Cover image for FreedomCare

Healthcare

1d

a

Medical Records

I will be taking over a new team in our call center department at my job this upcoming week. I've been with the company a few years now and something I've noticed is NO ONE uses cameras but I've seen tons of people recommend it for teams. I am thinking of making it a requirement for my new team. I was thinking of starting off with once a week and moving into every other day so that it's not too much change at once. It will only be required for meetings. What does everyone think? Do you do this?

9 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Flexible hours .(in 6 reviews)
  • "A great with flexibility, decent pay, benefits,(in 6 reviews)
  • "Everyone is kind and the mission is genuine.(in 5 reviews)
  • "ability and good culture(in 5 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with, great opportunity to help your community and of course the ability to manage your schedule (that's an A+)(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of FreedomCare and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Freedom cares is an amazing company

Nov 19, 2022 - Home Health Aide
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are very understanding and flexible with work schedule.

Cons

I don't have any cons

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good the first year or two

Nov 7, 2022 - Caregiver in Watertown, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Flexible hours -work with someone you know

Cons

The first couple years the company will be very attentive, but after that the communication between FreedomCare and the caregiver starts to slack off. My client and I used to get monthly wellness calls. Those stopped a year ago. When I try to call my coordinator she never answers. She will typically contact me hours later through text. And don't be right on time with any paperwork Freedom Care needs. Make sure you have that in a few weeks in advance or you might be out of work for a while. For some reason it takes days for paperwork to be approved even if it's a simple ER discharge paper. The coordinators and supervisors all work from home, so I'm sure there's probably some who are better than others, but I'm not so sure because mine is awful. And if you ever have trouble getting through to your coordinator just call the new client line, because they always answer.

3. Join the FreedomCare team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Apply at your own risk

Nov 28, 2022 - Team Support Specialist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

You’re getting to work from home.

Cons

All of the newer outside hire members of management have Z E R O clue what they are doing and only focus on non existent metrics makings an already stressful job more stressful.

5. 4.0

Caregiver Position

Nov 18, 2022 - Caregiver in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility and Comfort serve as the top reasons.

Cons

Little to no room to grow and the base pay is also low.

6. 5.0

Awesome !

Nov 12, 2022 - Home Health Aide
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great with flexibility, decent pay, benefits,

Cons

Not to many cons but id say the wage depends on the county. But increases happen

7. 5.0

Amazing company

Nov 3, 2022 - Caregiver in Staten Island, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

On time payments with bonuses and frequent care packages from slippers to airpods.

Cons

No advancement opportunities that I can see.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Simple

Oct 27, 2022 - Patient Assistant in Bronx, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom cares app makes things so easy

Cons

Most similar companies pay more There isnt any oportunity for growth

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company that cares abut there employees

Apr 6, 2022 - Caretaker in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's an awsome company and allows you to be with your loved one and do the things for them and pay your necessary bills. You get paid weekly. You can opt to gt paid daily if you like. You can change your schedule to suit the patient's or your needs. You and the patient receive gifts for your service and bi-monthly supplies for free. You receive a wellness allowance twice a year. You receive extra benefits for you r phone, childcare, gym membership etc.. Ive never felt so cared for and valued for a company I worked for. They have a great Facebook group to keep connected with other Caretakers. They have caretaker classes you can take from your phone to be better at your job or for emergencies.

Cons

It can be difficult or take a while to get more hours depending on your patient's medical situation. You get a wellness allowance twice a year depending on how many hours you work monthly, but depending on your situation when tax time comes you may owe at the end of the year. The pay could be better for a better quality of life and the number of bills that need to be paid. But I believe they are working on it.

10. 5.0

Freedomcare review

Oct 19, 2022 - Home Health Aide in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

pay is decent Time is flexible

Cons

I dont have any cons

11. 4.0
    Current Employee

good

Oct 17, 2022 - Helper (Personal Home Assistant)
    Business Outlook

Pros

responsive to questions flexible schedule helpful staff easy clock in system

Cons

hard to get help fast

Viewing 1 - 10 of 155 Reviews
</>Embed

FreedomCare Reviews FAQs

FreedomCare has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 161 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at FreedomCare to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, FreedomCare employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at FreedomCare. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

78% of FreedomCare employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated FreedomCare 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at FreedomCare to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with FreedomCare Job Seekers