Fresenius Medical Care - North America Reviews in Cleveland, OH | Glassdoor

Updated April 29, 2017

Cleveland, OH

4.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Fresenius Medical Care - North America CEO Fresenius Medical Care North America and Deputy Chairman of the Management Board Rice Powell
Rice Powell

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management treats patients like cattle (in 39 reviews)

• Awful management, long hours, low pay for what the job requires (in 32 reviews)

1. "RN"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy the team I work with

Cons

Hours can be many if your are short staffed

Advice to Management

need labor pool to draw from

2. "Travel Dialysis Technician"

Former Employee - Travel Patient Travel Technician in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Travel Patient Travel Technician in Cleveland, OH

Pros

The people I worked with were amazing. My coordinator was very friendly, understanding, and she worked really hard to meet my needs. I would most definitely go back to this company.

Cons

As with any job there are downsides. My only real complaint is I did not always end up liking the clinics I worked in. This was in no way my coordinator fault, just a risk of working in the travel field.

"An emotional Rollercoaster"

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Cleveland, OH

Pros

My learning experience was impeccable. It enhanced the skills I already had as a phlebotomist. My trainer was awesome.

Cons

Always short staffed, unprofessional management team, lack of assistance from upper management

Advice to Management

When hiring mgmt staff please make sure they are qualified and not just a body. It makes a difference if they have a nice personality because they interact with the public and the last things patients need is person who makes them feel less than who they are. Saying "good morning" matters.

"Look at the Stock Price go!"

Current Employee - Financial Coordinator in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Financial Coordinator in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance is certainly the biggest positive. I don't believe I have received an email from a co-worker after 6PM, and never on weekends. In today's working life, that's hard to find. I also went to a 3 day training session which discussed many of the aspects of the job, though not all.

Cons

There are many negatives. First, there is no clear way to move up in the company. I do not believe they want to promote from within. I also do not believe in the vision or that it applies to daily working life. It seems like the stock price is the determining factor, though very few positions get bonuses (i.e. maybe corporate positions do, not sure). There are no promotions or possibilities of promotion.

Advice to Management

Have a fair, open and honest compensation model. Have clearly defined path the employees can take to get to the next position. Provide the necessary tools for people to complete the tasks they are asked to complete. Provide better incentives to work harder or longer.

6. "Pretty good"

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Cleveland, OH

Pros

I really enjoy my patients and I have a great manager.

Cons

Too much revolves around the budget. Employees should be compensated better.

Advice to Management

My experience was great at FMC.. My manager was patient & understanding.. We're still friends & I can use her for references. I'm PRN now, but wouldn't mind going back to full time.
    My advice would be to focus more on compensation a little better. Hourly employees should get paid a little better.

"Great company, poor location management"

Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

7 weeks vacation-can't beat that! Profit sharing is a percentage of annual salary and goes directly into 401k. Great communication from corporate.

Cons

Location manager is stuck in 1988 and refuses to accept and implement new and advantageous ideas and systems that would help location become more streamlined.

Advice to Management

Don't assume you know everything. Listen to those under you and take their ideas into consideration instead of just shutting them down instantly.

Showing 6 of 1,080 reviews