Freedom Equity Group Reviews

Updated Jun 19, 2020

3.1
Freedom Equity Group President & CEO Ron Petrinovich  (no image)
Ron Petrinovich

"Be your own boss!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Freedom Equity Group part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have read many comments from people who look at this opportunity like a 9-5. They want a job. Freedom Equity Group is for people who want to be their own boss and build a business with little overhead, great income, and real residuals. I highly respect the leaders and founders of the company because I have had nothing but positive experiences with them. We have the top carriers and top products to fit client needs. What more could one ask for?

Cons

Some people do not give enough time to grow and build their business correctly, so they give up before reaching their potential.

"Not An Honest Company"

Former Employee - Agent

I worked at Freedom Equity Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

The company will complete a legal transaction.

Cons

This company does not provide the entire truth to clients. They are only interested in profiting for themselves. I worked to convince people that there was a better alternative for retirement by using insurance policies(i.e. Indexed Universal Life) but it was not truthful. I purchased my own policy and over time lost money instead of gained it. Myself and all my clients would have been better off putting money in a mattress. Do not trust this company!

Continue reading
  3. "Pretty much the same"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Freedom Equity Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

If you like the MLM method this is one of the larger ones in this space.

Cons

Same MLM structure of others in this space. Recruit and sell your list and theirs.

4. "Dishonest"

Former Employee - IT Director

I worked at Freedom Equity Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Relatively easy work. Flexible hours

Cons

Management fails to communicate with staff. They work on a different project, cutting the lead person out of the loop, keeping them in the dark.

5. "Freedom Equity Group"

4.0
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Freedom Equity Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is growth potential at F.E.G.

Cons

It is solely commission base.

"Caveat Emptor! (Due Diligence Required!!!)"

I worked at Freedom Equity Group

Pros

No "Pros" .... see "Cons" below!

Cons

To All Folks Interested in Freedom Equity Group (FEG) - I had a one-call discussion with a member of the Kaiser Team which is an affiliate agency of FEG. During this call I tried to ask every question reasonably possible in order to understand the sales process, the training process, the commission plan, and how the program worked. AFTER payment of my $125 fee and talking with a different individual within Kaiser, I learned that I had been mislead in my first conversation both in what I was told and what I wasn't told regarding material information that would have caused me not to participate. I immediately asked for a refund of my $125 fee. Kaiser said it was out of their hands and referred me directly to FEG. Even after trading multiple emails explaining to FEG what had taken place, their response was "No Refund". As part of their response they pointed me to the fact that it clearly states "Non-Refundable" at the time of the payment of the $125 fee. FEG also stated in their response to me "Please understand that if we refund you then that opens us up to not being fair to any other agent that was told no". So clearly others have asked for a refund as well. So to borrow an old Latin phrase ... "Caveat Emptor" (Let the Buyer Beware). No matter what the reason you will NOT get your money back ... even if you try to cancel immediately due to misrepresentation or not full disclosure. You can make your own decision but for me I cannot work for someone that I cannot trust. If you do choose to explore an opportunity with FEG or an affiliate, please do your due diligence in whatever way you feel appropriate before moving forward.

"Independent Agents Beware - Join At Your Own Risk"

Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Freedom Equity Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

I tried to make this work for six months. They have products with two carriers that are very good and not available to majority of agents. I was a contracted agent.

Cons

55%-70% Contract. MLM. Heavy on recruiting, and selling to warm market. Running through the numbers of agents. Without warm market, you can't see enough to make this work. No leads. Little training. Very, very tough here compared to so many other IMO's out there with leads, live closers, serious product training that's recorded and available 24/7. Will not release under any circumstance, for all carriers once you write with one carrier. Truly hostage. $125 to start. Dave Weiner Digital Team : over 1000 people lost hundreds to thousands of dollars in 2018, maybe 40 people left on that team. Over 100 complaints. No response from mgmt after promising they would protect agents from Weiner and change policies. Seems like they're just riding it out until they sell.

"Insurance Agent"

I have been working at Freedom Equity Group part-time

Pros

Fun, community, helping others and freedom

Cons

Takes a lot of time to establish client base and be profitable

"Life Insurance Agent"

I worked at Freedom Equity Group full-time

Pros

The flexibility of not having a 9-5 job.

Cons

Need to have entreprener mind set.

"Life protection Agent"

I have been working at Freedom Equity Group full-time

Pros

Love the products and meeting new people everyday

Cons

The company makes you do self generated leads

Found 19 reviews