KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Freebirds Reviews

Updated Jan 19, 2022

Found 296 of over 300 reviews

4.3
Freebirds CEO Alex Eagle (no image)
Alex Eagle
Pros
  • "Everything has been really good ever since I started on with the Freebirds team(in 22 reviews)

• "You’ve probably read this in a dozen other reviews, but this place is laid back and as lenient as they come(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management running the place into the ground(in 22 reviews)

• "Freebirds takes care of their people from what I can see, so there’s not much I can complain about(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Freebirds and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Jan 19, 2022 - Tribe Member
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a positive environment if you are at the right location they really care about their employees.

Cons

Not the best quality of food. It takes a really long time to move up

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not bad

Jan 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

*worked here during college, absolutely loved it *the shifts go fast because it’s super busy *the people are awesome, loved my coworkers and most of the customers *the food was delicious. I never got tired of it

Cons

*dealing with customers who sucked, especially the Kare

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good job

Jan 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are many opportunities to excel within the company. Management looks out for exceptional people who go above and beyond and will promote from within. The prefer to keep employees, so they’ll work with you to help you get better at your job. It’s the best part about working here because you’ll never feel stuck or get bored.

Cons

Wish I was paid more at first, but I think it’s fair for the work I do.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

5-star employer

Jan 13, 2022 - Cashier
      Business Outlook

Pros

Now that I think about it, I don’t have much to compare my experience at Freebirds to but I have nothing to complain about. The culture fit me like a glove and it was a pure pleasure to work in an environment where drama simply does not exist. I eventually moved on to other opportunities, but it was fun while it lasted and I’m going to miss my coworkers and the regulars here.

Cons

I don’t have any cons. Freebirds is a 5-star employer.

5. 5.0

Good company

Jan 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

just the right amount of busy most days, easy work that you can do in your sleep, good food and you get some for free during your shift, pay isn’t bad and you get tips too, coworkers are a great group of people although they change constantly

Cons

people coming and going all the time… right when you like someone, they’re gone

6. 5.0

Great coworkers

Jan 11, 2022 - Cook
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers make the job way easier Long shifts (a lot of the shifts if you’re a cook can be 8+ hours, comes with the industry) means that you become close friends with all the employees pretty quickly Great group support because of how busy it is, it felt like we all wanted each other to do well

Cons

I went to work somewhere quieter. I’m pretty introverted, though, so I know that’s not something that other people would necessarily see as a con.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fast paced place to work

Dec 14, 2021 - Cashier
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun, casual, healthy work environment. Fast paced but nothing too crazy. Great culture, does their best to stand behind and support their employees. I’ve always felt supported in every way possible. Supervisors had your back. Only had to deal while working here but he was let go pretty quickly so thankfully that worked itself out.

Cons

Communication wasn’t the greatest. That’s one thing they could work on.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Freebirds Back Of House

Dec 28, 2021 - Back of House Team Member in College Station, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Learn how to work as a part of a team - Awesome management

Cons

-On your feet and moving for 8+ hours

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

They’re super accommodating of class schedules

Dec 13, 2021 - Front of House Staff in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

My favorite thing about working here is the set shifts. If you want, you can work the same hours every week. It’s great because I have class and weekly extracurriculars that I have to go to, and working here means I don’t have to give anything up and I can still squeeze a full-time job in. I like the predictability of it — they give you clear expectations and if you meet them, they like you and you are paid well. Go in, do your job, have fun, get paid. It’s not that hard.

Cons

I don’t have a single con.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I worked here in college

Dec 12, 2021 - Line Server
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked here when I was in college and I have a lot of fond memories during my time here. I liked working the closing/opening shifts since I’d sometimes have extra time between the rushes to cram some studying in or get some homework done. My manager was always really chill with stuff like that. As long as all the work got done and it didn’t affect me helping out a customer, he didn’t mind letting me get school stuff done during work hours.

Cons

I mean, I obviously left because I graduated. I’m sure some people stay and try to work their way up, but that was never my goal. I left on good terms with everyone so I can’t really think of any cons.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 296 Reviews

Freebirds Reviews FAQs

81% of Freebirds employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Freebirds 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Freebirds to be benefits, workplace, coworkers and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Freebirds Job Seekers