Fred Pryor Seminars Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Mission, KS
    Current Employee - Manager in Mission, KS

I have been working at Fred Pryor Seminars full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance, culture of learning, opportunities for advancement (growing company), fun incentives, motivational culture, good benefits and PTO.

Cons

Cannot think of any currently

Advice to Management

keep on keepin on

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Mission, KS
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Mission, KS

I have been working at Fred Pryor Seminars full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture
    Opportunity to advance
    Unlimited access to free training to promote your own career growth/skillsets
    Supportive management who wants the best for customers and employees
    PTO

Cons

Can't think of any currently.

Advice to Management

Continue to seek ways to enhance employee engagement in fun ways

"Flexible hours and good fellow employees...and that's about it."

I have been working at Fred Pryor Seminars full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours and good, friendly co-workers...that's unfortunately the only pros I can think to list. Quite simply, I can't say many nice things.

Cons

Where to begin? Pay is frankly awful. Morale...pitiful at best. Senior management reminds me of a group of 13 year old children trying to run a 7th grade economics class project, and failing miserably. They honestly don't seem to understand the basic concepts of running a sales team - at least none I've ever worked for. Far too little thought is given to customer feedback, and Pryorities (see what I did there?) are completely out of whack.

As someone who has worked a number of management positions over the years, I'm left utterly astounded by the lack of consistency, and just overall bad decision-making in this office. This company could, and should be a success. Unfortunately that is severely limited by blind arrogance and a lack of truly thoughtful decision making - Plain and simple.

Revisiting the pay for a moment - you will lose an entire month of pay during the year if you work in Sales. This, they don't bother to tell you - You'll catch on during your first 3 pay period month. Trust me, not a good thing. I still can't seem to get a satisfactory answer as to whether we are paid as hourly employees, or salary. Seems like a pretty basic question and answer. But at Pryor, the answer is carefully crafted to run circles around the question, so be warned!

Lastly, being that we are a SALES company that emphasizes the need and benefit of quality training, the "training" at this company is practically non-existent. Sincerely...that's NOT an understatement. Even management can't tell you things they SHOULD know about the ancient AS400 software that serves as the base for customer account management. That's a pretty serious issue...again, Pryorities.

I would never recommend this company to anyone...NEVER.

Advice to Management

Learn how to effectively run a sales team...first and foremost. Listen to your employee's input and your customer's suggestions-they are your bread and butter. FIX your pay issues or, at very least, adequately explain to employees why they are working for this company free for a month each year. Quit hiding blindly behind the excuse "This is how we've always done it"!

5. "Exciting"

I have been working at Fred Pryor Seminars full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Support from upper management and colleagues is amazing. Bonus potential in addition to base salary. Friendly resourceful work environment

Cons

Don't really have any cons. This is a much better place to be than other places I've worked

Advice to Management

Listen entirely to employees and their needs

6. "Learning Specialist"

Current Employee - Project Manager/Learning Specialist in Raytown, MO
    Current Employee - Project Manager/Learning Specialist in Raytown, MO

I have been working at Fred Pryor Seminars (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Team leads and Management, VERY flexible schedule

Cons

Can't really think of any.

7. "Email Marketing Analyst"

Former Employee - Email Marketing Analyst in Mission, KS
    Former Employee - Email Marketing Analyst in Mission, KS

I worked at Fred Pryor Seminars full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really enjoyed working at Fred Pryor. The people are great, from co-workers to management. Ideas were listened to and evaluated. Given the opportunity, I would go back to work there.

Cons

I don't really have anything bad to say about working at Fred Pryor. The technology could be more up to date, but before I left, that issue was being addressed.

"Improvement not necessary!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

Pros

The staff, line level employees, are truly good people. The product offering is awesome.

Cons

There are a lot of self-important, ego inflated, "Leaders" at this company. If you give honest feedback that isn't a glowing recommendation of your immediate supervisor, and all things Fred Pryor, you will be terminated. No questions asked, no explanation required. Honesty and integrity only have a place if it is consistent with the company line.

Advice to Management

Grow up. You're running a business, not a mutual admiration society. Realize and acknowledge that there is always room to improve, and don't take it personally if someone points it out.

"I'm happy here"

Current Employee - Trainer in Mission, KS
    Current Employee - Trainer in Mission, KS

I have been working at Fred Pryor Seminars full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helpful and experienced management...good people. Many opportunities and options to learn new things and utilize my skills. Small company.

Cons

They have a very strict budget. This means we really have pull on our creativity to make things work and this causes us to be limited in what we are able to do.

Advice to Management

Be more present on social media. Face your fans, you'll be surprised at the extra business you'll receive.

"You pay to work for them"

Current Employee - Seminar Presenter in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Seminar Presenter in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Fred Pryor Seminars (More than a year)

Pros

Travel the country, drive rental cars.

Cons

Travel the country stopping only a day per city, which means living out of a suitcase and not getting paid for that travel time between cities. Rental cars are always the smallest crap boxes available. Expect not to pick up car at airport but off site. So expect to waste a half hour of your time taking a taxi to the off site crap box rental.

Most hotels they book are old, stinky, decrepide places with lousy accoustics and low ceilings so people at the back can't see the screens due to distances. Expect 60 people to fit into a room that holds 45. Pryor Seminars doesn't even book coffee service for the seminars, expect people to be dissappointed with the whole cheap setup. Don't forget, this makes you look bad too. As well, you have to pay for parking and airline baggage fees. So if you make $290/day, in reality after the -$15 non-refundable and baggage fee you would be making in reality $260/day. One trainer makes only $2400/month with these folks, not enough to make a career out of it. Plus they want you to be at the seminar at 7:30am to set things up.

Advice to Management

Spend some money on presenters, locations, and simple things like coffee service with the seminars as these things represent your company.

11. "Enjoyable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mission, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mission, KS

I worked at Fred Pryor Seminars full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You where able to attend seminars for free.

Cons

They didn't do great in training you for the job or give you a chance to get better.

Advice to Management

none