Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Fred Loya Jr

Pros
  • Easy to get into, paid training and help aquiring license (in 8 reviews)

• Great company, good pay, with only a high school degree, great place to get experience dealing with customers (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • No Overtime (you will be written up) (in 8 reviews)

• Zero communication from upper management (in 7 reviews)

1. "Operating assistant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverdale, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverdale, GA

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. part-time

Pros

The schedule was very flexible and worked around my at home schedule

Cons

Not really much skill involved, or necessarily needed.

Advice to Management

My advice is, that as a company the daily functions of each employee's assignment be alternated. This way everyone is learning how to do new things and grow within the company. As well as getting out of their comfort zone.

2. "Pro - Pay. Con - Everything else."

Former Employee - Auto Injury Claims in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Auto Injury Claims in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time

Pros

The pay for experienced claims personnel is on the higher end of the spectrum for insurance professionals in this geographic market.

Cons

Outdated claims operating systems, the inability to make simple decisions without extreme scrutiny and approval from upper management, terrible benefits (time off is not the industry standard), and directives are often not translated to all personnel changing often with no real justification.

Advice to Management

Upgrade the operating systems! This would drastically improve efficiency for your employees. Offer adequate training (especially to professionals new to the industry) to avoid extra-contractual obligations and the headaches that come along if those files must be reassigned to a higher level. Bottom line: invest more into the talent of your employees and streamline upper management - there are too many cooks in the kitchen.

3. "Stop now worst company to work for"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You have a job in El Paso.

Cons

Lets begin. Five years I've put up with staying past the time i was expected, bonuses taken away if your 5mns late, management doesnt even let you go to the restrooms. They over work every employee and their motto is "ur salary, if u dont like it quit". Only reason i stayed was for a Five year bonus I was suppose to get in march. Two weeks ago we got an email saying they are taking away this "Discretionary" Bonus. Thanks for taking advantage of the hard dedicated workers you have Fred Loya. You know we all need the job, so you take advantage of your own people running your business.

Advice to Management

Lets begin. 5 years ive put up with staying past the time i was expected, bonuses taken away if your 5mns late, management doesnt even let you go to the restrooms. They over work every employee and their motto is "You're salary, if u dont like it quit". Only reason i stayed was for a Five year bonus I was suppose to get in march. Two weeks ago we got an email saying they are taking away this "Discretionary" Bonus. Thanks for taking advantage of the hard dedicated workers you have Fred Loya. You know we all need the job, so you take advantage of your own people running your business.

5. "insurance agen"

Current Employee - Manager Assistant in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Manager Assistant in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

not a lot of pros,flexible manager

Cons

doesnt value employees, low morale, doesnt listen to employee input,

Advice to Management

value employees, boost morale

6. "No chance for growth didn't want to retire as a Csr since they usually don't keep anyone over 40"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Palm Springs, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Palm Springs, CA

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy money if you can sell. Plus not really a physical job more mental. Did have a week vacation once year was up. Also HR was great she was always there when we needed her.

Cons

Management takes advantage of hard working Csr. Generally let's the 2nd in command do all the work. Also gas was not paid for in training and using your car around town as well. To market or make deposits ware and tear are not covered.

Advice to Management

Needs more room for growth within the company I order to keep hard working Csr's.

7. "bad management"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

no pros I can think of

Cons

long hours weekends nights----no pay

8. "good"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Orange, CA

I have been working at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

if your good at sales this would be a good job for you . If you dont like selling and want to show up and don't do nothing . do not work here

Cons

the only downside would be not selling . also the policies you sell have to be perfect when you send them to another department .

"clerk"

Former Employee - Clerical Associate in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Clerical Associate in El Paso, TX

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

excellent company, i was really happy they work student schedules, some positions have great christmas bonusses, part time but ususally full time complete 40 hours schedule, not easy to grow but not imposible i love it

Cons

they hate employees being late must be very responsible

Advice to Management

no advice i love management in el paso tx claims

10. "Insurance Agent"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vista, CA

Pros

Great hours, entry level was on the job training

Cons

Work less than 40 hours a week, 6 days a week

Advice to Management

Rotating weekends would be nice as Saturdays are generally slow.

11. "Very dissapointing do not waste your time on this greedy greedy company"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Fresno, CA

Pros

Decent benefits, flexible schedules, easy hiring process, and a nice AC unit during the summer

Cons

Very limited growth potential, absurd bonus structures. The company is so cheap they love to pile on extra work and save thousands but refuse to offer any pay raises. Instead you will see paycuts. The co is run by a bunch of folks with no degrees and no real clue about the real world outside of texas. That is why the company is crumbling. Dont waste your time looking for a career here.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your loyal employees because we both know you have very few of those. Stop trying to feed your people garbage to try to hide the fact the co is cheap and greedy with 0 concern or regards of its employees.