Freedom Financial Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Andrew Housser & Bradford Stroh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Culture, pay, people, growth, and work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• They truly help people and I can say this without a doubt in my mind, they are truly the best company to work for (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no cons working for this company (in 8 reviews)

• High stress, extremely long hours, negative upper management (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Trust me, you want to work here!"

Current Employee - Enrollment Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Enrollment Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Freedom Financial Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Freedom Financial is literally the best place I've ever worked and I tell that to everyone! If you've worked in other call centers before you know they can tend to have a negative atmosphere, but here that is not the case at all. I absolutely love coming to work everyday , the staff and employees are always coming in with positive energy and making sure we are starting our days off right. Everyone here is so caring and considerate , they feed us, and make sure that if we ever need help with anything they are here for us all. This company is down right amazing and Im grateful to be apart of the Freedom Family !

Cons

There are no cons working for this company

2. "Support"

Current Employee - Support in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Support in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Freedom Financial Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Alot of over time and opportunity.

Cons

Post call survey are not fair

Advice to Management

None

3. "Great place to work at, but like all jobs, there are some things you won’t like."

I have been working at Freedom Financial Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company does a lot for its employees. we get a free monthly lunch, amazing benefits such as vacation and sick time, major holidays off, 401k, health dental and vision insurance. They also donate money to employees in need through out freedom fund, we pay $3 on Wednesday to wear jeans and the company matches it and donates it to employees who have fallen on hard times. They do quite a lot for us and do try hard to make it a great place to work, at least the upper upper management. I have worked here less than 2 years and make really good money, its very easy to promote and make more money without going to being an actual member of management. I’ve made some amazing friendships at this company. I did not have call center experience prior to working here. Considering I have no college degree I’d be quite happy to work here for a very long time.

Cons

I have to admit, at least in the department I am in, the leadership team can be very hard headed and hard to find. They are constantly in meetings, and do not take well to advice given to them to make the company better. Very micro managed & they definitely take things as a personal attack if you try to suggest a change. This is only the department I’m currently in, so I can’t speak to every single department (I am not in customer service however) but it definitely gets to you a while when time and time again you voice concerns over issues that are constantly ignored.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees who might have good suggestions and try to make positive Changes to the department.

4. "DC-Tempe AZ = Best place to work for many reasons"

Current Employee - Debt Consultant in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Debt Consultant in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Freedom Financial Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helping families get out of debt

Flexible work schedule

Management that cares for employees well being

Culture that makes you feel at home

Real expectations set forth and no over promising.

I am happy and grateful to go in to the office daily.

Lots of resources more than willing to help.

Cons

I don’t really feel it is necessaraly a con, however training is taken very seriously. My advice is to stay focused in training and put away your phones as there is a lot of information to absorb and ensure you abide to regulations and guidelines.

Advice to Management

Management is fantastic, spiffs and contest keep the environment fun. I really can’t say a negative thing about my experience at Freedom.

5. "Sales"

I have been working at Freedom Financial Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's all good if you can sleep your way into inner circle

Cons

Too much favoritism and cheating it's such a toxic fake environment the grass is always greener on the other side but it's just as hard to mow it. Call centers Wil always be crappy

Advice to Management

New people. Please. Turn over sucks but would rather have low amount of people and better quality.

Freedom Financial Network Response

Mar 26, 2018 – Vice President of Human Resources

At Freedom, we always strive to provide a supportive experience especially to those team mates who have recently joined us. I am sad that you have experienced difficulties and would appreciate an... More

6. "Loan Specialist"

I worked at Freedom Financial Network full-time

Pros

Company is solid and growing. Highly regulated. Solid team who cares about each other

Cons

Database is overworked, discrepancy in numbers among team, favoritism with some employees

7. "Very Satisfied"

Current Employee - Client Services in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Client Services in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Freedom Financial Network full-time

Pros

I love this company! The hours are great. The company is growing, which means a full parking lot, so they will pay for you to take an Uber every day (if within 15 miles) to alleviate parking congestion! Management truly cares about your progression and wants you to be promoted. There are many ways to make extra money, lots of opportunity for advancement. Paid lunches/snacks usually once a month. Thorough new hire training.

Cons

Sick time takes 90days to accrue and leads to higher than necessary turnover.

Advice to Management

Quality assurance team could play a bigger role in call center. The ongoing training you receive once you have left “training bay” could use some improvement.

"Be Careful because they sell you on a sales job!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Freedom Financial Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I started the company culture was one that was competitive, but everyone wanted everyone else to succeed. It was a culture that helped each other and wanted everyone to win. In training class it was sold as the heart (helping) is more important than the dollar and they truly meant it.

Another positive was the ability to pick a schedule that was flexible (i.e. days and the time of day).

Cons

After they started expanding so rapidly the culture changed. It became a place where the new people didn't care about anyone but themselves and a lot of stealing of leads would happen. There was a new manager that came in and he wasn't all about the heart over the dollar. The dollar was the bottom line.

They sell you on the idea of making so much money and use unrealistic examples. They sight people who are making 6 figures but don't tell you those people are working on their days off and not on the clock. They are putting in 50-60 hours per week.

9. "Employee Freedom"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Freedom Financial Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Clear goals, consistent work, great support, freedom to work your own way

Cons

Commission % continued to decrease even though generating the same if not more revenue for the company

Advice to Management

Management - stop being so greedy.

"Really Care About Their Employees"

I have been working at Freedom Financial Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom is a great place to work at. Not only do they feed you all the time, but they are always doing raffles where you can get gift cards to places like Starbucks, Amazon, Subway, etc. They are always doing fun activities for us, so you don't always feel like all you do is show up and work all day. The main thing that I love about this place is they have a fund dedicated to their employees. If you are having financial problems due to medical bills, mortgage payments, your child need braces, etc. They are here to help. I can tell you first hand. I asked for help and within 24 hours they directed deposited money into my account to help me in my financial hardship. I love how you only have to be in your current position 90- days to be able to move up the corporate latter. This is a place I would love to make a career out of. I have never been happier at another company.

Cons

The sick time accrue could be better and their attendance policy is a little on the strict side. Hard to maintain a perfect attendance record for 90 days straight in order to move up in the company. the compensation, at least for my position, could be a little higher. I know of other jobs that would pay more for the position I am in.