Freedom Consulting Group Reviews

4.4
Freedom Consulting Group CEO/CFO Dana Gift
Dana Gift
0 Rating

"Best place I have worked"

I have been working at Freedom Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Small company with prime contracts. Management truly cares about employees. Great benefits and there are a lot of social activities with co-workers. I enjoy the work I do and feel important.

Cons

None. Any cons can be discussed with managers and they are fixed.

2. "Good first company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Freedom Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Management really tried their best to listen to you; open door policy with all the founders makes you feel like it is easy to voice your opinion; good work life balance given that it is a government contracting industry and they cannot work you forever;

Cons

Have to fight a little bit to get compensated well

3. "Good but a fairly generic experience"

4.0
    Current Intern - Software Engineer(Internship)

I have been working at Freedom Consulting Group

Pros

Very laid back and offer interns a lot of freedom with their own projects. People are very nice.

Cons

Compensation isn't great. Cramped office space.

Freedom Consulting Group Response

February 6, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

It is true that we have a comfortable and laid back atmosphere for our interns and offer a lot of freedom when working on projects. To address the cons in this review, we are a company that cares for all of our employees: Our compensation amounts are reviewed regularly and increases are made, as appropriate. Also, we have relocated to a much larger office space with plenty of room for growth!

4. "Great Company that actually cares about you"

I have been working at Freedom Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits - they pay for your health insurance, there's lots of company events that are interesting and fun, and people actually listen to you when you have a concern.

Cons

As a small company, its tough to have to battle with the big guys sometimes.

5. "FCG Rocks!!!"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at Freedom Consulting Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

FCG is a family-friendly company. The partners care about each individual employee and their family and make it a priority to get to know their employees. It's not always easy to get to know everyone, especially with employees spread throughout the MD/DC/VA corridor, however, it's definitely important to them, and I value this in an employer. I will be celebrating my sixth year with FCG in a few months. I'm extremely loyal to FCG and I've grown significantly in my career with the support of FCG leadership. The corporate overhead of the company strives to make FCG employees feel welcome and encourages each of us to grow in our career path. I attend annual training seminars (typically out of the state) that foster my continued development. FCG is a say "yes" company, as long as there's a mutual benefit to the employee and the company. I'm very proud to work at a company that puts its employees, and integrity in business, first in all instances. FCG is a diverse group and is made up of employees with all levels of experience. The company events hosted by FCG are meant to create a fun, creative and welcoming environment for everyone and the holiday party is nothing short of spectacular. I'm also an employee owner, thanks to our ESOP. We have excellent benefits for individuals and families.

Cons

Employees are spread out over MD/DC/VA, which makes it more difficult to get everyone together for company events.

Continue reading
  6. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Database Engineer

I have been working at Freedom Consulting Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Worked with/for two of the partners at previous employers and signed on when they started their own company without a second thought. 10+ years later and it's still a great company to work for - great people and great benefits.

Cons

Occasional growing pains but they try to get things right and fix them if they're not.

7. "CTO"

Current Employee - Chief Technology Officer in Columbia, MD

Pros

Great company! They listen to their employees, focus on what is important.

Cons

None! The only con, would be that they don't have work in Arizona!

Continue reading
  8. "Awesome place to work"

Senior Software Engineer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Freedom Consulting Group for more than 10 years

Pros

Freedom has been constantly growing since I was hired, and even through all of the growth they haven't lost that small company feel. You can easily reach out to the owners with ideas and feedback. You're taken seriously and the work ethic and values at Freedom are top-notch!

Cons

Cons? Well I've been here 10+ years, so I'm a little partial to the company... obviously. I can't think of anything major as a con. They've done a great job keeping me happy. That has to count for something, right?

"Satisfied Current Employee"

I have been working at Freedom Consulting Group

Pros

Freedom Consulting Group has an amazing small company feel with a corporate staff that truly believes in the people they support.

Cons

The only cons to working at Freedom Consulting Group are the normal issues working for a government contracting company.

Continue reading
  10. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Freedom Consulting Group full-time

Pros

They really do treat their employees well. They've got all the standard benefits. They've got great education/training benefits, and they actually back them up by giving you the time off to pursue them. For an employer their size, they have pretty great health care benefits, and they work really hard to keep the costs reasonable without losing benefits. Since most employees work on site with their government clients, they have events throughout the year to provide opportunities to socialize with the rest of the company.

Cons

Most of their positions require a security clearance.

Found 13 reviews