Freedom Mortgage Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 518 reviews

2.2
Stanley Middleman
Pros
Cons
  • "The mandatory overtime does not make for a good work/life balance(in 16 reviews)

• "They made us customer service reps instead of loan officers (yes I passed the test on the first try)(in 25 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fostering home ownership and helping fulfill the American Dream. Freedom Mortgage delivers to customers and employees."

Current Employee - Finance in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at Freedom Mortgage full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great people and co workers, a focus on community, customers and service. Leadership is committed to the growth and development of employees providing opportunities to work in various roles in the loan origination and servicing process.

Cons

As a privately held company, some aspects of performance are not transparent, though this is a competitive strength in the marketplace.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting our employees with great recognition initiatives. Leadership conference, internal recognition programs, and building for the long term.

Freedom Mortgage2019-04-13

April 15, 2019VP Marketing

Thank you so much for your five-star review! We appreciate the comments. We are happy you have great co-workers and value leadership's commitments to colleague development and opportunities. Thanks for being part of the Freedom Mortgage team!

2. "Great company. Promotes from within"

Current Employee - Vice President in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at Freedom Mortgage full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Company continues to make great strides in community involvement and employee engagement. Opportunity to grow career.

Cons

Typical mortgage industry challenges of hiring/layoff in response to changing markets.

Freedom Mortgage2019-04-25
  3. "Do Well and Do Good When you work at Freedom"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Marlton, NJ

I have been working at Freedom Mortgage full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

They actively seek and act upon feedback. Constantly evolving in the market and culture. Agile to be successful in any market conditions. Provide career pathing and mentorship opportunities. They are very active in the communities they serve, I am grateful to be a part of this company!

Cons

I live an hour away, so commute time keeps me from my family more than I would like. Wish there was more flexibility with work from home.

Freedom Mortgage2019-04-19

"A company in game-changing growth that will challenge you"

Current Employee - IT Program Manager in Moorestown, NJ

I have been working at Freedom Mortgage full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Fast, adaptive company with strong management that's taken it from founding to a top industry player in just 29 years. Committed to innovate so market changes can be exploited instead of survived. The smartest management team I've worked with in a 34-year career. A corporate culture you're proud to talk about, that gives back to the community.

Cons

Not for the 9-5 set, or people who don't deal with change well. The bar is set very high by people who have it set high for themselves as well, so you'll never stop being expected to take your skills and contributions to the next level, no matter what you've done to date. That's not a "con" for some people, but knowing if this fits your style is key to being happy and successful here.

Freedom Mortgage2019-04-12

April 15, 2019VP Marketing

We appreciate your five-star review! Freedom Mortgage takes pride in our culture, community activities and agility - and are glad you recognize them. Thank you for helping us foster homeownership and for being part of the team.

"An Honest Review"

I have been working at Freedom Mortgage full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

- A good place for college grads to get a foot in the door. Growth opportunities are available for those who excel. Also lots of other young people which makes it a fun work place. - Powerful name in the industry. Not immune to rocky times, but positioned to be more stable than most companies. I have trust in the Stan's vision for the company. -A perfect sized company. Large enough for stability, but small enough where...

Cons

- If interviewing with Freedom understand the job you are interviewing for and mortgage industry trends. Entry level sales people will get weeded out if they are underperforming. The hours and overall job for sales aren't for everybody. Other jobs are created because volume rises, but will be deemed unnecessary when volume falls. HR obviously won't tell you these things which leads to some understandable hurt feelings...

Freedom Mortgage2019-04-12

April 15, 2019VP Marketing

Thank you for your honesty and for the five-star review. We appreciate the comments and your commitment to Freedom Mortgage. We wish you continued success at the Company.

6. "Great leadership, great products."

Current Employee - Retail Loan Officer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Freedom Mortgage full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Strong company with several divisions generating brand awareness and income. Great products, marketing,support, leadership

Cons

Need better mobile app for customers

Advice to Management

Keep supporting commuity give back activities

Freedom Mortgage2019-04-11

April 15, 2019VP Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to write this five-star review! We are happy you recommend Freedom's leadership and products as well as appreciate our community support. We are glad you are part of it!

7. "Employee"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative

I worked at Freedom Mortgage full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Nice group of co-workers, willingness to help each other!

Cons

Unprofessional! Management promotes by means of favoritism.

Advice to Management

Manage, no one cares what you do before you come to work! Your title doesn't make you special!

Freedom Mortgage2019-04-22

"Good starting/learning place for your career as a loan officer"

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Freedom Mortgage full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Salary is good, great people to work with, often fun competitions for prizes or cash for doing your job, and casual work environment (Tempe)

Cons

Constant change of commission structure, paid by how many closing (not by size of loans), need a min of 6 closings to make any money on commission(kept increasing). Micro managed, junk leads if you're not top tier or just starting

Advice to Management

Fight for your employee's commission, don't give false promises on better/more leads.

Freedom Mortgage2019-04-04

April 5, 2019Communications Director

We are glad you found Freedom Mortgage to be a good starting point for a loan officer career. Thank you for sharing your pros and cons. Hearing your advice helps us improve.

9. "Personal Growth"

Current Employee - Vice President in Marlton, NJ

I have been working at Freedom Mortgage full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

training, development, cool boss and great co-workers, experienced co-workers and management willing to help you learn and grow

Cons

the mortgage industry has ups and down

Advice to Management

there are gems in the employee base, continue to nurture them

Freedom Mortgage2019-04-04

April 5, 2019Communications Director

We are so glad to hear Freedom Mortgage contributed to your career growth and that you had great colleagues. Thank you for your work and for helping is foster home ownership in America!

"Strong Leadership - Brilliant People"

Current Employee - Marketing in Marlton, NJ

I have been working at Freedom Mortgage full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Some of the brightest minds in the mortgage industry and across disciplines: technology, sales, marketing, finance. The passion and personal commitment of employees is inspiring. While the expectation is high - FM supports employees and work life balance. Employee loyalty at the mid and senior levels.

Cons

The culture is often to build and do internally, which limits innovation.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize talent and show employee appreciation. Getting the CEO and other Senior Executives in front of all employees builds loyalty. First Flyers aren't the only talented people in the company - treat everyone to the same advantages.

Freedom Mortgage2019-03-27

March 27, 2019VP Marketing

Thank you for posting this five-star review and for helping us foster home ownership! We appreciate hearing your many "pros" (as well as the "advice").

Found 518 reviews