Freedom Mortgage "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

Freedom Mortgage Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated 4 Apr 2019

2.5
Freedom Mortgage CEO Stanley Middleman (no image)
Stanley Middleman
Pros
  • "Overall, I enjoy the work environment and the progressive attitude that Freedom leaders possess(in 21 reviews)

• "The work-life balance was decent(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "always changing salary structure making loan officers earn less for same loans closed(in 29 reviews)

• "Company is pushing out a lot of great managers and loan officers with their current strategy(in 28 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "BEST COMPANY EVER"

Current Employee - Funding Resolution in Moorestown, NJ

I have been working at Freedom Mortgage full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Freedom Mortgage is THE best company I have ever worked for. The reason they are THE best are for quite a few reasons. I was a part-time student for a significant amount of time and Freedom worked with my schedule. They offer great benefits. Freedom is highly customer focused. Freedom takes the time out to honor its employees achievements through various reward incentives. Overall, I enjoy the work environment... and the progressive attitude that Freedom leaders possess.

Cons

I have nothing to report for cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Freedom Mortgage2018-05-25

"Good starting/learning place for your career as a loan officer"

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Freedom Mortgage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary is good, great people to work with, often fun competitions for prizes or cash for doing your job, and casual work environment (Tempe)

Cons

Constant change of commission structure, paid by how many closing (not by size of loans), need a min of 6 closings to make any money on commission(kept increasing). Micro managed, junk leads if you're not top tier or just starting

Advice to Management

Fight for your employee's commission, don't give false promises on better/more leads.

Freedom Mortgage2019-04-04

"Company trying to grow too fast"

Former Employee - Senior Loan Coordinator in Moorestown, NJ

I worked at Freedom Mortgage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits were ok, managers and teammates were ok

Cons

Job security is an issue, training is inadequate, barely any worthwhile incentives, stressful work environment, low pay

Advice to Management

Take the time to figure out and implement the most efficient systems to better streamline the overall process.

Freedom Mortgage2018-11-04

"Decent experience with poor ending"

Former Employee - Loan Advisor

I worked at Freedom Mortgage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Anytime I needed help, my manager and STL as well as the sales coaches were more than willing to assist. Decent salary. Good location. Social atmosphere CAN be fun.

Cons

Fast Track program is set up awfully and it stunts the growth of both the employees and the sales coaches. As other reviews say, meetings will be held telling you not to panic and then the hammer drops. Was told my job was safe less than one week before mass layoffs hit. It was a sympathetic and understanding meeting when they let us go. No chance to make actual commission. Had close to 50 loans in my pipeline in 3... months, only saw 15 of them close due to the poor processing procedures, and the commission pay scale kept changing. What’s upsetting is that they pay Managers and STLs based on certain team statistics, and they are then forced to push those stats more than actual closings it feels like at times, and it makes for a hectic work environment. It’s also clear that the UPPER management, I’m talking top tier VPs and above, are more invested in the First Flyers succeeding instead of any other employees.

Advice to Management

While I was grateful to be hired in the Fall when rates started moving up, it was shocking that a company was bringing so many people on. It spread the work too thin, rates got worse, and now a lot of good people are out of work and it’s not even based on performances per say. While the company can’t control the federal reserve and the yield on the treasury, they can certainly control their hiring procedures.... Unfortunate it ended this way because I really did enjoy most of my time at Freedom overall.

Freedom Mortgage2018-05-22

"Decent Employer"

Former Employee - Network Engineer

I worked at Freedom Mortgage full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Work Environment, Smart Mentors, Treats workers well

Cons

Too volatile, Can get canned quickly if housing market dips.

Freedom Mortgage2018-03-16

"Lay offs without notice or reason given to hard working employees"

Current Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at Freedom Mortgage full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Affordable medical insurance. Some positions offered are remote.

Cons

Retail call center: No core values . Unethical treatment of staff by management creating a hostile work environment, resulting in less production by those working in a negative work climate. Mouse pads or other trinkets given in lieu of year end bonus. Owner sends memos regarding billion dollar record breaking months followed by layoffs ! LOL

Advice to Management

Musical chairs great game for 5 year olds but not in business. Flipping teams around do not enable co-workers or managers to build strong productive working relationships especially in a remote environment. Practice what is preached. One loan, one goal, one team ! Actually it’s every man/woman for him/her self attitude.

Freedom Mortgage2018-02-07

"Not Worth Your Time"

I worked at Freedom Mortgage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Colleagues become close through the nature of the training program and in trying to understand inept management. They do promote networking

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, grueling hours, hostile work environment (one of the VPs harassed me and others almost daily despite repeated requests to stop and has a history of being inappropriate to females), unethical management, low pay and minimal benefits per industry standards, the product is not competitive.. you will work most Saturday's and live on a clock. They changed the commission structure multiple times... in my time there (always for the worse) and have begun losing top talent due to it. There is also no communication between different departments which leads to internal stress and frustrated borrowers. Layoffs can be expected multiple times per year, all while they hire waves of fresh college grads who have little or no idea of what they're getting themselves into

Advice to Management

Treat your employees right by providing fair compensation and by respecting a real work-life balance. Quit abusing young talent to squeeze everything you can out of them. Realize your employees and your customers are real people, not just numbers to improve your bottom line. Listen to feedback rather than deluding yourself with cliches. Create a supportive, positive work environment rather than a hostile,... greed-driven space. Stop lying and making false promises.

Freedom Mortgage2018-03-19
  8. "Would not recommend for long term employment."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at Freedom Mortgage full-time

Pros

Nice co-workers. There is lots of overtime if you want it.

Cons

High pressure work environment. Did not like the way customers were treated. Bad benefits - Expensive medical benifits, no paid sick days, no holiday pay for first 90 days of employment. Layoffs Mandatory Overtime. I didn't find any of this out until after I started working there.

Freedom Mortgage2018-02-09

"First Flyer Program- Loan Officer (Sales)"

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at Freedom Mortgage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training program, diverse work environment, great support from management

Cons

A lot of hours, overtime required, late nights, required to make 100+ outbound calls a day sometimes have to call the same people multiple times a day which feels like harassment

Advice to Management

have more consideration for your customers

Freedom Mortgage2018-01-04

"Loan Officer"

Former Employee - Loan Officer

I worked at Freedom Mortgage full-time for less than a year

Pros

close group of people...when it comes to the team youre on.....great pay as well. comission not so much....base is comfortable for entry level.

Cons

Terrible Technology Everything was slow, one day the whole system was shut down and we were left just sitting around waiting until it was back up....NO JOB SECURITY. if you are not liked you will not stay. If you are not liked you will not enjoy the job at all....Extreme Micromanaging. Tons of power struggle. Very stressful unorganized work environment to be in....terrible lead flow as well.

Advice to Management

speechless. Beyond improvement.

Freedom Mortgage2017-11-10