Fresenius Medical Care - North America Reviews in Franklin, TN | Glassdoor

Fresenius Medical Care - North America Franklin Reviews

Updated July 14, 2017

Franklin, TN

1.5
Fresenius Medical Care - North America CEO Fresenius Medical Care North America and Deputy Chairman of the Management Board Rice Powell
Rice Powell
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management does not care about staff shortage or being over worked (in 42 reviews)

• Sometimes long hours and uncooperative staff (in 39 reviews)

1. "Recruitment Specialist"

Former Contractor - Recruiter in Franklin, TN
    Former Contractor - Recruiter in Franklin, TN

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very large company that is global. Lots of recruitment resources. Great pay. Ability to work independently. Flexible hours.

Cons

The recruitment department had very poor communication. My supervisor was 'checked out'. Office politics were very prevalent. One moment they were talking to me about going permanent and the next my contract was ended. Supervisor basically let one peer rule the office and if you had different political views than them or did things differently you were suddenly shunned and without a job.

Advice to Management

Stop running department like a big sorority. Hire some diverse candidates, not just ascetically pleasing Caucasian females under 30.

2. "Dont waste your time"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really great with schedule Flexibility!

Cons

This company is very unorganized and unprofessional!

Advice to Management

Hire personable, experienced and unbiased Managers

"Trainer/Supervisor"

Former Employee - Trainer/Supervisor in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Trainer/Supervisor in Franklin, TN

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice building and a great location

Cons

The pharmacy is having problems finding its stride. After growing for two years and increasing revenues tremendously, their success has not translated into improved working conditions or employee relations. The workplace environment is tense and turnover is great. Pay is 15-20% below market standard. Benefits are average but at a high cost. There is little value on work-life balance and the attitude is, "If you don't like how we do things, go work somewhere else.
    There are two pathways into pharmacy employment. If you enter through the executive search or consultant level, salaries are adequate and sometimes above market, depending upon who sponsors your application (executive leadership). Salaries below Director level (outside hire) are negotiable and standard. However, all hires below that level are below market with long hours and high expectations. Systems, process and procedures change frequently and training is neither understood nor valued.
    The management style is "top-down" and upper management is not connected with front-line operations so changes often are inconsistent with established logic and are difficult to execute. Employee engagement has been attempted but leadership has never followed through to establish a consistent program. Employees are dissatisfied and favoritism is rampant.

Advice to Management

Bring in outside experts to help develop a consistent system of operations and employee engagement/development. Increase salaries to market standard and offer incentives to employees, especially supervisors. Establish an employee engagement program and improve training to fully engage employees.

"Not too bad"

Current Employee - Bilingual Financial Assistance Coordinator in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Bilingual Financial Assistance Coordinator in Franklin, TN

Pros

Fresenius has good benefits and nice shifts.

Cons

It's all about the money and not about the patients.

Advice to Management

Care more for your patients.

"Unethical"

Former Employee - Manager in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Manager in Franklin, TN

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is under the umbrella of the larger Fresenius Medical Care, which, on the whole, is an excellent company.

Cons

Chain of command was never followed. Management in other areas would make decisions that would affect your area in a large way but never consult you until it was announced and you discovered your department had been badly impacted. When you brought this to the attention of others, you were considered as not being a team player. Additionally, they are not overly concerned with ethics and compliance.

Advice to Management

Promote a better atmosphere of teamwork between management members. Encourage collaboration rather than dictatorship, and rather than changing things and maneuvering behind other managers' backs.

6. "Highly professional, results-driven company with"

Former Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Franklin, TN

I worked at Fresenius Medical Care - North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My personal supervisors in Franklin were fantastic - understanding, personable, friendly. When I needed time off and gave the appropriate notice, it wasn't a problem. It was expected that we all had lives outside the office, so when we were there, we worked hard, and when we weren't, we didn't stress out over work-related issues. Compensation and health benefits were quite good as well, better than most other employers I've worked for in town.

Cons

Communication was never their strong suit - I'm especially talking about the corporate managers and "higher-ups". Those of us who were being downsized in June 2014 found out the day it was taking place, while the meeting was taking place. So much for breaking it to us gently. Then, we were told to empty our desks, take our severance and leave. "Thanks for your service", indeed. Also, when our company merged with FMC, we were assigned a number, and needed to use that number whenever we had any HR or IT concerns. It really made us feel like they didn't care about us as people, only as numbers.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of communicating - both long-term and short-term issues - with your team. Remember that you are dealing with people, not numbers.

Showing 6 of 1,151 reviews