Freedom Financial Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 12, 2018

3.9
Andrew Housser & Bradford Stroh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Making my own schedule because it enhances my family work life balance" (in 10 reviews)

• "helping people out of a messy financial situation" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons working for this company" (in 12 reviews)

• "upper management just does not care and HR missing in action" (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Client Services"

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Freedom Financial Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This Company Truly is a Company who look out for the best interest of their employees. i have never seen anything so awesome. Freedom has help me in my time of need . Freedom is beyond awesome to their Clients and their Employees. I am literally in awe of how selfless this company is. Freedom Financial thank you for all you do really making this place feel like Home and Family. I cant wait to grow here .

Cons

nothing negative its literally the best place to work .

2. "Reason they are the top company to work for"

I have been working at Freedom Financial Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked at alot of the "top companies to work for in AZ" and this is the first one I can say actually fits the bill. They genuinely care about you and your success. They have programs to help you if you are in a bind and the people I work with are amazing. The CEO's come around and talk to you like you are a fellow 1% and dont make you feel less than them. It is the first job I wake up and dont think great here we go again.

Cons

Hugely relies on marketing flow for new leads which can lead to slow day in the office.... but there is a lead pool of over 20k you can dip into at any time they are just used and called alot but there are so gold nuggets among them.

Advice to Management

keep it up. for the first time i can say it and mean it

3. "Heart"

I have been working at Freedom Financial Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom is like no other employer, Freedom has unique core values that truly define who they are as an organization, CARE which is truly represented when dealing with the client base on a day to day but also importantly the employees themselves, Freedom consistently demonstrates their HEART for the employees that may find themselves in difficult times or situations, for myself Freedom was there immediately when my family & I found ourselves dealing with the unexpected, which to me answers the question to WHY I get up daily and drive 40+ miles per day one way to work for not only the best place in the Phoenix metro area but for a company that's name goes well beyond just financial freedom, FREEDOM is truly a ONE OF A KIND best place to work.

THANK YOU FREEDOM for all you do through the HEART !!!

Cons

I do not have any negative things to say about Freedom.

Advice to Management

Never change who you are, always manage first with the HEART

4. "Stingy with everything"

Pros

Good work life balance. Depending on your team and manager, there’s certain gems who make it fun here.

Cons

They are so stingy with every single benefit here. Don’t let them lie to you and tell you they have a WFH policy - it’s only for select employees and comes with a LOT of restrictions. PTO is 15 days - they JUST changed it from 10 last year. Holidays are the bare minimum they can give. Even if July 4 lands on a Thursday, don’t worry they won’t give you that Friday off and will make you come in to work. Insurance plans are expensive with high deductibles. No snacks and they actually installed a vending machine in the break room with a large selection of food that you can PAY for. Management is so out of touch with Bay Area standards and refuse to update it. They might have won “best places to work in Arizona”...but that’s because it’s Arizona. San Mateo is not the same as Arizona and culture and needs are different here. When will management understand that?

The leadership also doesn’t listen to employees. During the employee survey that went around, it was clear that company and team culture was unacceptable. Nothing has been done to remedy that except for adding more projects onto the workload. Do you know what culture is? It’s flexibility, trust in the employees, competent managers that care about the employee’s career trajectory. You have a TOXIC culture when a flood of employees have left in the past half year, a VP who has worked here for a year hasn’t been able to produce results, and the CMO is so defensive of every single decision that she can’t take other people’s opinions or even have an accurate pulse on what’s going on in the team.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at yourself and what is going on with the team. Can you call this true leadership when the best talent has left the team? You can’t retain top talent when you give them the stick and never the carrot. We don’t care about holiday themed stress balls that we get every year. We’d rather see that money funneled into real benefits that will improve employee morale. Promote people and give them the resources when they need it and not 2 years later - that’s how you keep talent.

5. "It was great for 2 years"

I have been working at Freedom Financial Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Atmosphere used to be great,

Cons

now it has become a miserable place to work, lot of favoritism , manager are and supervisor are extremely unprofessional , place is revolving door, turn offer is very high, a lot of infighting between sup and upper management, they are not I. The same page.

6. "Amazing Company"

I have been working at Freedom Financial Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lot of opportunity to learn and grow, supportive management that believes in their people, friendly, fun and knowledgeable, relaxed atmosphere, pay, bonuses and benefits, office environment.

Cons

Not a lot of structure and communication needs to improve between departments.

Freedom Financial Network Response

Nov 6, 2018 – Vice President of Human Resources

We appreciate the great feedback, especially your experiences in learning and growing your career. To know you find working at Freedom such a positive and supportive experience is not surprising... More

7. "Not together"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Freedom Financial Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and coworkers overall

Cons

Management does not keep its employees in the loop with promised pay and compensation.

8. "If you are sales talent, you should be working here!!!"

Current Employee - Debt Consultant in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Freedom Financial Network (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom has there employees back. I was going through a tough time and Freedom went above and beyond to help me in my personal life. Every job I've had my employers were more concerned about bottom line than the people working for them. Freedom understands that by taking care of people, the bottom line will be positively affected. I truly love this company

Cons

I can't think of none. It's the best job, best pay I've ever had.

Advice to Management

Remember to keep employees in forefront as we grow

9. "Debt Consultant II"

I have been working at Freedom Financial Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Making my own schedule because it enhances my family work life balance.

Cons

The very low base pay.

10. "abc"

I have been working at Freedom Financial Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

beautiful new building in tempe

Cons

lack of communication within company