Cover image for Freebirds

Found 380 of over 386 reviews

4.0
Freebirds CEO Alex Eagle
Alex Eagle

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Fishbowl, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Freebirds and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Freebirds is great

Jun 4, 2023 - Crew Member/Grill Cook in Richardson, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Moderately easy work , great food

Cons

Sometimes Hard to get consistent hours

2. 1.0

Poor culture

May 23, 2023 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Discounted food, tips, nice corporate headquarters

Cons

Poor culture, senior leadership is not trusted, fake values

3. Join the Freebirds team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0

freebirds

Mar 25, 2023 - Crew Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

teamwork communication cleanliness organization good work enviornment

Cons

managment was really not great scheudling issues

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Freebirds worker

Apr 13, 2023 - Team Member in Pearland, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay for work part time

Cons

Selling to inappropriate and rude customer

6. 5.0

Good Part Time Work

Jan 25, 2023 - Entry Level Electrical Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good part time work for students in university. Very nice and understanding staff to help train and guide you, as well as urge you to improve.

Cons

No cons I can think of.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Can’t beat Freebirds

Feb 24, 2022 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been at Freebirds for a while now and as far as working in the restaurant industry goes, you honestly can’t beat it. First, the restaurant is so well-run. Considering how busy we are, the restaurant runs like a well-oiled machine (and the food is too good for us not to not be busy all the time!) Management is kind but firm and gets what needs to get done, done. I trust them to know what to do when sh*t starts hitting the fan. Management also makes sure we get paid well, and we actually make some pretty decent tips because of how good the food is and because we have so many regulars. At other restaurants I’ve worked for, the owner tries to take as much of the money as possible away from the staff. But here, the owner and management makes sure that everyone gets their fair cut. Second, my coworkers are amazing. Everyone has a great sense of humor and works hard to ensure that nobody else is screwed over. Working in a kitchen means being part of a team, and I really feel that here. It feels like everybody really cares about each other and wants the other person to succeed. Lastly, the food is phenomenal. One of the best parts about the job is the employee discount, as well as the free food you get while you’re on the clock. I’ve never eaten a better burrito in my life!!!

Cons

We’re a popular restaurant, and it gets BUSY. No matter what position you work, you’re running around constantly! But that’s the norm for working at a restaurant. People who complain about it aren’t really cut out for this kind of industry

8. 3.0

Good team but overworked

Mar 23, 2023 - Tribe Member in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers, casual environment, flexible schedule

Cons

Understaffed, high turnover among new team members

9. 3.0
    Former Employee

below average experience but reasonable for what it was

Dec 25, 2022 - FOH
    Business Outlook

Pros

-If you do your job without complaining, w/o coming to work high or without some big drama, management loves you. -It is a pretty easy job if you can regulate your emotions and at least pretend to be nice to staff and members. -Everyone is super laid back so censorship is never an issue. You can discuss your ideas in the workplace with ease. Nothing will come of it but it gives you an opportunity to use the environment to train yourself for future jobs. You learn of the consequences and successes of particular statements by simple observation of others. -Staff gets tired very, very easily so they ask you to pick up their pace. Always say "yes" because it gives you a chance to learn new things, be more global and more valuable in the work place (any place you want to work for that matter)

Cons

-Everyone at work is always high or drunk or very preoccupied with their music. -People dodge the full responsibilities they were assigned. No one likes refilling the hot/cold bar. It is arguably THE MOST important thing at a store because people eat and spend money with their eyes. Only one person usually is up to fill it w/o management begging. (that was me) -If you are a female, especially petite, you will be hit on by both staff and members. They will causally compliment you and how "you never skip leg day" be mentally prepared for that non stop attention. -everyone cuts corners so no one has properly trained themselves to be quick or competent w/ the job title they signed up for. It is important you still maintain the standard the company wants because they have data on this stuff. It will always benefit you to learn the proper and ethical way of doing things. don't get distracted by corner cutters. -Night shift is far more lax from morning shift so be aware when you try to work there. I worked a few night shifts and the work ethic is so incredibly different. It is like working for a diff company. -FB don't take anything out from taxes so you always end up having to give the gov money. My accountant showed me in detail. -When the truck comes in, everyone dodges the responsibility of putting stuff in the walk in. Sometimes it sits out for over a few hours. Just do the work. It does not matter who is supposed to do it. Just do it yourself if you walk into your shift and it has not been done. Take responsibility for potential sickness the sitting out food can cause. -carry a box cutter with you. I know it does not make sense bc you work food industry but you will use the box cutter daily to open up stuff. management is not always organized or willing to give staff tools they need to complete tasks. carry a box cutter. they will not provide you with one. -It's hard to explain but the complainers and corner cutters get treated really well. They even get free food. It's so unusual for a company to encourage poor behavior and discourage people who are consistent with their job titles. It does not make sense unless you have worked working class jobs like this. -All day and all night long, staff steps outside to vape and smoke pot. It is endless and non stop. If you don't participate (I suggest you don't for long term success in life) you will have to pick up the pace for the missing staff. It gives you a change to develop leadership skills, so use it to your advantage. - Management is suppose to check temps and they hate it, so they make staff do it. It takes a long time and it keeps you from helping customers. also, tbh, everyone i watch doing it fakes all the numbers. -If you don't work hard, management will talk poorly about you behind your back . They will never address the issue with the poor worker. instead they will gossip with non managers. one big gossip was calling people R2D2, it means "roll 2, dodge 2" the comment makes sense if you work there. - Management is not always professional. A lower tier manager shared the amount everyone made hourly. It caused such anger that a woman that got paid a lot quit her job. She was making 14 (plus tips) as a non manager. The average at the store was 9.00-10.50. She was making what the managers made. The 9 dollar people got mad and some quit as well. -sometimes staff sexualize themselves because the environment produces that type of mentality. I had a manager always talk about her ex stripper life and an older man she dated with sexual exploits attached. Anyone who would listen got the story. I also had another female manager ask me if i wanted a threesome with her and her man. I am not that kind of person. unclear why she assumed, for even a second, I am like that. Don't bother snitching. Nothing comes of it. These jobs are fast pace and turnover is high. People will come at you all different types of ways. Sometimes the change of command will downplay what happened, which is why nothing comes of it. -you will know about everyones deep dark secrets because they casually share them with everyone. no one will know about your secrets so they dislike you as a consequence . try your best to not get mixed into their drama. just do your job and stay busy so they can't talk to you a lot. -when higher ups show up to the stores, everyone is eager to show their best behavior. all of a sudden the person who is always out back smoking dope is the fastest worker and for some reason, high ups really believe it to be true.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Decent

Jan 17, 2023 - Fast Food Worker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment in the facility

Cons

not much hours are given

11. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good for kids

Feb 14, 2023 - Prep Cook in Murphy, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Only pro are if your a favorite

Cons

Pay and hours are not guaranteed

Viewing 1 - 10 of 380 Reviews
</>Embed

Freebirds Reviews FAQs

Freebirds has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 386 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at Freebirds to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Freebirds employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Freebirds. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.

77% of Freebirds employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Freebirds 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Freebirds to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be culture, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Freebirds Job Seekers