied a discount or wrong relationship status for the customer when you sold them the policy. They will short pay you the difference from the cost of that incorrect init quote you gave for as long as that customer keeps the policy (6 or 12 month policy) active.

*NO OVERTIME & NO COMMISSION FOR POLICY'S YOU'VE SOLD.

*No bonuses or incentives.

*Your schedule fluctuates it's never a steady schedule.

* No milage reimbursement, when they send you to make a late night DAILY deposit as soon as you finish cleaning the office and lock it up for the day, also no milage reimbursement if they send you to another location to clover a no show at that other location.

* You're constantly being monitored by live video cameras and microphones, not one camera but serval throughout the business.

*Constant cold calling through the entire day unless you have a customer at your desk.

*You also have to market the business with flyers or with other marketing ideas that would be beneficial towards the company but do not get paid for that.

Advice to Management

Stop taking advantage your workers, provide them commissions, milage reimbursements, set schedule that's dose not fluctuate and continued education classes. Hire a company marketing manager, don't have your CSR's do the work that's not what they were hired for. After all if it were not for your CSR worker bees, you wouldn't be able to run all of your existing offices throughout Texas.

"Insurance Agent"

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely none ! The company is a joke ! They treat employees like children ! Sorry it doesn't work that way !

Cons

Long hours, no overtime , you have to work 6 days a week , low pay , call center environment , you can't even speak to your neighbor you can't stand up for anything unless customer related, no breaks, If you don't have a sale for the day you must stay an extra hour to see if you get a sale. Pointless procedures they make you memorize a whole "Quote Protocol" and you have to literally say a whole paragraph about the "Benefits of the company " before you give the damn rate to the customers , must of the time customers don't care and tell you to tell them the price . The way they make you do things are time consuming customers time in office is anywhere from an hour to two hours because we have to get everything checked before customer leaves, and this angers customers creating a poor service. They make customers step in office to do everything ! What is this the 1970s? Company is way outdated! Their procedures are pointless, and you get in trouble for the most minimal thing I There is absolutely no work life balance and their Turn over is extremely high !

Advice to Management

Stop changing the procedures every week, learn from the big companies ! Learn to take care of your employees so they can stay with the company ! Give your employees two days off like everyone else and stop trying to find out what are the employees doing wrong try to focus on how to make your customers happy because your loosing customers like crazy cancellations are by the roof ! Why? Because of your pointless procedures and inconvenience !

"Replaceable Asset"

Former Employee - Auto Appraiser in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Auto Appraiser in Houston, TX

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As an outside appraiser you are afforded a lot of freedom. The company does provide a car and gas card which is a nice perk.

Cons

Almost every aspect of this company has issues. I will only speak on issues that I am directly familiar with. The pay is industry standard for entry level appraiser/adjustor with false promise for a "bonus". They will dangle a carrot but never actually deliver which is one of the reasons I left. Second issue is that is extremely micro managed and middle management hovering over. Third five days of vacation is a joke.

Advice to Management

Deliver on promises made. Also need to get with the times of PTO and Salary.

5. "Horroble crazy they do not care about their employees is all about them no good pay and hours are suck in houston"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Houston, TX

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good at my Job good coworkers aswell

Cons

Manegment whas never around when need it

"Bad hours and no respect for your personal life"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is ok thats it

Cons

Management
    Hours are random and not consistent

"very annoying and upsetting"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

Pros

they pay you every week, office environment is attractive (looks like a lawyers firm). good opportunity for Hispanic young people coming out of high school

Cons

Fred Loya makes it harder and harder each day to sell to customers with their ridiculous underwriting. The management is so blinded to their archaic procedures and their own pay that they dont show genuine sympathy to their employees when they have problems. They make more and more rules for the csr's everyday that you don't your bound to get a write up. You dont get benefits like sick days or vacation days until after the first year and when you ask for them, its like they dont want to give them to you,they make it really hard to get your days off when its something you earned.In my region they made my fellow coworker meet an app goal that was ridiculous to meet before she went on vacation. The app goals are not realistic, they increase the app goal at my office when we were understaffed the month before. Training manager was very unprofessional and too subjective (it felt like another high school class) . THEY DONT DO GAS/MILEAGE COMPENSATION WHEN YOU GO TO TRAINING. They make you go to meetings that probably require you to travel one distance to another (for me it was 30 mins) and i Have to clock out, drive to location and then clock in. I DONT GET PAYED FOR THE TIME IT TOOK ME TO DRIVE TO A MEETING THAT WE COULD HAVE HAD IN THE OFFICE OVER THE PHONE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!! yes im stressed out about this job as you can see.

Advice to Management

I think you need to reevaluate the benefits for employees so that that you can decrease the rate of csr's quitting. If 9 out of 10 csrs are quitting because of working conditions, WHAT DOES THAT SAY?!? and you guys may say... BUT WE TOLD U IN THE INTERVIEW THAT IT WAS DEMANDING..it is ok if a job is demanding but not abusive. I HOPE SOMEONE FROM MANAGEMENT ever reads this!! The csrs are the one making your money so I believe we should be treated with more respect, have more benefits for the amount of work that we do (we are an active call center,other companies dont make their agents do courtesy calls or do thing that an assistant/secretary would do AND sell policies AND underwriting AND administrative functions AND clean AND waste our gas to go the bank to pick your receipts ALL OF THIS FOR $10/hour basepay .YOU GUYS ARE SURE MAKING YOUR BUCK WITH US HUH??